The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

1 hour ago, jovocop55 said:

I wonder if they allow u to cancel season tickets even though u sign up for auto renew

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Same question here....

Everything I have seen so far has given me the indication that at this point no one is "locked in" to any type of renewal.

Did you guys get the same email offering you a full refund?

9 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Everything I have seen so far has given me the indication that at this point no one is "locked in" to any type of renewal.

Did you guys get the same email offering you a full refund?

I never paid anything for 2020-2021 but I also didn't opt out.

I asked for a refund. If I can, I will also withdraw as a season ticket holder. I lost enough money because of Covid-19. I don't want to take any more risk. I don't believe that there will be a 2020-2021 NHL season with people in attendance. I just don't want to freeze my money for 17 months and wait after the Canucks to get a refund. If the league collapses, well good luck to our money. I kept my seasons with Buffalo and Seattle in the NFL. I trust the league to be stronger and they already said that we would get a refund if the stadiums are empty. I even have in writing from my account representative in Buffalo that they would refund me in a scenario in which the stadiums would be opened but the border closed. 

I emailed the Canucks inquiring about our current gift card balance.  Awaiting a response.

I still got over $200 on mine.

EDIT: They got back to me and told me it can roll over to 2020-2021 season, although it might only be available for the first month of next season. Exact date of expiry is still TBD.  I guess we can still use it up at the SportsBar, when they open up again.

Edited by bt116
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bt116 said:

I emailed the Canucks inquiring about our current gift card balance.  Awaiting a response.

I still got over $200 on mine.

EDIT: They got back to me and told me it can roll over to 2020-2021 season, although it might only be available for the first month of next season. Exact date of expiry is still TBD.  I guess we can still use it up at the SportsBar, when they open up again.

so i should keep my card?

The 4-6 weeks wait-time for a refund is a bit cheeky, but I won't complain too much. I guess they are not going to start processing the refunds until June.

I wonder what this means for the sales on stubhub? I haven't heard from stubhub yet. I wonder if in their eyes the NHL season isn't officially canceled yet. But since the Canucks are refunding/crediting ticket holders then I would imagine other places should do it too.

I had an idea the other day... if the Canucks are truly going to play in empty arenas, then this is the perfect time for them to implement 4k video via a paid subscription service. I would happily pay $20 a month just to watch all NHL games in 4k. In my opinion all games should be in 4k, it's time. Would be a good way for them to make some money back too. I also wonder if they could mount virtual reality sets to seats and let people watch games live in VR from prime seating areas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 9:11 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

The 4-6 weeks wait-time for a refund is a bit cheeky, but I won't complain too much. I guess they are not going to start processing the refunds until June.

I wonder what this means for the sales on stubhub? I haven't heard from stubhub yet. I wonder if in their eyes the NHL season isn't officially canceled yet. But since the Canucks are refunding/crediting ticket holders then I would imagine other places should do it too.

I had an idea the other day... if the Canucks are truly going to play in empty arenas, then this is the perfect time for them to implement 4k video via a paid subscription service. I would happily pay $20 a month just to watch all NHL games in 4k. In my opinion all games should be in 4k, it's time. Would be a good way for them to make some money back too. I also wonder if they could mount virtual reality sets to seats and let people watch games live in VR from prime seating areas.

I got an email from StubHub saying that a previous transaction was cancelled. My tickets had transferred to the buyer but the payment hadn't transferred to me. I'm hoping that the Canucks factor this into my refund. This might actually be the reason for the delay in refunding STM. Had to wait for StubHub to rule on purchases before they could determine what they owed individual STMs.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I got an email from StubHub saying that a previous transaction was cancelled. My tickets had transferred to the buyer but the payment hadn't transferred to me. I'm hoping that the Canucks factor this into my refund. This might actually be the reason for the delay in refunding STM. Had to wait for StubHub to rule on purchases before they could determine what they owed individual STMs.

The Canucks are going to refund all tickets to STM's, even transfered ones.  It is then your responsibility to refund stubhub and then stubhub will refund (aka give the buyer a "coupon") ... how nice of them. Imagine if stubhub goes bankrupt with all these 120% coupons owing, how bad that would be and how angry people would be.