The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

On 3/7/2020 at 11:39 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/nba-nhl-owners-opposed-to-games-with-no-fans-if-coronavirus-spreads.html

Owners of NHL and NBA teams told CNBC on Friday they do not want to play games with no spectators if the coronavirus outbreak makes it too risky to gather large crowds. 

13 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

ill show up in a full body suite if this gets out of hand

13 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I will wear latex gloves and a face mask to HG1 

I was at the Costco in Richmond on Thursday and there were no more body suits, gloves, mask or toilet paper.  Sounds like "a $h1t show" is about to happen !  Hope not  and everyone remains calm.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Canucks just sent out an email to season ticket holders:

--------------------------

Hi,

The health and safety of our fans, players and staff is a top priority and it is important for us to keep you updated on the proactive steps we are taking at Rogers Arena as the ongoing Coronavirus issue evolves.

Although in Canada the risk of COVID-19 remains low, we are closely monitoring the situation and will implement all necessary safety measures as required. We are in daily communication with Provincial Health Services and the NHL to ensure we have the very best and latest information.

To date, we have taken the following proactive steps at Rogers Arena. We will continue to make immediate adjustments as necessary:

• Added approximately 150 sanitizing stations throughout the arena
  • Increased our cleaning staff and rigorous surface cleaning frequency and protocols
  • Acquired specialty sanitizing equipment
  • Added more educational signage encouraging fans to wash their hands, cough into their sleeves and to stay home if they are feeling sick.

We will continue to welcome our fans to Rogers Arena and are looking forward to an exciting final stretch as we push for the playoffs. We will also continue to take all precautionary measures to ensure your health and safety and we will update you as new information becomes available.

Sincerely,

Trent Carroll
Chief Operating Officer, Alternate Governor, NHL
Canucks Sports & Entertainment

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I think non-alcohol seats in 102 are cheaper, aren't they? I recall seeing the price list last year and they were like $78 a seat or something crazy low. If that's the case it probably makes up for any loss in resale value. Frankly it's not worth drinking if the seats cost $10 more, plus $10 a drink. That's $50 for 4 beers. I'd almost rather get non-alcohol seats too and not have to worry about fights or drunks spilling beer on me, and then go out after the game and spend $50 at the pub and get some wings.

Are they that cheap?  Then might not be bad.  I don't drink or even eat at games, just a rip off.  

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Are they that cheap?  Then might not be bad.  I don't drink or even eat at games, just a rip off.  

From the 17.18 price guide:

$74.34 - LB2 Defensive No Alcohol

$86.98 - LB2 Defensive High Endzone

So you save $12 a seat. I am sure prices are similar this year.

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

From the 17.18 price guide:

$74.34 - LB2 Defensive No Alcohol

$86.98 - LB2 Defensive High Endzone

So you save $12 a seat. I am sure prices are similar this year.

Yeah not too far off of that for next year. This may end up being a one year endeavour for myself so I'm not too concerned with resale as I know I'd likely end up giving away tickets in my group of friends.

Thanks for the heads up on the relocation event as well. I just assumed I would be locked in to what ever I get tomorrow.

On 3/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, GKM56 said:

Yeah not too far off of that for next year. This may end up being a one year endeavour for myself so I'm not too concerned with resale as I know I'd likely end up giving away tickets in my group of friends.

Thanks for the heads up on the relocation event as well. I just assumed I would be locked in to what ever I get tomorrow.

So I ended up with my entry seats in 329 row 4, not great but it is what it is. My account manager told me I should be able to relocate quite easily come June though as they are anticipating a lot of movement, so take that for what it's worth.

25 minutes ago, GKM56 said:

So I ended up with my entry seats in 329 row 4, not great but it is what it is. My account manager told me I should be able to relocate quite easily come June though as they are anticipating a lot of movement, so take that for what it's worth.

Those are not bad.

1 hour ago, GKM56 said:

Heh yeah I suppose the tone of my message came off a bit negative.

I had my hopes set on 102, but I'm happy with row 4 in the upper too.

Make sure you sign up for relocation nights when they email us later on........free dinner too.

• Thanks 1

San Jose sharks are the first team to have their home games cancelled for the rest of the season. Santa Clara County has put a ban on any mass gatherings and the San Jose sharks will have 3 home games affected. Fortunately for them they don't have to worry about playoffs :)

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-san-jose-coronavirus-ban-sap-center/c-316072038

5 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

San Jose sharks are the first team to have their home games cancelled for the rest of the season. Santa Clara County has put a ban on any mass gatherings and the San Jose sharks will have 3 home games affected. Fortunately for them they don't have to worry about playoffs :)

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-san-jose-coronavirus-ban-sap-center/c-316072038

Yikes, at least we don't go to SJ again, that would be weird to see.  Their STHs are probably thrilled 5 games refunded.