The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PREGAME | Brandon Sutter

It would be really unique if a player said something else, "we know what to do but the coach doesn't", "Is that new golf course open yet?"

Edited by Lazurus

14 minutes ago, mll said:

It's outdated.  Marleau is no longer with Toronto for example.  Soderberg is with Arizona and not Colorado.  Pominville isn't playing anymore.  Quite a few players on the wrong teams.

It’s last years. But it wouldn’t have changed that drastically especially now adding Hughes to the mix. It says Canucks are 4th so I said top 5 as a guess. Point being the team is way younger then some other posters were suggesting 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

because if you actually watch the shift

roussell was the guy who almost scored on a tip in from the front of the net.

that goes in and its a very different conversation on talk radio the next day, but here we are, lets all pile on whatever twitter outrage bandwagon is currently trending for social media brownie points

See this is what I don't get. When it doesn't make sense, we just make up $h@t until it does? :picard:

3 minutes ago, mll said:

It's outdated.  Marleau is no longer with Toronto for example.  Soderberg is with Arizona and not Colorado.  Pominville isn't playing anymore.  Quite a few players on the wrong teams.

Well if you have the time you can find the most current information and make the adjustments.   I'm too lazy - ARI, CAR, MTL and VAN are the youngest teams in the league by a tiny margin (.2 years) so who really cares.  We are talking an overall difference of two months between the four teams.  Plus not to be Mr. Obvious, but LE, Sutter, Tanev and Edler the elder statesman not included over the hill even though he's in his prime still Myers (Lidstrom didn't win a Norris until he was 31, when did Burns peak again?) won't be done until he's 35....plus Roussel, Beagle and the rest of the vets, will likely be replaced internally or younger versions of themselves- we are a very young team.  They say it all the time on TV and print media.   But I guess because a few swaps aren't on google yet we are bunch of old farts in comparison.  Did they add Williams yet to CAR?  Probably older then us now. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s last years. But it wouldn’t have changed that drastically especially now adding Hughes to the mix. It says Canucks are 4th so I said top 5 as a guess. Point being the team is way younger then some other posters were suggesting 

They were middle of the pack at the start of the season.  There were 15 teams younger than the Canucks.  Their average age was 27.5 to 27.3 for the NHL average.   At the start of each season Mirtle compiles age, size, height of all teams.

Youngest was Colorado at 25.7 - Oldest was Nashville at 28.7

Edited by mll

9 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Paraphrasing Green:  It's how well you play in your zone....not just about rushing up the ice.  Wall work, positioning, etc. 

It's not rewarding or punishing or something personal as some view it.  It's about trying to address the other team (too) and so it's something to consider.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Nux tend to perform well vs good teams. 

due for a good game.  they have been playing better of late but did't get the bounce here of there.  

Got to stop the bleeding and get 2 pts.  

need a good start, score first 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

pot meet kettle

watch the shift where were pushing for the tying goal then

How does putting in a guy that is struggling and sitting one of your guys who is having a great game make any kind of sense at all? Gaud was brutal on the goal that came off of Stech's foot and Rouss hasn't scored since I think the Burrows night and we are going to throw them in there at the end of the game ahead of Jake? Yeah OK.

IMO if we don't make the playoffs , we can kiss goodbye any chance of re-signing MArky or Tofu. I don't think either guy wants to be part of a group that crumbles when the going gets tough. This year is obviously not about winning the Cup but just creating a winning culture. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

They were middle of the pack at the start of the season.  There were 15 teams younger than the Canucks.  Their average age was 27.5 to 27.3 for the NHL average.   At the start of each season Mirtle compiles age, size, height of all teams.

Ok. But don’t  most teams ahead of us have an older core then we do? 

Do you have a link I’m curious to check it out

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Paraphrasing Green:  It's how well you play in your zone....not just about rushing up the ice.  Wall work, positioning, etc. 

It's not rewarding or punishing or something personal.  It's about trying to address the other team (too) and so it's something to consider.

We are protecting a lead when we don't have one yet.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

How does putting in a guy that is struggling and sitting one of your guys who is having a great game make any kind of sense at all? Gaud was brutal on the goal that came off of Stech's foot and Rouss hasn't scored since I think the Burrows night and we are going to throw them in there at the end of the game ahead of Jake? Yeah OK.

Your analysis on what happened is suspect at best if you think Gaudette was brutal on that play.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

is roussel still struggling had that tip in gone for a goal? 

green tasked rousell with playing the burrows role, he went to the net front to create havok and he did his job

someone is making stuff up to fit there own narrative that s for sure, it's just not me in this case

• Cheers 1