The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yes, that paper was ready to hit the streets the second we won. Waiting for a pic then printing would take hours, also this was a special edition, the proper one with SCF pics would have went out the next morning.

I hope newspapers still exist by the time we win the cup cause that is a hell of a keepsake.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Omg everything was perfect a movie date set up for Sat, now she has to change it to tonight (work). I don't know how to get out of it?

If you are a big enough Canucks fan that you would rather watch the game than go out to a movie then I would be honest with her and tell her that you are looking forward to watching the game. Suggest she comes over and watches the game with you and you can go to a movie another night. If she doesn’t understand that then perhaps she isn’t the one for you anyway. My two cents. 

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

If you are a big enough Canucks fan that you would rather watch the game than go out to a movie then I would be honest with her and tell her that you are looking forward to watching the game. Suggest she comes over and watches the game with you and you can go to a movie another night. If she doesn’t understand that then perhaps she isn’t the one for you anyway. My two cents. 

Yeah right, I knew someone who told the truth to his wife once, rest his soul.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Western Red said:

.. dude. Don't use that site. Bumble, that's where the quality women are and where I found mine.

I found mine the old fashioned way, hit her over the head with my club and dragged her home by the hair.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

you can't make diamonds without applying tremendous amounts of pressure

perfect case scenario if you want an opportunity for growth from our young guns

Jordan Peterson- a Canadian professor of psychology at the University of Toronto says "you see what you aim at", I am suggesting there is a psychology to winning, it may be  worth looking at on a team basis.

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm not the one that brought up Poile FWIW ;)

But fair enough on the 'fall guy' issue. I don't personally see it happening here (as I don't believe we need a 'fall guy' as we're right where we were expected to be, injured MVP goalie and all). But it is certainly not uncommon.

As for firing Trotz, hard to say it was/wasn't a mistake. Sometimes teams need a change, good coach or not (see: AV here). But yes, he is a good coach. He was one of the guys I was hoping the Canucks would target, but clearly he wanted to go to a contender.

Firing AV  did not help at all.

We needed roster changes and firing the coach was "easier"

We continued to need roster changes for 5 years after AV was fired

AV was fired because Gillis painted himself into a corner with bad contracts 

AV was a scapegoat

I think Jim knows this and is trying to be the opposite, hence Willie got to run out his contract and Green will too

3 hours ago, NeilColville said:

Virtanen has been a hell of a lot more useful this year than Eriksson has been in his entire time here in Vancouver. 

I would love to see them try Virtanen on penalty kill and play him out a little higher towards the blueline. With his speed, it could disrupt how opposition defense approach setup. We used to do this back in the 90's with Bure, who granted, had a lot more scoring ability on breakaway, but it could rattle them a little.

• Cheers 2