The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, bad alice french said:

Pretty random observation here but I’m tired of seeing Rooster on the 2nd PP. 

Looks to me like Travis pulled him aside and told him to simplify his game. Just get to the dirty areas and crash bodies and the points will come. 
He doesn’t have the skill set to play that high wall spot on the PP though. 

He’s a fourth liner. Only on the Canucks do players like him get pp minutes without really earning them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Loved the game tonight. Big time win by our team and nice to see us get rewarded." - Green

"This is a guy that's just playing to win. It's nice to see. Zack's a little bit of a throwback. I like that about him. He's an old school player that wants to earn it... Appreciates the value of earning your stripes and he's had to do that. I got a soft spot for guys that are old school like that." - Green on MacEwen

Play him more dummy. 

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Antoine Roussel

Big praise by Antoine for Zack. Kinda funny cause the way he’s describing Zack is the way he used to play   

• Like 2

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

Roussel plays with more courage  when Big Mac has his back. 

He’s a pest , he needs backup to be his best. 

That line had chemistry. Gaudette was even good in the face off circle.

Excellent point about the effect Big Mac has on guys he plays with.  Hopefully Green keeps Big Mac in the lineup.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And why does Bo have to centre a shutdown line when we have Sutter and Beagle? I’m really happy we won, but Loui should be playing on a shutdown line with Sutter or Beagle or both.  No should be used in a more offensive role, and with Jake.  

McKinnon would eat Sutter for breakfast.  

Edited by bad alice french
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Hell yeah, his name is podkolzin 

Oh yeah. Most complete top prospect we've had since Bo. Another year away though which I don't have a problem with

I would add more though. Too many guys who are one demensional in our bottom 6. Sutter/Eriksson/Roussel. Motte and Beagle should be the main stays defensively and we have to start to give checking opportunities to Virtanen/Gaudette.

I love bottom 6 players who hit/score(hopefully Virtanen/Mac) defensive/hit(Motte) defensive/score(hopefully Gaud). Beagle is pretty good defensively and on the draw so I am good with him, especially since he knows what it takes to win(WSH cup and tons of playoff games).

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

Not defensively. 
Holds his own against opposing top lines every night. Bo’s line is a shut down line. You have to be a solid 200 ft player to stick on that line and Louie fits the bill until someone better vibes along and that player ain’t in Utica my friend. 

I honestly can't think of any reason to dump on Louie tonight.  He held his own.  I think he can still stall offence on that line most nights. I know their job is mainly to shut down, but it would be nice if Bo had a more offence force to play with. But he did a good job tonight.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Not defensively. 
Holds his own against opposing top lines every night. Bo’s line is a shut down line. You have to be a solid 200 ft player to stick on that line and Louie fits the bill until someone better comes  along and that player ain’t in Utica my friend. 

I don't get why anyone would be complaining about LEs play.......go ahead and whine about his contract, but he's been a solid player for them down the stretch, he deserves some credit.

When Beagle is back, Sutter goes back to the wing and Mac likely goes back to his team in time for the hard push for the playoffs in Utica.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He hasn’t had one yet. He’s been in the league how long ?That’s on Benning.

True, but then again how long did it take for the Twins to have Burr on their wing?

Just now, kilgore said:

I honestly can't think of any reason to dump on Louie tonight.  He held his own.  I think he can still stall offence on that line most nights. I know their job is mainly to shut down, but it would be nice if Bo had a more offence force to play with. But he did a good job tonight.

MacEwen would look better on that line. He offers more offensively.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Roussel plays with more courage  when Big Mac has his back. 

He’s a pest , he needs backup to be his best. 

That line had chemistry. Gaudette was even good in the face off circle.

Yeah they were really effective tonight. 
If they can get some consistency going and play like that every game they could be really important for this team. Agreed great chemistry with those guys tonight!

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Oh yeah. Most complete top prospect we've had since Bo. Another year away though which I don't have a problem with

I would add more though. Too many guys who are one demensional in our bottom 6. Sutter/Eriksson/Roussel. Motte and Beagle should be the main stays defensively and we have to start to give checking opportunities to Virtanen/Gaudette.

I love bottom 6 players who hit/score(hopefully Virtanen/Mac) defensive/hit(Motte) defensive/score(hopefully Gaud). Beagle is pretty good defensively and on the draw so I am good with him, especially since he knows what it takes to win(WSH cup and tons of playoff games).

I agree with that, I’m wondering what JB has up his sleeve this offseason and whether or not he’ll pick someone up. Ferland was at one point the answer to that but now he is a big question mark. But if he makes a full recover in the offseason he could bring that big physical edge they’re partly missing still