The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, samurai said:

yeah there are a lot teams that would want him and be willing to take some garbage as well if it didn't mean losing too much.  Nikita will never play in Van long term.  LA or anywhere where you got some Russkies.  I will be impressed if Benning pulls the trigger on him.  

How much value would Tryamkin have?  Would it be enough to rid of us Sutter?  

Just now, Silky mitts said:

Rathbone will be top four. Woo projects as a third pairing imo 

Woo will be a Bieksa 2.0.

Want a guy that can throw hits in the back end it’s Woo. Unless we still have Baum, his defensive strategies will kill our young guys.

Just now, Alflives said:

I’d love Stecher’s money to next year be spent on Tryamkin.  The Canucks have to do something to keep his young wife happy here though.  

Vancouver is a beautiful city, British Columbia is a beautiful Province, Canada is a beautiful country, what’s not to like? 

kid is ready to come do what he is supposed to do.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I could even make the argument that Benning has out drafted in combined total, Pat Quinn, Brian Burke, Dave Nonies and mike Gillias and yes all of them combined and he has done it in 6 years

i could make the argument

factually

with little debate

that when you say something is your last post

you do not mean it

but intend to go on and on and on

Takes from the game

#1...…….Stupid first goal...……...just bloody stupid

#2...…….Really impressed by JT and Jake

#3...…….I thought the middle of the game, the Canucks played with purpose

#4...……After falling behind, the Canucks seemed a little pssed off

#5...…….I am just not seeing our Captain lead...sorry Bo...….I want to see an aggressive fore-check with hitting and fighting for the puck

#6...…….Demko played better, and deserved a better fate

#7...…….We need some tougher players...…..Demko getting hit twice, should have drawn a response

#8...…….We lost this game 3 months ago, when we were not bringing the kids up and playing them, now we have MacEwen, Brisebois, Chatfield and Bailey up

I doubt anything changes...………...Green is a "coach for the moment" type of guy.....I think he is wrong

#9...……I seen improvement

It is going to be a tough month!

Baum needs to go. Myers, Benn, and Gudbranson were all loved by there past teams. All of a sudden once they come to Vancouver, they look like AHL defencemen.

Edler has looked awful defensively. Worst I’ve seen from him in his entire career.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Darius said:

This game was a glimpse of what playoff Jake would look like.  He keeps getting better as the season goes on imho 

Jake needs to do more in my book.  He's taking baby steps and numerous times some invisible play or steps backwards.  Not signaling him out but consistency is a big issue for him.  

Rathbone is good guys, I just feel like he would have a better chance in a different organization, for career path. Young guys will always get a more of a leash type of look, haha the draft picks high ones, Joulevi, Woo

Edited by The Aquamen

Just now, The Aquamen said:

Vancouver is a beautiful city, British Columbia is a beautiful Province, Canada is a beautiful country, what’s not to like? 

kid is ready to come do what he is supposed to do.

Yes our city is beautiful, and such, but she still hated it here.  I don’t think she speaks any language other than Russian too.  

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

factually

with little debate

you do not mean it

Actually I just stated a premise 

I did not go into the comparable therefor it is not an argument 

• Like 1

Watching that first goal in person was something. Mass confusion throughout the rink.

Gotta say, I thought Vancouver played well despite the loss. Demko had a hell of a game. Unfortunately stupid mistakes cost us, but the Canucks played good. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Baum needs to go. Myers, Benn, and Gudbranson were all loved by there past teams. All of a sudden once they come to Vancouver, they look like AHL defencemen.

Edler has looked awful defensively. Worst I’ve seen from him in his entire career.

Agreed, but Green’s systems put way too much pressure on the D.  If a guy can’t skate, and see the game like Hughes (and have his elite passing skills) they will struggle.  Unless, of course, they are his partner.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How much value would Tryamkin have?  Would it be enough to rid of us Sutter?  

I think he has a lot of value - not a first rounder level, but some serious assets involved. That is why I mean instead of some high end assets you could take less and add a crap contract.   I am of the camp that Nikita is a little bit of a complainer and that his 'family' doesn't like Van.  

Edited by samurai
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

factually

with little debate

you do not mean it

I did not say it was my last post neither i said my last thought

13 minutes ago, khay said:

You might be right, he may only be a bottom pairing D at the NHL and only replace Stecher. But he will hit and hurt them, which is something Stecher will never be able to do. We need that in the playoffs, someone who can crush the opposition so that they can't play their best hockey. 

Agreed but I’m just not convinced Tram is that type of player. I’d love to be proved wrong though. 
Man the team is looking shaky right now.