The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 06, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

LE or Sutter out!

Please be Sutter....he has one gear, and that is "coast"....boy needs some intensity and some in your face hockey...if not, he is better off in the pressbox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I thought it was Breezy? 

Brisebois was on the AHL roster on the 24th.  He was brought up later.

As per tweet above - Batchelor says MacEwen was papered down.  It's not on CapFriendly or the AHL page.  Maybe they just missed it. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, mll said:

Brisebois was on the AHL roster on the 24th.  He was brought up later.

As per tweet above - Batchelor says MacEwen was papered down.  It's not on CapFriendly or the AHL page.  Maybe they just missed it. 

probably, we've seen little misses like this before, it has to be hard to keep up with all of it around the league. Probably bang on with the Leafs info tho :lol:

10 hours ago, khay said:

Canucks played with urgency. That was the only difference between winning today and losing two nights ago.

They have to play like this every game until the end of the season and the playoffs if they get in.

A bit concerned with EP giveaways but he is a fast learner.

yeah...meaningful games mean playing a full 60 minutes....the four losses, they weren't even close to playing a full 60 minutes per game...they're still learning how to play with the lead....and taking the foot off the gas and setting back is no way to play with the lead.

gotta smell blood when playing with the lead in the 3rd period...this is when the intensity ramps up and in your face hockey becomes the means to the end...victory will be ours!!!

Zac lead the way in this game.

Edited by Pete M

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

probably, we've seen little misses like this before, it has to be hard to keep up with all of it around the league. Probably bang on with the Leafs info tho :lol:

Looks like it.  CapFriendly and the AHL have all 4 of their paper transactions.  

Good team effort

demko made some big saves he let in some he would want back too but overall looked good. 
Big Mac played the way the bottom six players should hard on the forecheck drive the net but still be responsible in the D zone. 
the D zone they team still got caught running around 
that’s one win or lose they could say they gave it there all. 

Sutter looks worse every game. 

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Thanks, yeah I know Benning said he papered someone down. Wasn't sure who it was if not Mac :lol:

I didn't hear the interview so wouldn't have known to look if you didn't mention it.  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

He's bang on to point out the inconsistency with the retaliation/instigator penalty. The league is all over the map as to when it's called. It's essentially another game management tool for Bettman's business agenda and it leaves players confused. He also points out the issue of team justice vs. officiating. It appears he feels that teams should be free to police dirty plays; well, Boston gets away with it, why not his team. We all know only some teams get to do it and others are penalized when they try. That cali swing with Sestito [sp?] comes to mind. Lastly, he gives the Nucks credit for a good game.

• Cheers 4

10 hours ago, oldnews said:

71 pts in 67 games for MIller.

59.6% faceoffs.

Team leading 113 hits.

Can't believe Bennig gave up a 1st for this cap dump.

JT is our boy for 3 more years!!....at $5.25M, what a steal!

He is leading the way!

Someone needs to put and "A" on his jersey.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Nathan MacKinnon:

this guy can control at will.  His power at speed is mindblowing.  True entertainment.  Imo he is the REAL “Mac”.

Not sure if anyone would agree with me but Nathan MacKinnon is reminding me of Marcel Dionne. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

JT is our boy for 3 more years!!....at $5.25M, what a steal!

He is leading the way!

Someone needs to put and "A" on his jersey.

He is leading for sure, plays like a captain imo. So an A is definitely warranted or the quite and soft Edler or Sutter

I know most will say Marky is the team MVP, as without him our record isn't as good. But JT Miller has made a HUGE impact on the team this year imo!

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

He is leading for sure, plays like a captain imo. So an A is definitely warranted or the quite and soft Edler or Sutter

I know most will say Marky is the team MVP, as without him our record isn't as good. But JT Miller has made a HUGE impact on the team this year imo!

Absolutely....I'd have no problems if he was named the team's MVP...

• Cheers 1

I love how Roussel has come alive with Zac as a partner. Gives me hope that his knee is close to being fully healed. 

Not looking forward to the CDC $&!# fit when Zac sits when Beagle comes back tho. 

Very happy for Demko, this should really boost his confidence. He'll clean up the sloppy goals allowed soon enough. Seems to happen to every goalie in their development, they can save the tough ones but the easy ones slip through.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Please be Sutter....he has one gear, and that is "coast"....boy needs some intensity and some in your face hockey...if not, he is better off in the pressbox.

he must still be hurt, or right on the edge of it. I think he's afraid to push his skating harder, poor guys groin is going to rip apart if he pushes harder. 

• Cheers 2