The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Probably.

Players would bring a good physical presence consistently are called energy guys/spark plugs for a reason and having someone who plays that way inspires you to up your game.

All you gotta do is look at a guy like Motte and see what he does for the 4th line.

IMO we need more of it on top of Zac. Could inspire a guy like Virtanen to up his game physically.

Hell yeah, his name is podkolzin 

• Cheers 1

Just now, spook007 said:

True... 

Roussel played like that last year. Hopefully he'll continue getting back up to the same level shown consistently last season. The last couple of games are a start.

Roussel brought a more physical presence and a bit of secondary scoring last year.

He has been a disappointment this year. Not as physical and hasn't been scoring as much despite playing on a good secondary scoring line with Gaud/Virtanen a lot.

He's on the list of guys I would move to clear cap but he's far from the top. Eriksson/Sutter/Baer/Benn then probably him.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Like when my Expos were the best team and looking to win the World Series, and then the league shut down?  :(

If the virus effects the playoffs in any of the Major leagues I would beat the Unions and owners just say cancel it all

what would be the point of flying from city to city, incurring cost and not making any money the owners wont have it. The players wont risk their health going to air ports

Just now, bad alice french said:

Not defensively. 
Holds his own against opposing top lines every night. Bo’s line is a shut down line. You have to be a solid 200 ft player to stick on that line and Louie fits the bill until someone better vibes along and that player ain’t in Utica my friend. 

Toffoli next year or if Boeser comes back.

Looking at the second PP unit tonight reminded me how awesome it would be to have Boeser and Toffoli 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bad alice french said:

Not defensively. 
Holds his own against opposing top lines every night. Bo’s line is a shut down line. You have to be a solid 200 ft player to stick on that line and Louie fits the bill until someone better vibes along and that player ain’t in Utica my friend. 

And why does Bo have to centre a shutdown line when we have Sutter and Beagle? I’m really happy we won, but Loui should be playing on a shutdown line with Sutter or Beagle or both.  No should be used in a more offensive role, and with Jake.  

• Cheers 1

Pretty random observation here but I’m tired of seeing Rooster on the 2nd PP. 

Looks to me like Travis pulled him aside and told him to simplify his game. Just get to the dirty areas and crash bodies and the points will come. 
He doesn’t have the skill set to play that high wall spot on the PP though. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Bo has either been really good this year or not very noticeable. He needs to have more consistency in his game. When he’s on he’s really on.

Bo deserves a better winger than Loui. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1