The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

Well… maybe I’m overreacting but I pretty much lost all of my interest in being a Canucks season ticket holder. I believe that the deadline for not renewing for the 2020-2021 season was March 16 (If you were on the auto-renew plan like me). I did nothing at the time, and I am now over a month late. The Canucks suspended our monthly installments, so we paid nothing yet for 2020-2021. They still owe us 6 games though. I am afraid that no games will be played for a very long time (at least with people in the stands). There is no way that games will be sold out when action resumes and that means a lot of empty seats meaning very low resale value for us. People won’t have money for tickets and will be scared to be jammed with 18,500 people. Will we have an opportunity to get out without penalties? The Canucks can always use the +/- 15% credit that they owe us for 2019-2020 as leverage to keep us hostages for one more season.

I am hoping for a price reduction but I don’t know if it’s realistic. Customers will be very cautious before buying tickets from Stubhub or Ticketmaster, afraid of potential postponed/cancelled games. They will also be thinking about these companies holding their funds forever before issuing refunds. What a mess. I don’t even know if keeping my Seahawks seasons was a wise decision. On top of that, I’m getting hammered by the US exchange right now…..

• Cheers 1

You're right. 

It's clear that even if the NHL comes back, they won't allow fans this year so they should be refunding us ASAP. 

I was a full season ticket holder this year but I won't be coming back. I don't blame the Canucks/NHL, but it's clear that the paranoia will cripple live events and I believe that many lower level leagues will be finished and even some NHL teams will be gone. 

Some may have financial strain now, but if we ever get to a point where they can allow fans back into the stadium, most likely most people will be back to their jobs and could technically afford their tickets like they could before should they choose to do so.

Now the fear of going to these events may be real, but we are a hockey mad market here and I suspect if we are a hot team that the fans will come back in droves. Just my feeling, but who knows?

It's certainly interesting what the aftermath will be, but I think things will go back to normal once things are under control whenever that may be.

Im on the fence on cancelling my some of my tickets too if its possible. Got 4 tickets and might go down to 2.

Not sure how refund will work on tickets. Like if u transfer buyers the tickets (sold on stubhub) or sold on ticketexchange..

11 hours ago, Curt said:

Well… maybe I’m overreacting but I pretty much lost all of my interest in being a Canucks season ticket holder. I believe that the deadline for not renewing for the 2020-2021 season was March 16 (If you were on the auto-renew plan like me). I did nothing at the time, and I am now over a month late. The Canucks suspended our monthly installments, so we paid nothing yet for 2020-2021. They still owe us 6 games though. I am afraid that no games will be played for a very long time (at least with people in the stands). There is no way that games will be sold out when action resumes and that means a lot of empty seats meaning very low resale value for us. People won’t have money for tickets and will be scared to be jammed with 18,500 people. Will we have an opportunity to get out without penalties? The Canucks can always use the +/- 15% credit that they owe us for 2019-2020 as leverage to keep us hostages for one more season.

I am hoping for a price reduction but I don’t know if it’s realistic. Customers will be very cautious before buying tickets from Stubhub or Ticketmaster, afraid of potential postponed/cancelled games. They will also be thinking about these companies holding their funds forever before issuing refunds. What a mess. I don’t even know if keeping my Seahawks seasons was a wise decision. On top of that, I’m getting hammered by the US exchange right now…..

I don't think you are overreacting at all. This is a total disaster and is handled very poorly by the Canucks. Zero real legitimate communication or honest emails. The NHL looks like a lost puppy just waiting to see what the NBA does.

There is 0% chance of this season resuming and probably only a 20% chance of next season starting on time, if that. And like you said when it does resume who the hell is going to pay big money to sit with 18,500 other people crammed side by side? No one. It is going to take years before people let their guard down.

I already said I am done, won't be renewing. I was going to keep maybe 1 ticket just to keep my place as a STH, but now I don't want to. I used to be proud to tell people I was a Canucks STH, now I feel like an idiot telling anyone that as it just makes them feel sorry for me.

• Cheers 1

On 4/23/2020 at 12:37 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

I don't think you are overreacting at all. This is a total disaster and is handled very poorly by the Canucks. Zero real legitimate communication or honest emails. The NHL looks like a lost puppy just waiting to see what the NBA does.

There is 0% chance of this season resuming and probably only a 20% chance of next season starting on time, if that. And like you said when it does resume who the hell is going to pay big money to sit with 18,500 other people crammed side by side? No one. It is going to take years before people let their guard down.

I already said I am done, won't be renewing. I was going to keep maybe 1 ticket just to keep my place as a STH, but now I don't want to. I used to be proud to tell people I was a Canucks STH, now I feel like an idiot telling anyone that as it just makes them feel sorry for me.

i put a payment for my first round playoff tickets on march 12 , then everything went downhill from there, on april 3 i requested a refund of those playoff tickets , to it would take 10 business day , its been past 10 business days now , then i emailed my rep the other day again he saying the fiancé team is backed up with refunds , ill be patient and give it a few more days if not ill cancel my tickets also, 

7 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

i put a payment for my first round playoff tickets on march 12 , then everything went downhill from there, on april 3 i requested a refund of those playoff tickets , to it would take 10 business day , its been past 10 business days now , then i emailed my rep the other day again he saying the fiancé team is backed up with refunds , ill be patient and give it a few more days if not ill cancel my tickets also, 

Why did you pay the first round of playoffs ahead of time? No judgement, I just don't understand why anyone would do that.

9 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

You shouldn't have even had to ask for a refund... they should have just refunded it automatically.

4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Has anyone asked about gift card balances that are set to expire June 30? I know it's not a priority but just wondering...

Gift card balances are a pet peeve of mine. The way they are appropriated and how they ( Orca Bay ) try hard to wipe them out. But …. funny enough last season without realizing it (both cars are shades of blue ) I continued to use my old card for food. So really I just kept on handing it in and they just kept accepting it. Gift card cost very little to the organization in real financial terms and yet are a good way to reward season ticket holders for extremely low out lay. The mark up on the food/beer is horrendous. For instance my wife and I have an ice cream each game and they cost $6.50 each for a cone ….. $6.50 !!!! You can buy a gallon of ice cream for less. Why they want to make an issue of these thing is a mystery to me, they're generating a lot of bad feeling  when they dick folks around 

On 4/23/2020 at 12:37 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

Get ready for PPV games.

It'll be interesting to see what unfolds. I predict first game back that allows fans will be sold out. This because of the hype around the return, potential incentives to get fans back and maybe even a dip in prices. I get people will be afraid of the situation, but there won't be games at this time. The next time we see games with fans in attendance will be when things are eased off and thus allowing the restriction on these events to be lifted. Just like as soon as restrictions are lifted, we will likely see droves of people hit the malls, beaches, etc.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

It'll be interesting to see what unfolds. I predict first game back that allows fans will be sold out. This because of the hype around the return, potential incentives to get fans back and maybe even a dip in prices. I get people will be afraid of the situation, but there won't be games at this time. The next time we see games with fans in attendance will be when things are eased off and thus allowing the restriction on these events to be lifted. Just like as soon as restrictions are lifted, we will likely see droves of people hit the malls, beaches, etc.

I tend to think that the NHL will depend more on the walk up fans. There's likely a lot of fans that don't have the multi thousands of dollars to buy  season tickets. Behind due rent, looking for a new job, trying to recover savings accounts, there's a lot of catching up for many, and hockey tickets won't be a priority. Companies that have gone out of business and held season tickets. T'ings are gonna be tough for the next couple of years in the business community

38 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I tend to think that the NHL will depend more on the walk up fans. There's likely a lot of fans that don't have the multi thousands of dollars to buy  season tickets. Behind due rent, looking for a new job, trying to recover savings accounts, there's a lot of catching up for many, and hockey tickets won't be a priority. Companies that have gone out of business and held season tickets. T'ings are gonna be tough for the next couple of years in the business community

It'll certainly depend on the price point for the walk ups. I think this is enough of a die hard hockey fanbase that we won't see empty buildings. There will be precautions, with sanitizing stations and maybe mandatory masks to start. Of course also depending if/when a vaccine comes out.

I just think that if we get to a point where they would even allow fans to a game that drastic improvements will have been made. Businesses will be back running well before this. The people buying tickets aren't generally the paycheque to paycheque types to start with. While tickets won't be a priority, I think if the Canucks come out with an exciting product, people will find their way back. I'm not sure if we would sell out on a nightly basis, but I was saying I expect opening night likely to sell out and that hypes up for the rest of the season if so.

We need to keep in mind that this isn't just about Vcr but all the NHL cities. If we recall the county authorities in San Jose demanded a shut down of the Sharks way before the league closed. To tell you thr truth I see the crowding and large groupings in  Florida and California and wonder if these folks are drinking too much Lysol  :lol:

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I agree, sports won’t be the same for a long time... going to mall and beaches are diff than going to games..  games u are surrounded by strangers u don’t know, no where to hide.  Until there is vaccine, which is 9-14 months away, ppl will be avoiding crowded places.. 

corporate are big money makers for sports..  most teams can survive without regular joes if they have good corporate support..   I read something like corporate counts for over 70% of the revenue.   

Looks like NBA teams are offering refunds to STH's. It would be nice to get an e-mail like this from the Canucks.

-------------

First and foremost, we hope this note finds you safe and well. These are historic, unprecedented times we’re going through together and there is no blueprint for how to navigate the journey involved. Our focus, though, continues to be on maintaining a strong level of communication, flexibility and sensitivity related to your Cavs tickets as you manage your own circumstances during this challenging time.

While no further decisions have been made yet regarding the suspension of the current 2019-20 season and the remaining games to be played, we want to make sure you are aware that you have options related to the tickets you have purchased. Those options are:

• You can simply keep the specific game tickets “active” on your account and use them in the future, once those corresponding game details become available. If you select this option, you need to do nothing further at this time.
• You can apply the amount currently on your account, plus a 10% credit, towards any future games in the 2020-21 season. That means you will receive 110% of the amount currently on your account to use and you will receive priority access to select seats for those games. If you select this option, you can do that by contacting us at cavstix@cavs.com.
• You can receive a refund for the tickets currently on your account. If you select this option, please contact us as soon as possible at cavstix@cavs.com to receive your refund.
Edited by DonaldBrashear