The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

When the head coach stands in front of the world and declares he is happy with how his his team is playing after 4 straight losses ...   

he needs to be relieved of his duties as he is so incompetent he can’t see the walls caving in 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Wat 1

They are just finding new ways to lose every night

they are a tire fire in the 3rd and they know it so they can’t handle any adversity thrown at them 

demko played pretty good though

why doesn’t green use his time out? At 2-2 I woulda done it 

Maybe I watched a different game than others, but I thought we outplayed Ariz all game. Stecher's unfortunate gaff with directing his skate without having his stick ready cost us a goal, which cost us the game. The Yotes also got an incredibly lucky first goal. I'm happy with how the team played, just not happy we lost again. Time to dig even deeper. I still have some faith in our guys.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

that said not sure even .500 hockey is enough at this point. 

Unfortunately, .500 hockey doesn’t mean much in the day of the loser point.  Case in point....the bloody awful Season of Torts (that got both Torts and Gillis rightly fired), team actually was one point ABOVE .500 at the end of the year.   It’s a pretty low standard.

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Well we know when healthy this team is first in the division....

With the depth call ups and a back up goalie in net we are not a good team....

Based on this information we are close to being a playoff team but not quite there yet....

We have about 5 prospects who will probably make the team in the next 2-3 years.......

That means this team will look a lot different in 2-3 years.... Also rookies Pettersson and Hughes will be more seasoned and heading into their prime years.....

We have to give up a first round pick this year or next year.... The best case scenario would be if we got our first round lottery pick for this year who was able to join the team in a couple years and be a part of a playoff contender...

Next year when the rookies are a little stronger, we make the playoffs and give the team a taste of what is needed to win a cup...

Then in 2023 we win the cup!!!

Its a process boys, everything happens for a reason! 

What depth call up's are you talking about? The only call up that has played a significant amount of games all season for the Canucks is MacEwen who has played 14 games over the span of 3+ months. The other 5 call up's have played a combined 18 games. The Canucks like to call up a lot of players they just don't like to play them. No depth (call up) player has made any real contribution (positive or negative) to the Canucks this season. The NHL team as assembled is responsible for any success or failure, Boeser has only missed 10 games and Marky 10 days and things were starting to look bad for this team well before that. Not strong enough horses or full gas tanks (whichever metaphor you choose) is whats hampering this team. Not enough JT Miller's to drag this team to the playoffs, need 2-3 more guys like him spread around the line-up before this team takes the next step.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

What depth call up's are you talking about? The only call up that has played a significant amount of games all season for the Canucks is MacEwen who has played 14 games over the span of 3+ months. The other 5 call up's have played a combined 18 games. The Canucks like to call up a lot of players they just don't like to play them. No depth (call up) player has made any real contribution (positive or negative) to the Canucks this season. The NHL team as assembled is responsible for any success or failure, Boeser has only missed 10 games and Marky 10 days and things were starting to look bad for this team well before that. Not strong enough horses or full gas tanks (whichever metaphor you choose) is whats hampering this team. Not enough JT Miller's to drag this team to the playoffs, need 2-3 more guys like him spread around the line-up before this team takes the next step.

Boeser out of the lineup is a bit irrelevant as well as his spot in the lineup has been adequately filled by Toffoli.  I hope we can re-sign the guy.  Solid player.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 hour ago, samurai said:

Didn’t say premium, but he can step into the league right now and play.  D develop later so 26 is not old.  He has a lot of value.  

I think the rights to a bottom pairing D have very little value.  Agree to disagree.  And maybe he ends up duo riding and bring more.  Time will tell 

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Can't look back now. Still in driver's seat 

Win the next one and go from there. Nux have games in hand on wild card teams

Next game against Colorado. Will not be easy, but they can do it, if the team starts to believe in themself.

GCG

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

Not even close to Chara 2.0

11 points in 58 KHL games, how do you think that would translate to the NHL level. Definitely not top 2 numbers.

He's a 3-4 d-man on a slightly above average KHL team. I know hes big and fans like him but there are probably 10-15 KHL d-men better than him that could probably be coaxed to sign with an NHL team like the Canucks. But he was drafted by JB and people got a glimpse of him for that one season so they have hyped him  into  "Chara 2.0" which is mis-guided and if he starts hearing those comparisons ( if he isn't hearing them already) it will put even more pressure on him. My feeling is if he does eventually have an NHL career it won't be in Vancouver (at least not for very long).

• Huggy Bear 1

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Boeser out of the lineup is a bit irrelevant as well as his spot in the lineup has been adequately filled by Toffoli.  I hope we can re-sign the guy.  Solid player.

If he stays hot the last 16 games then he'll approach career #'s and some GM out there will offer $7m for 5-6 years. Not sure JB can go that high on AAV but someone like  Bergevin or Guerin could easily. I think Montreal will go after him, maybe even add a 7th year.

17 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

He's a 3-4 d-man on a slightly above average KHL team. I know hes big and fans like him but there are probably 10-15 KHL d-men better than him that could probably be coaxed to sign with an NHL team like the Canucks. But he was drafted by JB and people got a glimpse of him for that one season so they have hyped him  into  "Chara 2.0" which is mis-guided and if he starts hearing those comparisons ( if he isn't hearing them already) it will put even more pressure on him. My feeling is if he does eventually have an NHL career it won't be in Vancouver (at least not for very long).

Are those 10-15 other Dmen 6'7"?

Edited by 73 Percent

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

When the head coach stands in front of the world and declares he is happy with how his his team is playing after 4 straight losses ...   

he needs to be relieved of his duties as he is so incompetent he can’t see the walls caving in 

but it was a good effort. I guess you'd prefer he dress them down to make you feel better, or come out with a statement like the 'walls are caving in' like thats going to be helpful in any way. 

• Cheers 4

We are still in control of our playoff hopes, so let’s get away from the doom and gloom talk and hope for the best. 

Those were some fluky bounces and goals for Arizona, and that was the difference in the end. Give the guys some credit, they played well enough to get a point at least out of this game. 

Moving forward...

Jake and J.T. look like 2 pissed off guys out there, pushing hard for goals and wins. Green should play them as much as he can, and hope the rest of the team plays with that same grit. 
Roussel on PP2 and playing in the final minute of regulation when down a goal...for real? Green please, NEVER AGAIN!!

Sutter and Eriksson both should play a lot less, like 10 mins or less. Give Gaudette and MacEwen the 12-15 minutes that those 2 vets get. They both look gassed midway through their shifts and lack the energy level we need at this point of the season.

We’re close to being a decent playoff team, not a cup contender, but a playoff team. Boy is that a big step forward from last year, especially when you see how much experience we lost. At this point I’m excited for our future, making the playoffs this season would be a bonus. 

Keep playing your hearts out guys, you’ll be rewarded!

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1