The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

47 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Great to get a win but that might have been one of Petterssons worst games as a Canuck. I really hope he gets it together. He might just be mentally tired.

He tries too hard, is a perfectionist and is very hard on himself.....so yes, he is mentally fatigued.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Roussel brought a more physical presence and a bit of secondary scoring last year.

He has been a disappointment this year. Not as physical and hasn't been scoring as much despite playing on a good secondary scoring line with Gaud/Virtanen a lot.

He's on the list of guys I would move to clear cap but he's far from the top. Eriksson/Sutter/Baer/Benn then probably him.

Agree... 100%

Just now, bad alice french said:

I’ll tell you I am a pretty big Sutter fan but after watching MacEwen play like he did tonight it’s gonna be really tough to let Sutter take that spot in the bottom 6. 
That Gaudette line was 3rd line energy to perfection. 

Sutter, Beagle, Loui

that should be our fourth line.  

Just now, bad alice french said:

I’ll tell you I am a pretty big Sutter fan but after watching MacEwen play like he did tonight it’s gonna be really tough to let Sutter take that spot in the bottom 6. 

He's played well and he'll be in Van, full time, in October.  This year, he's a Comet and that's the likely spot he finishes the season, hopefully helping lead a long playoff run........if the Canucks get and stay healthy.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I agree with that, I’m wondering what JB has up his sleeve this offseason and whether or not he’ll pick someone up. Ferland was at one point the answer to that but now he is a big question mark. But if he makes a full recover in the offseason he could bring that big physical edge they’re partly missing still

He hands his hands full. If he succeeds he could re-sign everyone and bring in a couple pieces that could really help us.

If Ferland comes back that's a guy who brings in a extremely good physical presence, protects our stars and provides some secondary scoring. If he doesn't that's 3.5M in cap but he's the type of player we need so I am hoping for him.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sutter, Beagle, Loui

that should be our fourth line.  

Jake is going to have to up his game to stick on the big line with Bo. I love what he brings but still not sure if he reads the game well enough yet to be relied on when a game or series is on the line. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I liked Sutter but he's a shell of his former self. Prior to his injuries he was a pretty good defender and provided secondary scoring but offense seems to die with him now and Beagle has been better than him defensively.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1