Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Henri Richard passes away

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Man is a legend. Sad day.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, his name is engraved the most on the cup as a player?

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The “Pocket Rocket”.  Played the right way. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Man is a legend. Sad day.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, his name is engraved the most on the cup as a player?

 

Yes, 11 Cups.  One of the all time legends of the game.

 

He personally almost tripled the Islanders dynasty by himself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

RIP Mr. Richard, RIP.

 

Great legacy.

 

 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rip Henri, wow what parents, imagine those 2 running around the house as toddlers.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Man is a legend. Sad day.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, his name is engraved the most on the cup as a player?

 

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

 

Yes, 11 Cups.  One of the all time legends of the game.

 

He personally almost tripled the Islanders dynasty by himself.

This is all very true but you will not see his name on the Stanley Cup 11 times as it exists today. Every 13 years a band is removed from the Cup and the years listed below have now been removed.

The 2017-18 Washington Capitals are to become the first team engraved on a fresh bottom band. The top band, featuring champions from the 1953-54 Detroit Red Wings to the 1964-65 Montreal Canadiens, will come off the Cup to make room.

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Class guy, 11 Stanley Cup rings,a habs legend, and loved to watch him play.

 

RIP HENRI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see such a legend go. 11 Cups is dang impressive. The timing worked out perfectly for his career to be part of the entire late 50s Canadiens dynasty, the entire 60s dynasty, and the two cups in the early 70s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truly one of the all time greats both on and off the ice. His 11 Stanley Cup rings record will never be broken.....

 

Sincere condolences to family and friends. RIP Mr. Richard.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Class guy, 11 Stanley Cup rings,a habs legend, and loved to watch him play.

 

RIP HENRI.

One ring for every finger and one extra for.... :bigblush:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Humble brag. My great grandma babysat Henri and Maurice as kids back in laval. Also got a 4th cousin in Gump Worsley, haha.

RIP to a legend.

Edited by Yung1
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

Humble brag. My great grandma babysat Henri and Maurice as kids back in laval. Also got a 4th cousin in Gump Worsley, haha.

RIP to a legend.

 
Oh yeah? Well I used to hang with Gump Jr. (Lorne) Although if you knew him not much of a brag lol
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nucklehead said:
 
Oh yeah? Well I used to hang with Gump Jr. (Lorne) Although if you knew him not much of a brag lol

hey man watch it, that's my family you're talking bout!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP pocket rocket.  

One of my first autographs.  Habs legends vs flying fathers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's wild to think that he almost won as many cups as the Leafs ever have.

 

He won four more cups after their most recent cup win. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Truly one of the all time greats both on and off the ice. His 11 Stanley Cup rings record will never be broken.....

 

Sincere condolences to family and friends. RIP Mr. Richard.

likely true

 

but could be tied

petey and hughes

an 11 year consecutive run of cup rings

starting next season

 

it can be done

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.