The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I didn’t watch the game. Lucky me. 

Instead, I watched Black Label Society at the Vogue. 

My evening was so much more fun than most of these posters’. 

I don’t know what’s worse, the usual Kumbaya lemming-signing in here or this stuff in here right now.

Is that with Zakk Wylde?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I didn’t watch the game. Lucky me. 

Instead, I watched Black Label Society at the Vogue. 

My evening was so much more fun than most of these posters’. 

I don’t know what’s worse, the usual Kumbaya lemming-signing in here or this stuff in here right now.

I went to a book launch and sushi and the tail end of a new political party launch as well, fun night

then I cam home and watched this debacle on tape

at least I skipped past Murth-Sat-Mac

I did tune in for the dog race though, Jakes dog plays like the Canucks 

For the rest of the season the Canucks team just have to focus on one thing: do whatever they can to win as many games as possible. My days on team tank has been over. Don't care what happens, just cheer for them to win every game. Hoping them to lose and get a 1st round pick and win the draft lottery days are over. It is time to not accept losing.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

Has 6'8" Tyler Myers made any impact at all for the Canucks this season? The answer to both questions is no. You know this isn't the NBA right? See I can ask stupid questions too.

Dayal seems to think so:

2 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

What depth call up's are you talking about? The only call up that has played a significant amount of games all season for the Canucks is MacEwen who has played 14 games over the span of 3+ months. The other 5 call up's have played a combined 18 games. The Canucks like to call up a lot of players they just don't like to play them. No depth (call up) player has made any real contribution (positive or negative) to the Canucks this season. The NHL team as assembled is responsible for any success or failure, Boeser has only missed 10 games and Marky 10 days and things were starting to look bad for this team well before that. Not strong enough horses or full gas tanks (whichever metaphor you choose) is whats hampering this team. Not enough JT Miller's to drag this team to the playoffs, need 2-3 more guys like him spread around the line-up before this team takes the next step.

I agree with this but i think there is value in observing the weakness of this team.... Management can now get a good look at what improvements need to be made...I think its actually a good thing we are going to get to see Demko play in the remaining games so we get a better idea of what role he will play for the team moving forward..

I am hoping Benning address a lot of these issues this summer and moves out dead weight...

Move out Sutter, Roussel, 

Hopefully Eriksson retires

Acquire more high tenacity, good skill guys like JT Miller who can produce offensively and be good defensively 

Bring in more toughness 

Because management was able to get a good look with this group I think this summers decisions will be more obvious and calculated to make. 

9 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Hey Green. Change things up. 

Rafferty in for Fanta or Benn.   Baer in for Loui.

What you are doing is not working.  SO CHANGE IT UP!!!

Emergency call ups can’t play unless someone is injured.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Dayal seems to think so:

Being the Canucks best right-handed defenceman unfortunately doesn't mean he's had an impact. I've watched every Canucks game this season and I can honestly say that I've seen Myers be a standout 4-5 games at most which is awful when you're the big UFA d-man signing from the previous off-season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GritGrinder said:

Being the Canucks best right-handed defenceman unfortunately doesn't mean he's had an impact. I've watched every Canucks game this season and I can honestly say that I've seen Myers be a standout 4-5 games at most which is awful when you're the big UFA d-man signing from the previous off-season.

Sometimes a D is doing his job best by not standing out ;) 

• Cheers 1

Blind loyalty towards Green continues for some fans.

He's a nice guy, comes across as very personable.. The 31 thoughts interview was great, you want to like him. But being likeable doesn't = being a good coach. Green and Nolan Baumgartner are both new to coaching at this level and it shows. Neither of them have shown that they're some brilliant savant coaches at the minor level, they were quite average... Why do people think they'd be something amazing at the highest level with no experience? Theyre learning on the job, which would be fine for the rebuild.. But this teams window is now, and playoffs this year were/ still are a legitimate possibility. Proper experienced coaching would get them through. This late into the season however, I think we may be stuck seeing where this green train takes us.

Hopefully gallant is still available in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Well I watched every game too and I can honestly say we missed Myers last night,  he plays a good game. hope he is not out for too long. Fantenberg and Benn were awful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

First I would like to say the guys played great last night, I seen that extra effort that should be in more games but they definitely brought it last night. 

So with Jake...…… He is again relegated to the 3rd line while LE starts in the top 6 again. We go down a goal and so TG decides we now need to change things up and switches Jake and LE. Jake plays great and looks great playing with Bo. Those that think LE should be played over Jake is on glue after seeing last nights game. 

Then,...….……….In the last few minutes of the game, I don't see Jake again but I see Roussel and Gaudette ,who played an awful game last night, on the ice. What?

I hope others are finally getting to see what some of us have been saying about Travis and these odd decisions he is making. I am no professional but most of us could plainly see Jake is a way better fit on Bo's line over LE, by a mile. 

It is painfully obvious that Jake plays a far better game when he is fully involved in the game and ,as another poster has said, he and Miller should be playing the majority of the game as they drive the play in the O zone.

Jake was on the 4th line to start and right from the beginning he was awesome, then he was moved to the 2nd and he continued to play well. as much as I agree about Rousell and Gaudette, the latter was awful, but I have to admit Rousell had one of his better games with a few hits and 5 shots on goal. I still think he shouldn't have been put out near the end when we were trying to score,