The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

The Canucks just called me, 12 days after the deadline for renewing. Quite frankly, I was surprised that it took them so long. They will release my seats. I'm officially out. He didn't put any pressure and he understood my point of view. I hope to come back, maybe, once everything goes back to normal. I was not in for only 4 seasons but it is what it is. Good luck to all of you. It was nice exchanging here. Go Canucks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Curt said:

The Canucks just called me, 12 days after the deadline for renewing. Quite frankly, I was surprised that it took them so long. They will release my seats. I'm officially out. He didn't put any pressure and he understood my point of view. I hope to come back, maybe, once everything goes back to normal. I was not in for only 4 seasons but it is what it is. Good luck to all of you. It was nice exchanging here. Go Canucks!

They are wanting you to put a deposit down and are anticipating the next season to start when.. ?  just out of curiosity... 

35 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

They are wanting you to put a deposit down and are anticipating the next season to start when.. ?  just out of curiosity... 

We need to pay 5% of the total bill immediately. Installments will start later. I didn't ask any question about when the next season would start. They probably have no idea.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:51 PM, jovocop55 said:

I didnt pay the deposit yet. Im gonna wait. 

Anyone try canucks marketplace? Might use my remaining gift card balance there  

Looks like an interesting concept. A much better way to use gift cards than the sportsbar as food is much cheaper. 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:24 PM, Curt said:

Probably the right move. I paid deposits on my tickets (after much thought) but only because they are 100% refundable up until the first game is played. I know several people who cancelled their tix, some of them holders for 20 years. A lot of it has to due with covid.

Edited by DonaldBrashear

On 8/5/2020 at 9:51 PM, jovocop55 said:

I didnt pay the deposit yet. Im gonna wait. 

Anyone try canucks marketplace? Might use my remaining gift card balance there  

Did it take your gift card?  I tried putting my card number in but lt doesn't work.. 

1 hour ago, bt116 said:

Did it take your gift card?  I tried putting my card number in but lt doesn't work.. 

Yes I tried yesterday.   Got $10 off $50 the promo they are having, use the $10 gc they handed out and use the remaining balance on my STH gift card..  Food was good.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jovocop55 said:

Yes I tried yesterday.   Got $10 off $50 the promo they are having, use the $10 gc they handed out and use the remaining balance on my STH gift card..  Food was good.. 

Thanks, it works on my computer. 

It Didn't work off my phone for some reason. 

On 8/7/2020 at 4:34 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Probably the right move. I paid deposits on my tickets (after much thought) but only because they are 100% refundable up until the first game is played. I know several people who cancelled their tix, some of them holders for 20 years. A lot of it has to due with covid.

That would explain why it took them 12 days to call me and why he didn't put any pressure on me They have so many people to call and they are focusing on the more expensive tickets. A lot of decisions I make, are taken with my heart. Not renewing was 100% taken with my head. Whether I like it or not, buying Canucks season tickets is in some ways an investment. I think that due to current circumstances, it's a real bad one right now. Yes, they are refundable but if we get hit hard with a second wave, and people start asking for refunds, we will see how fast the Canucks will issue those refunds. We all laughed when the Canucks said that it would take them 4-6 weeks to issue refunds for the last 6 regular season games. I just hope that they don't start having cashflow issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Canucks went on a firing spree. I got an email saying my rep is leaving and my friend also got an email same exact cookie cutter email from his rep who is a different rep. I guess the Canucks don't need alot of staff if they arent playing due to covid. Sucks to see people laid off though. Damn covid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Slickrick2369 said:

Anyone else wondering when we will see another game live.... 

I was told they still plan to do seat relocation which surprised me

Not for a very long time. NFL stadiums in the USA are only allowing like 15% capacity and even then they can't sell out. Fans are not interested in attending live games right now. I suspect they will probably fill 15 or 20% of the arena with spacing between seats, but who knows. I can't imagine January 1 (just 12 weeks away) there will be 18,500 fans sitting next to each other. No way.

I think they will announce a shortened covid season (like 55 games instead of 82), with playoffs in the normal time frame (April-June). Then I am hopeful next year (Sept 2021) things will be back to normal and there will be vaccines wide spread. So to answer your question, I expect the next live game I see will be the home opener on October X, 2021.

Edited by DonaldBrashear

22 hours ago, Curt said:

Other than the 5% deposit/first installment did the Canucks ask you to pay more?

No. They ask each month but I decline. Apparently they are going to take out a lump sum (like 4 months worth) sometime in November. I dont see it happening though. I will tell them not to. I think I am probably going to cancel my tickets.

3 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

No. They ask each month but I decline. Apparently they are going to take out a lump sum (like 4 months worth) sometime in November. I dont see it happening though. I will tell them not to. I think I am probably going to cancel my tickets.

Same here. Everyone know there wont be full crowds in a arena next year. Maybe 20-30% capacity at best. 

And with canucks losing top guys left and right, not sure if STH wanna renew anymore 

Edited by jovocop55

Looks like the Edmonton Oilers have tons of season tickets available for sale in basically most price categories. I guess their wait list is over now too.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/tickets/season-seats

I wonder how many cancellations the Canucks have got.

One interesting blurb on the Oilers site is this:

Important Notice: New Oilers Season Seats are not available for purchase when the primary intended use of the tickets by the purchaser is for-profit resale, whether through online fan-to-fan resale platforms or other forms of distribution. Any Season Seats purchased and later determined to be intended primarily for for-profit resale will be voided.

Edited by DonaldBrashear

3 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Looks like the Edmonton Oilers have tons of season tickets available for sale in basically most price categories. I guess their wait list is over now too.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/tickets/season-seats

I wonder how many cancellations the Canucks have got.

One interesting blurb on the Oilers site is this:

Important Notice: New Oilers Season Seats are not available for purchase when the primary intended use of the tickets by the purchaser is for-profit resale, whether through online fan-to-fan resale platforms or other forms of distribution. Any Season Seats purchased and later determined to be intended primarily for for-profit resale will be voided.

That should be the least of the Oilers' worries. If there are thousands and thousands of available season tickets, no one will buy some just to make a buck. It would be a very bad move.