The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Columbus March 8 (We were so excited about playing Columbus no one made a GDT thread edition)

Rate this topic

CaptKirk888

Hoping for a big night from Pettersson, 7 points behind Miller for the team lead. Competitive kid. Maybe the losing streak was a wake up call? They looked good last game against COL. Canucks lost to the BJs a week ago, so I'm thinking they'll want payback. Demko played very well last game, but the Canucks still need to defend better. They give up too many good scoring chances, Demko can't save them all. Will be a very good night of hockey if CGY loses and VAN wins.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Internet for free, if you don’t mind the play by play in Russian.  :frantic:

Are you joking when you comment on foriegn language broadcasts from the internet?

I have been online NHL for about 10 to 12 years and have had a choice between home or away broadcast teams...

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I actually don't. Starting away takes the pressure off.

playing at home means the last change

which has translated into a huge difference this year - home vs road record.

when you have a young developing core - home ice is arguably more important.

the ability to shelter Gaudette, in particular, is considerably enhanced with the last change.

I'd take that advantage over the perceived intangible of 'less pressure'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Who is calling the play by play for Flames vs Knights?

Hextall, Campbell-Pasquale, Simpson.  They're not perfect, but they aren't openly cheering for Calgary, which is far better than the scumbags Sportsnet usually trots out.  I'll take this crew over Dave Randork any day.

5 hours ago, Bo fan said:

No points left to squander

Repeat of Thursday would be nice

GCG

I think it’s a good thing. This whole year they have played better when it mattered... Which is to stay in the play off race. They are a young team. I think it takes time to learn a steady consistent game. But they really kick it up a gear when the pressure is on. They have stayed in the play off race all year. A lot of people laughed scoffed at the idea of this being a playoff team. Yet here we are! 

Repeat of Thursday indeed! Would love some more of that. 

Also side note for the game...does everyone here agree MacEwan looks so much like captain morgan?...we’ve needed some swashbuckle in our team since Bieksa left...just sayin! Kids from PEI to boot. Probably was born on a boat lol.

Goooooo nucks!

:towel:

19 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hoping we get a female anthem singer so Calgary's inbred redneck isn't allowed to desecrate our anthem again.

Of course it will be a female singer, the whole world has to celebrate Female day today

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

Of course it will be a female singer, the whole world has to celebrate Female day today

Less worried about our game, since our anthem singer doesn't disgrace the country by butchering Oh Canada.  Was a pleasant change to see Calgary treat our anthem with some respect though.