The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

I was able to recover my deleted emails. I looked into my Marketplace messenger, went through all my texts. I contacted all my buyers but one. No idea who bought the Tampa Bay game. Hopefully he/she will contact me.

Lesson learned for the future. I will keep track of the buyers.

Edited by Curt
Incomplete

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I was able to recover my deleted emails. I looked into my Marketplace messenger, went through all my texts. I contacted all my buyers but one. No idea who bought the Tampa Bay game. Hopefully he/she will contact me.

yeah gotta add a new column on my spreadsheet next year too

10 hours ago, Curt said:

If you sent it digital tickets go back to your account and search her up

I'm on the auto-renewal program and just received an e-mail that the team will not be processing the Deposit payment while the league is currently on Pause.

Hi

Thank you for your support as a Canucks Season Ticket Member. Due to yesterday’s announcement by the National Hockey League to pause the 2019.20 season, your deposit for your 2020.21 Renewal Membership (originally scheduled for March 16, 2020) will not be processed until further information becomes available.

If you have any questions about your Membership or the 2020 Playoffs, please call us during business hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM) at 604.899.GOAL (4625) and select option 1 to speak with a Canucks Representative. 

Sincerely,

Your Vancouver Canucks
WE ARE ALL CANUCKS

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hockeyrulz said:

I'm on the auto-renewal program and just received an e-mail that the team will not be processing the Deposit payment while the league is currently on Pause.

Hi

Thank you for your support as a Canucks Season Ticket Member. Due to yesterday’s announcement by the National Hockey League to pause the 2019.20 season, your deposit for your 2020.21 Renewal Membership (originally scheduled for March 16, 2020) will not be processed until further information becomes available.

If you have any questions about your Membership or the 2020 Playoffs, please call us during business hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM) at 604.899.GOAL (4625) and select option 1 to speak with a Canucks Representative. 

Sincerely,

Your Vancouver Canucks
WE ARE ALL CANUCKS

I think that it's the right thing to do. We all finished paying our 2019-2020 season tickets at least 2 months ago. Most likely the Canucks will need to reimburse us back something like 12-15%. Why should we start paying now for the 2020-2021 season? Let's find out what happens to the current season first. I appreciate what the Canucks are doing.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I think that it's the right thing to do. We all finished paying our 2019-2020 season tickets at least 2 months ago. Most likely the Canucks will need to reimburse us back something like 12-15%. Why should we start paying now for the 2020-2021 season? Let's find out what happens to the current season first. I appreciate what the Canucks are doing.

Our invoices now show deposit due April 1st.  I guess it could be delayed again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very likely that stubhub is going to end up bankrupt over this. They have run out of cash and are no longer offering refunds to customers.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/will-coronavirus-finish-off-for-profit-ticket-resale-144141

Update (March 30, 11:65 a.m.): A StubHub spokesperson provided Pollstar with the following comment with regards to the changed return policy:

"StubHub is a global marketplace and our policies vary by region, in line with local guidance. In the last few weeks, 28,000-plus events have been cancelled, postponed or rescheduled – 23,000 in the US alone. Given the unprecedented impact the coronavirus has had on the live events industry, we have adapted our policies in the U.S. and Canada while continuing to go above and beyond for our customers. 

"As a marketplace, we act as an intermediary for buyers and sellers. In normal times, we’ve made the decision to refund buyers before collecting money from the seller to offer buyers more convenience. And under normal circumstances, this works well, even with StubHub taking the risk of timing delays and some losses when we are unable to collect from the seller. With the coronavirus impacting 28,000-plus events and the associated magnitude of challenge in recouping monies owed by sellers over the coming months, it is currently impossible for us to offer immediate cash refunds to all buyers.  

"When the volume of cancellations accelerated a few weeks ago, we were the first in our industry to offer a coupon worth 120% of the ticket value. This will now be our default option in Canada and in the U.S. Outside of the U.S. and Canada, fans are defaulted to a refund. Due to the exceptional circumstances the music and sport industries are currently facing, some refunds may take a little longer than normal to process. We greatly appreciate our community’s patience and understanding during this extraordinary time."

If we assume the season is over, will the remaining value of the tickets be credited to next season ticket costs and what value will be paced on the tickets. There is a value printed on  each ticket ? Frankly I'm over hockey for now and I have other plans for the summer ( I hope ) so a credit would be my preferred solution

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

If we assume the season is over, will the remaining value of the tickets be credited to next season ticket costs and what value will be paced on the tickets. There is a value printed on  each ticket ? Frankly I'm over hockey for now and I have other plans for the summer ( I hope ) so a credit would be my preferred solution

I don't think they will go by the printed value on each ticket, as that's just the face value.  And yes I would assume we would get a credit that rolls onto next season's tickets.

I think they will just credit back the season ticket holder cost for that particular game, based on the category for that game (regular, regular + , premium) etc.

I am assuming the season is over.  What an absolute nightmare this pandemic has turned out to be.  Heard there might be a second wave of the virus come the fall season as well.  Let's not that is not true.

2 hours ago, bt116 said:

I don't think they will go by the printed value on each ticket, as that's just the face value.  And yes I would assume we would get a credit that rolls onto next season's tickets.

I think they will just credit back the season ticket holder cost for that particular game, based on the category for that game (regular, regular + , premium) etc.

I am assuming the season is over.  What an absolute nightmare this pandemic has turned out to be.  Heard there might be a second wave of the virus come the fall season as well.  Let's not that is not true.

IMO the scary part will be when ( not if ) the virus hits the refugee camps in Yemen, Syria, Turkey, Greece and Jordon. There are millions living in sub human filth and depravation. From there it's a short hop and a jump to move from the Middle East to  Europe, to SE Asia, to China etc etc and a second continuation of what we're currently experiencing. Let's hope that we will have a vaccination or cure

• Like 1

If they don't come back this year, I won't be coming back.

I've lost my job and I've had to pay back people for a couple upcoming games.

This goes beyond whether or not I come back, there will not be a market for people to buy season tickets to begin with because there is no economy, and certainly no resale market. 

Right now I'm not interested in credit for next season, it's irrelevant.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, layne said:

If they don't come back this year, I won't be coming back.

I've lost my job and I've had to pay back people for a couple upcoming games.

This goes beyond whether or not I come back, there will not be a market for people to buy season tickets to begin with because there is no economy, and certainly no resale market. 

Right now I'm not interested in credit for next season, it's irrelevant.

I agree with you. Season ticket holders better be prepared to watch tons of live games in the foreseeable future. A lot of fans will be scared to death to attend matches surrounded by 18,000 other people and with the refund issues with Stubhub and Ticketmaster, very few will be interested in buying and paying for event tickets months or weeks ahead without knowing if these matches will be postponed again and if they will need to wait for their money. The economy will be down the drain and not just a little bit. Folks will watch on TV but will not have the funds or the will to cough up big bucks to buy tickets. It will be tough for at least a few years I'm afraid. I told my representative (When he emailed me Yesterday) that I would not appreciate if the NHL forced games in July and August down our throats. That would put me off and out. I have zero interest in going into an indoor arena to watch a hockey game in the middle of July or August even if it's for a Canucks playoff game. What a total disaster this is for everybody. 

• Like 3

On 3/31/2020 at 11:39 AM, Fred65 said:

You will be credited/refunded the amount based on variable member pricing sent to you at the beginning of the season. It was sent in August, titled "Game Categories and Member Variable Pricing". These are the actual prices per game from what I understand.

We only had 6 home games left in the season. They are:

2 x Regular

3 x Regular Plus

1 x Premium

For me, as an Upper Bowl IV Offensive, that means I would get back $31.00 per ticket for the Regular games, $42.55 for the Regular Plus games and $60.25 for the Premium game. So for each ticket I have, I would get back a total of $249.90. My total package cost was $2009.00, so that works out to about 12.4% total of the amount I paid. Keep in mind these are the lowest amounts for UB4. Check your email for proper amounts.

As for credit vs refund, I imagine they will do credits, but if you cancel your membership they will need to refund the difference. Some people may demand cash back because they need to pay back cash paid to them from stubhub. It could get messy once the NHL officially announces they have cancelled the season.