The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

Just now, WZRD said:

I think the Canucks lose again tonight, but I hope I’m wrong. 

That's the feeling I have as well. Their habit of coming out of the gate weakly is killing their playoff chances. Couple that with the issue they seem to be having with closing out games, and I'm skeptical as to whether this team has the capability to make the playoffs.

They have the ability, what with how many talented players they have on the roster. The cohesion in how they play, the overall team effort and chemistry is what is truly hurting them. The "on paper" versus "on ice" reality, in my humble opinion.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Green is an egomaniac. He is going to take his awful idea of LE being a defensively responsible winger thus he deserves to be in the top-six to the grave it seems like. It's not rocket science. You put your six best players who have shown to have chemistry and success in the past in the top-six. Easy. Simple. Yet, Green thinks he's Scotty Bowman reincarnated and is trying to justify his terrible lineup decisions by being stubborn about it. Anyone remember why he took Virtanen off the top line for no apparent reason??

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

We face a good team tonight.

It looks we will play good, from the previous experience.

Our coach faced the problem of D, not forwarders.  

I don't understand Green always make changes of forwarder lines, not the D.

He has very little to work with on D

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Green said something about the team giving 100% the rest of the season, how is he going to accomplish that when he couldn’t for the first 80% of the season, just lip service IMHO.

Those types of comments are nothing but fodder. There is a disconnect with the team right now. It seems fairly obvious.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

He has very little to work with on D

How so?

He has our franchise leading D

A healthy premier shutdown D

A record breaking rookie offensive D

A hulking 6'8" D that can skate 

And capable bottom pairing guys in fanta, benn, and stetch

This is far and away the best Dcore we've had in the last 7 years.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's the feeling I have as well. Their habit of coming out of the gate weakly is killing their playoff chances. Couple that with the issue they seem to be having with closing out games, and I'm skeptical as to whether this team has the capability to make the playoffs.

Actually I think the team is more likely to come out like gangbusters and wipe the Avs.  Why?  That's just the Canucks.  When you expect them to win, they come out like they're all suffering from a bad hangover.  When you expect them to be slaughtered; they turn into the 70s Habs dynasty.  No logic at all.:lol:

Team is better at being the underdog (imho).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Green said something about the team giving 100% the rest of the season, how is he going to accomplish that when he couldn’t for the first 80% of the season, just lip service IMHO.

That sounds like why of saying player effort is responsible for the lousy performances over the past month.  Deflects the iissue from coaching.  I wonder how the players feel about that?

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

How so?

He has our franchise leading D

A healthy premier shutdown D

A record breaking rookie offensive D

A hulking 6'8" D that can skate 

And capable bottom pairing guys in fanta, benn, and stetch

This is far and away the best Dcore we've had in the last 7 years.

Oh I'm not saying our D is poor by any means! I was replying to a poster who wondered why Green doesn't change up his D pairing more frequently. We don't have a ton of options of mix and matching our D as much as we do our FWDs.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Shouldn't that have been the plan since Game 1?

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Oh I'm not saying our D is poor by any means! I was replying to a poster who wondered why Green doesn't change up his D pairing more frequently. We don't have a ton of options of mix and matching our D as much as we do our FWDs.

Ooooh

My bad. I understand. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Actually I think the team is more likely to come out like gangbusters and wipe the Avs.  Why?  That's just the Canucks.  When you expect them to win, they come out like they're all suffering from a bad hangover.  When you expect them to be slaughtered; they turn into the 70s Habs dynasty.  No logic at all.:lol:

Team is better at being the underdog (imho).

I honestly hope so. I want the younger impact players to get a taste of the playoffs, so that they get hooked and chase that dragon each year.dave chappelle drugs GIFthe simpsons GIF

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

IMO if we don't make the playoffs , we can kiss goodbye any chance of re-signing MArky or Tofu. I don't think either guy wants to be part of a group that crumbles when the going gets tough. This year is obviously not about winning the Cup but just creating a winning culture. 

and the Canucks have done that, all teams  go thru the ups and downs  coming out of a rebuild . not one team has won 82 games ,  

24 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

100%? That's nice but other teams are giving 110% during the stretch drive.

• Cheers 1