The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

2 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Yikes, at least we don't go to SJ again, that would be weird to see.  Their STHs are probably thrilled 5 games refunded. 

I would expect LA and Anaheim are going to follow suit quickly, then probably the NY Rangers and NY Islanders, and then maybe Florida Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning. At that point the NHL might just shut it all down. Depends how things go this week....

11 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I would expect LA and Anaheim are going to follow suit quickly, then probably the NY Rangers and NY Islanders, and then maybe Florida Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning. At that point the NHL might just shut it all down. Depends how things go this week....

Wonder if playoffs might get delayed,  they make way too much money.  Can't have 4-5 empty arenas   San Jose might play at a neutral site

Edited by BCNeil

8 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I follow the Bolts very closely and haven't heard anything to that affect. Where did you see that mentioned?

1 minute ago, GKM56 said:

I follow the Bolts very closely and haven't heard anything to that affect. Where did you see that mentioned?

I saw it discussed in a few places and a wrestling site. Nothing specific to the Tampa Bay Lightning, but to the city of Tampa specifically. Much like San Jose, the city of Tampa may ban any large gatherings and the NHL would need to abide by this. I don't think they will do this lightly either, because there is much bigger fish at stake here (Wrestlemania etc). Here is one tweet I saw on it:

9 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I saw it discussed in a few places and a wrestling site. Nothing specific to the Tampa Bay Lightning, but to the city of Tampa specifically. Much like San Jose, the city of Tampa may ban any large gatherings and the NHL would need to abide by this. I don't think they will do this lightly either, because there is much bigger fish at stake here (Wrestlemania etc). Here is one tweet I saw on it:

ya WrestleMania is on april 5 in tampa that could be a huge cancel 

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/03/11/us-health-director-anthony-fauci-recommends-nba-fans-banned

Top U.S. Health Official Recommends NBA Ban Fans from Games

A top U.S. health official has recommended that the NBA should play games without fans as the coronavirus continues to spread around the country.

Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said any event that allows large crowds increases the risk of spreading the virus, which is also known as COVID-19. The NBA has continued to allow fans to attend games while reportedly considering how to handle the outbreak.

“We would recommend that there not be large crowds,” Fauci said, according to the Wall Street Journal. “If that means not having any people in the audience when the NBA plays, so be it. But as a public health official, anything that has large crowds is something that would give a risk to spread.”

Fauci's statement was in response to a question about whether the NBA isn't doing enough to address coronavirus concerns, or whether the Ivy League overreacted when it canceled conference tournaments due to the coronavirus. Meanwhile, the MAC announced it would play its tournament without fans.

The NBA's board of governors is reportedly planning to meet Thursday to discuss the possibility of moving games to neutral cites and cities that have not yet been impacted by the coronavirus, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Other possibilities include removing fans from arenas for games and suspending play for a period of time, but those options are "complicated" while timetables for testing or vaccines are unknown.

The NBA is one of four major sports leagues to restrict media members and non-essential personnel from locker rooms. Players have also been recommended to limit contact with fans

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Fansfirst has temporarily updated their payout policy,  Payouts will be delayed until games are played, in case games are cancelled.  I wonder if stubhub and ticket exchange will do so also?

Stubhub already did this a few days ago. Times are a changin'. Gonna hurt the ticket industry big time!

Edited by DonaldBrashear
  • Upvote 1

"CancelEverything" is trending worldwide and in Canada. Basically immense pressure is going to be put on major organizations to cancel everything over the next month or so. I suspect we hear from the Canucks in the next few days. We have 6 home games left. I would be really surprised if they don't play them in front of an empty crowd.

Then, I suspect they will suspend playoffs until end of April and re-evaluate. Playoffs could end up being played over the summer.

Just my guess. Maybe I'm wrong. But at this point it seems inevitable.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

"CancelEverything" is trending worldwide and in Canada. Basically immense pressure is going to be put on major organizations to cancel everything over the next month or so. I suspect we hear from the Canucks in the next few days. We have 6 home games left. I would be really surprised if they don't play them in front of an empty crowd.

Then, I suspect they will suspend playoffs until end of April and re-evaluate. Playoffs could end up being played over the summer.

Just my guess. Maybe I'm wrong. But at this point it seems inevitable.

I have heard May 1st is likely for playoffs to start.  I have also heard they might end the season early, current playoff positions stick...........The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage). It's the first rule in the tiebreak procedure.  Never thought it would ever be used.  

I sell a lot of tickets to perfect strangers on Craiglist and Facebook Marketplace. I sincerely hope that they kept my phone number or email address if they want me to reimburse them for any cancelled game because I have no clue who bought my tickets. I only wrote down the amount of the sale and if it's from Craiglist or Facebook.

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

I sell a lot of tickets to perfect strangers on Craiglist and Facebook Marketplace. I sincerely hope that they kept my phone number or email address if they want me to reimburse them for any cancelled game because I have no clue who bought my tickets. I only wrote down the amount of the sale and if it's from Craiglist or Facebook.

Or lucky you ;)