The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Columbus March 8 (We were so excited about playing Columbus no one made a GDT thread edition)

Rate this topic

CaptKirk888

Boeser was getting jealous of the chemistry Toffoli has made with his linemates and decided it's time to wake up from hibernation. :emot-parrot:

Anyhoo, the Jackets can't score to save their lives as shown last night. They skated circles over the Oil so they will be very tired  tonight. Score a couple on them and i think they will fold... 

Must win this game to move up and maintain our games at hand.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's getting hard to figure out "who" to cheer for against these days...so close....

I say let VGK run with it. Give CGY the loss and let us take the 3rd spot in the division. I think taking the division is pretty much out of our hands by now 

• Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Golden Knights and The Flames play today. I guess i want GLd Kghts to win in regulation time. 

Gotta beat the flamers in the standings. 

More important game for us is Wild at Ducks. We would love ANA beat MIN so the Wild stay behind us.

VAN

NSH

WPG

MIN

Two of those 4 teams will make playoffs and all 3 teams chasing us are playing very good hockey right now.

Edited by WHL rocks
typo
  • Cheers 3

Just now, John.Tallhouse said:

I say let VGK run with it. Give CGY the loss and let us take the 3rd spot in the division. I think taking the division is pretty much out of our hands by now 

3rd in the division might be the only way in now

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Boeser will be awhile yet if he had a rib injury, he hasn't been working out very hard.

The team cannot have him come back too soon either, there are not enough players they could waive to the minors to make cap space without losing some.

CapFriendly shows the Canucks with about 6M in LTIR cap space - basically the amount needed to activate Boeser.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, mll said:

CapFriendly shows the Canucks with about 6M in LTIR cap space - basically the amount needed to activate Boeser.  

I think playoffs there is no Cap limit for some reason. I could be wrong tho. Not sure if it would change Canuck line. Maybe space for Tryamkin cap room.

be great with BB6 back it might push Loui out of line up or at less outa the top 6.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

More important game for us is Wild at Ducks. We would love ANA beat MIN so the Wild stay behind us.

VAN

NSH

WPG

MIN

Two of those 4 teams will make playoffs and all 3 teams chasing us are playing very good hockey right now.

I still have my sights set on second in the division, I want home ice!

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

I think playoffs there is no Cap limit for some reason. I could be wrong tho. Not sure if it would change Canuck line. Maybe space for Tryamkin cap room.

be great with BB6 back it might push Loui out of line up or at less outa the top 6.

No cap for the playoffs.  There's no salary paid past the regular season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Canuck's dmen fumble the puck in their own end a lot by trying to make too many passes...they need to simplify and make the quick up to the forward rather than playing catch with each other. The fumbles lead to turn overs and chances against....same on the PP with the 5 man unit, way too many passes where they fumble it and don't get a shot. They need to simplify and get the shot on net with a screen, tip and crashing the net by out manning the opponent in front. On the PP, there is a lot of peripheral passing with players standing around....having the players move and pressure the front of the net by crashing will create a lot of chances...plus the players are moving in and out of the slot which creates a lot of pressure on the PK.

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

20 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

There isn't a cap in the playoffs.

Nor is there a roster limit either. 

My game day thoughts...

Am I the only one that really wants to see Pearson, Bo, Toffoli on a line?

try out Mac with Miller and Petey, or Virtannen or hell even little things. We know he is going to get top 6 minutes regardless. Ranting aside, tonight is a winnable game if the boys (starting with Demko and moving forward) play 3 full periods. CBJ is a big young team. They will make mistakes and they will give you an opportunity to win, but as we have seen if the Nucks have a lapse or forget to skate for 15 min we will lose. No soft goals and no “off periods” and we take this one, take your foot off the gas and it’s over. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Demmer hasn't exactly been the goalie that he was while playing less games as a back up.

But this has been a pretty good opportunity for him to learn on the job and elevate his game. 

I think he's looked more comfortable last game. 

I expect another step tonight and hopefully it's enough to get us another good result. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Demmer hasn't exactly been the goalie that he was while playing less games as a back up.

But this has been a pretty good opportunity for him to learn on the job and elevate his game. 

I think he's looked more comfortable last game. 

I expect another step tonight and hopefully it's enough to get us another good result. 

Just needs to work on his rebound control a bit. He’s giving up some pretty juicy ones at times.

Other than that his battle level and his athleticism is very high. More of the minor details that I’m sure he’s working on with Clarke. You can only really work those kinks out by playing though.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

My game day thoughts...

Am I the only one that really wants to see Pearson, Bo, Toffoli on a line?

try out Mac with Miller and Petey, or Virtannen or hell even little things. We know he is going to get top 6 minutes regardless. Ranting aside, tonight is a winnable game if the boys (starting with Demko and moving forward) play 3 full periods. CBJ is a big young team. They will make mistakes and they will give you an opportunity to win, but as we have seen if the Nucks have a lapse or forget to skate for 15 min we will lose. No soft goals and no “off periods” and we take this one, take your foot off the gas and it’s over. 

Its funny, with all the line juggling TG does there is just some guys he just won't put together. We wanted to see Boes and Bo together again before his injury. I thought Jake with Miller and Petey showed promise. I would certainly like to see if there is still chemistry with Pearson and Toffoli. 

I am really liking the chemistry with Rouss,Gaud and Mac right now. That's the best I have seen from that line all year. 

I agree Lui did play well with Bo for awhile and ,maybe it works for some teams, but I think he needs to see who else can play with Bo. 

Come on TG, let these boys have some fun and see if there is some missing chemistry we may be overlooking. GCG! :canucks:

• Cheers 1