The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

24 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I vote JT Miller for captaincy next season :towel:

I believe after this season is completed, a number of things will have to be looked at including what worked and what didn't. Having dominant performances like playing Boston and then having total stinkers against some numerous bottom feeding teams brings to question the leadership and coaching of the team. Questions will have to be answered why these discrepancies happened and I think changes will be made where necessary.

I sure like JT as a leader though. If he was my leader on my team, I would follow him. :towel:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I vote JT Miller for captaincy next season :towel:

not fair to Horvat, I can't believe how you all wanted Horvat as captain, I don't think there was anyone that posts in here wanted different. and now we have a new flavour , you want to rip the C from Horvat? it won't happen!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

not fair to Horvat, I can't believe how you all wanted Horvat as captain, I don't think there was anyone that posts in here wanted different. and now we have a new flavour , you want to rip the C from Horvat? it won't happen!

I was actually an advocate for them to postpone naming a Captain because Bo's growth as a leader turned from being the "Bull" type of leader to the "Gentlemanly" leader mainly from his influence playing under Hank. 

Also, after seeing how Petey came in showing natural leadership, I thought it would be good to wait. 

But because the Team wanted to have "Nicey" celebrations for their 50th Anniversary, it was good publicity to have a night where Hank hands over the "C". 

Not sure if it was a good idea for the team in the long run. Time will tell I guess.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I was actually an advocate for them to postpone naming a Captain because Bo's growth as a leader turned from being the "Bull" type of leader to the "Gentlemanly" leader mainly from his influence playing under Hank. 

Also, after seeing how Petey came in showing natural leadership, I thought it would be good to wait. 

But because the Team wanted to have "Nicey" celebrations for their 50th Anniversary, it was good publicity to have a night where Hank hands over the "C". 

Not sure if it was a good idea for the team in the long run. Time will tell I guess.

I guess everything is wrong with the Canucks, can’t even get their captain right

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I’m going to get flamed for it but that’s how I feel. I don’t think Bo is going to get offended from some random poster on a forum. They will never see it. 

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Virt back on the forth line, no show lui on the second

giphy.gif

5 wins in 15 games yet Green roles the same lines, putting Jake with Sutter on the fourth line after he was the best forward last game? this is getting ridiculous his stubbornness will cost us playoffs. Time to bust out the draft lottery simulator

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If you're going to invoke context and Poile is mentioned....

Poile had for years had to operate with much smaller internal budget (vs clubs that have so such restriction).  Poile also started of a GM as a legit expansion team (vs say, the Vegas Knights who got some pretty liberal expansion rules).  He's also GM'd the club to five straight post-season appearances (including one Finals appearance).  Far different than taking over a team with at least SOME parts useable imho (eg., if Markstrom didn't get hurt, it's extremely highly unlikely we don't make the postseason).

For the record, him firing Trotz was a mistake (as history has shown - he's a great coach).

Just because one points out that NHL GM's rarely get to hire & fire more than one head coach (barring some kind of on ice performance); it doesn't mean that person agrees with that.  I've said more than once, the head coach is often the fall guy in many of those situations.

I'm confused as to what the conversation is here. 

Alf asked if any GM's have ever stuck around long enough to hire 3 coaches of their own. I answered. What context is needed?

3 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

5 wins in 15 games yet Green roles the same lines, putting Jake with Sutter on the fourth line after he was the best forward last game? this is getting ridiculous his stubbornness will cost us playoffs. Time to bust out the draft lottery simulator

FIRE GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1