The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gas Price Gouging in BC!!!!

Lazurus

59 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but is there anything right? B)

But is b.c any better? Sure nicer weather but rent is probably cheaper like a lot of other things in drayton Ha  

i love b.cs beautiful but it's cheaper to visit......

1 hour ago, Violator said:

119.9 in langley:(

Not worth it to be in drayton valley

But just think cheaper gas means you can afford one of those electric cars.......:bigblush:

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes, their opinions on Trudeau.

BC’ers love to pay 55% more for their gas than Albertans because it makes them feel more environmentally holy. I just drive across the border and buy it at AB price. I feel great.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

BC’ers love to pay 55% more for their gas than Albertans because it makes them feel more environmentally holy. I just drive across the border and buy it at AB price. I feel great.

I wish, it’s about a 6hr drive to Alberta for me lol

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I wish, it’s about a 6hr drive to Alberta for me lol

Sorry not driving to AB for gas - 3 hours away. I drive 10 minutes to Idaho. When last at home 126.9 in Idaho it was 79.9 CDN $. Probably changed now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Boudrias said:

nah, those people don't drive. 

15 hours ago, Boudrias said:

You know anyone that loves the exorbitant gas prices here ? Besides the government.... <_<

• Cheers 1

On 3/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, Ryan Strome said:

No, it's to show what he said isn't accurate. 

Use gas buddy, they have 100 times more people entering data than one guy driving home.

Today's best gas prices per liter in Toronto are .75, Quebec .93, Winnipeg .74, Regina .75, Edmonton .69, Calgary .71 and in Washington state 1.99 a gallon US, that is .52 a liter or .71 cdn. Vancouver is 1.13.

It is now economical to take a 10,000 liter tanker to Alberta and fill up at the pump and come back to Vancouver and resell it for a dollar a liter and make over well over 10 grand in profit. That is only a 3000 gallons tanker, relatively small almost a 5 ton truck.

Ditto going to the states, except now there is the voluntary isolation.

3 hours ago, Lazurus said:

Use gas buddy, they have 100 times more people entering data than one guy driving home.

Today's best gas prices per liter in Toronto are .75, Quebec .93, Winnipeg .74, Regina .75, Edmonton .69, Calgary .71 and in Washington state 1.99 a gallon US, that is .52 a liter or .71 cdn. Vancouver is 1.13.

Those are Costco prices. Which means they're always cheaper. Listen your government in British Columbia is about the worst possible government you could have and the opposition is just as bad but unless you understand what actually goes in to fuel prices you are wasting your time with this thread. For example have you even considered the trucking cost?

8 hours ago, Lazurus said:

It is now economical to take a 10,000 liter tanker to Alberta and fill up at the pump and come back to Vancouver and resell it for a dollar a liter and make over well over 10 grand in profit. That is only a 3000 gallons tanker, relatively small almost a 5 ton truck.

Ditto going to the states, except now there is the voluntary isolation.

You had better rework your numbers. $1 per litre x 10,000 litres = $10,000 in gross sales. Every thing seems to be profit in your calculation? You can get about 13,000 litres on a single axle truck. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Those are Costco prices. Which means they're always cheaper. Listen your government in British Columbia is about the worst possible government you could have and the opposition is just as bad but unless you understand what actually goes in to fuel prices you are wasting your time with this thread. For example have you even considered the trucking cost?

I know a little about trucking, been at it for 30 years. 24 hour rounder, that would be taking your time and legal in a very well baffled tanker filled to the top.

11 hours ago, Boudrias said:

You had better rework your numbers. $1 per litre x 10,000 litres = $10,000 in gross sales. Every thing seems to be profit in your calculation? You can get about 13,000 litres on a single axle truck. 

Cost in fuel to go to Edmonton and back, 780 liters.at .75 = $585 - Flying J Sherwood park.

Correction 13000 liters purchased at .69 equals $8970.00

8970 + 585 = $9555.    $13000 - $9555 = $3445 profit

Your calculator come up with something different?

And this isn't purchasing it with a bulk discount either.

And what difference if is Costco or wherever you are agreeing about the prices.

Prices are coming down a bit, not enough to be fair compared to other jurisdictions. I don't know if any of you phoned your MLA or MP I have tried  to get radio station 113* to mention it on the news but the producer said they are not interested because they get more listeners talking about Covid 19 or by following the current lead story of some other stations. C*WX doesn't report any news other what other stations are talking about,

$1.11 today, BETTER BUT STILL .30 cents a liter too much, supposedly the Utilities Commission report was that there should be around a 10 cents or percent  a liter difference between Alberta and BC in gas price.

28 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

I know a little about trucking, been at it for 30 years. 24 hour rounder, that would be taking your time and legal in a very well baffled tanker filled to the top.

Cost in fuel to go to Edmonton and back, 780 liters.at .75 = $585 - Flying J Sherwood park.

Correction 13000 liters purchased at .69 equals $8970.00

8970 + 585 = $9555.    $13000 - $9555 = $3445 profit

Your calculator come up with something different?

And this isn't purchasing it with a bulk discount either.

And what difference if is Costco or wherever you are agreeing about the prices.

Prices are coming down a bit, not enough to be fair compared to other jurisdictions. I don't know if any of you phoned your MLA or MP I have tried  to get radio station 113* to mention it on the news but the producer said they are not interested because they get more listeners talking about Covid 19 or by following the current lead story of some other stations. C*WX doesn't report any news other what other stations are talking about,

$1.11 today, BETTER BUT STILL .30 cents a liter too much, supposedly the Utilities Commission report was that there should be around a 10 cents or percent  a liter difference between Alberta and BC in gas price.

You didn't respond to anything I said you just pointed out that you drive truck. That's great I have a couple trucks that haul oil so I also know a bit about Trucking however I don't know about companies having to pay Trucking costs. The point I'm trying to make to you is the cost of fuel will always be more on the island because they are paying Trucking costs. Now if there really is price gouging in British Columbia like you say then wouldn't there be more of an uproar then some guy on CDC? I mean seriously. You guys have taxes that are readily available to you to find out now take that and add that on to the price of fuel before any other taxes. You can't compare it to Alberta where we don't have taxes on our fuel other than a federal carbon tax imposed on us that I think is about 5 cents a litre somewhere around there. Just take all the federal and provincial taxes off the price of fuel and see where you're at then if there is an excess of money that would be the price gouging however I really don't think that's the case. If it is then maybe it's time you guys in British Columbia stop electing such useless parties the BC liberals and the NDP are absolute garbage.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You didn't respond to anything I said you just pointed out that you drive truck. That's great I have a couple trucks that haul oil so I also know a bit about Trucking however I don't know about companies having to pay Trucking costs. The point I'm trying to make to you is the cost of fuel will always be more on the island because they are paying Trucking costs. Now if there really is price gouging in British Columbia like you say then wouldn't there be more of an uproar then some guy on CDC? I mean seriously. You guys have taxes that are readily available to you to find out now take that and add that on to the price of fuel before any other taxes. You can't compare it to Alberta where we don't have taxes on our fuel other than a federal carbon tax imposed on us that I think is about 5 cents a litre somewhere around there. Just take all the federal and provincial taxes off the price of fuel and see where you're at then if there is an excess of money that would be the price gouging however I really don't think that's the case. If it is then maybe it's time you guys in British Columbia stop electing such useless parties the BC liberals and the NDP are absolute garbage.

His math doesn’t add up. As you pointed out BC pays government tax that AB doesn’t.

• Cheers 1