The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL closing dressing rooms to media to combat coronavirus

Rate this topic

Burke was talking about the possibility of having playoffs with no spectators!  Would be so weird.

He also suggested the increase in the salary cap isn't predetermined and could be affected by this virus if team revenue is down as a result of actions that lower attendance.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I wonder... could the entire rest of the season and playoffs be in jeopardy?

Heard the German league just cancelled their playoffs.  Air Canada just suspended air travel to Italy.  Is it Japan that closed schools, and put a stop to public gatherings over 2,000?  

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I wonder... could the entire rest of the season and playoffs be in jeopardy?

The German and Austrian hockey leagues cancelled the remainder of their seasons today. If it gets a LOT worse in the next month or so then I could definitely see them cancelling or delaying the playoffs. Watch the Canucks go on a heater and get one of the division spots and then have the playoffs cancelled. It would be the Canuckiest.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard the German league just cancelled their playoffs.  Air Canada just suspended air travel to Italy.  Is it Japan that closed schools, and put a stop to public gatherings over 2,000?  

Italy is closed.

The whole country. No one in, no one out.

Full quarantine.

Now 700+ cases in the USA. Algorithms were run according to the evolution of this increase in the face of no testing and absolute US local chaos, and it is estimated that around 200,000 could already be infected but are going about their business without symptoms 

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

The German and Austrian hockey leagues cancelled the remainder of their seasons today. If it gets a LOT worse in the next month or so then I could definitely see them cancelling or delaying the playoffs. Watch the Canucks go on a heater and get one of the division spots and then have the playoffs cancelled. It would be the Canuckiest.

Exactly my thoughts.

Ladies and gentlemen, our entire global way of life is about to be turned upside down.