The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

40 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Once again our fanbase is fixated on one forward. 

Eriksson is not going to win or lose the game for us. 

We need good goaltending and a good team game. 

Whoever thinks that we should be trading chances with the MacKinnon line is out of their mind.

Trading chances?

I'm not sure I'd give him 4/1 on the chance ratio in our favour.

35 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I love Beagle as a 4th line center. We are hurting without him. I don’t find him soft at all. And have no problem having him on the team another year Or two

Sutter was great when he first came back from injury. Hasn’t been as nearly as effective recently. I wonder if he’s been ruined by injuries. Luckily he only has one year left.

Im wondering if Roussel is in decline already. I hope not. But this isn’t the same Rousell of last year or the first week back from injury. This ones a mystery to me especially because I’ve always taken him as guy that wants to win badly

ya what I don't get is some saying Beagle is soft, the guy is third in the nhl in face offs, we need him and it showed last game, also Rousell I think is starting to ramp it up, he had two hits and 5 shots on goal last game, and nobody even gives him credit for trying

Edited by bree2
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

It makes me want to cry

Sometime when I wake up after game night, half hung over, not knowing where I am or who I am I might get a glimpse of the picture and for a brief moment think we actually won a cup.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

Green is an egomaniac. He is going to take his awful idea of LE being a defensively responsible winger thus he deserves to be in the top-six to the grave it seems like. It's not rocket science. You put your six best players who have shown to have chemistry and success in the past in the top-six. Easy. Simple. Yet, Green thinks he's Scotty Bowman reincarnated and is trying to justify his terrible lineup decisions by being stubborn about it. Anyone remember why he took Virtanen off the top line for no apparent reason??

Nice observation, liking the egomaniac characterization.

I have Green as the Zen Master, Guru slash intellectual Phil Jackson (Bulls/Lakers legendary coach) wannabe.

But whatever works to make the playoffs is my bottom line or bye bye.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Sometime when I wake up after game night, half hung over, not knowing where I am or who I am I might get a glimpse of the picture and for a brief moment think we actually won a cup.

You're a man with a plan I'll give you that haha.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think the Canucks are 2 years behind EDM. So, they're getting there.

What turned EDM from pretender to contender? Holland and Tippett.

Smart player moves and good coaching make a big difference  

What turned Philadelphia around - Vigneault!

In a tougher conference coaching a team with less overall talent than Vancouver.

Edited by 6string

7 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It makes me want to cry

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It’s kinda cool and one can dream.

It's fake, read the caption at the bottom it says we lost Game 7 in New York. It's like a weird mashup of '94 and '11.

2 minutes ago, jackofwind said:

It's fake, read the caption at the bottom it says we lost Game 7 in New York. It's like a weird mashup of '94 and '11.

Everything else is right except for that caption. I think just the caption is wrong.

4 minutes ago, jackofwind said:

That’s just a note below the newspaper, apparently they were printed up and ready to go out if we won but since we lost they were destroyed, seems some were taken buy staff as souvenirs.

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Everything else is right except for that caption. I think just the caption is wrong.

Why would the unattached caption be the incorrect thing though, especially when a "mocked-up frontpage" could easily have unrelated text used to fill text boxes.

It's just someone's silly personal joke. If it's actually on official display somewhere there's no way it says Vancouver beats Boston in New York.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s just a note below the newspaper, apparently they were printed up and ready to go out if we won but since we lost they were destroyed, seems some were taken buy staff as souvenirs.

Re-read the note, it says we lost to Boston in New York. The note makes no sense and there's no way someone in the Vancouver newspaper industry gets those details wrong - we lost the Cup in our own city and had riots FFS.

Edited by jackofwind