The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoff Roster

Rate this topic

Yung1

The Canucks have some interesting roster predicaments heading into the Playoffs

1. Boeser is expected to come back from injury before the end of the season

2. Josh Leivo may return before the end of the season

3. Nikita Tryamkin's KHL team is on the brink of elimination and he may soon be eligible to join the roster. 

4. Zack MacEwen is looking like he's ready for the NHL and could be a potential playoff beast.

Here's my ideal lineup

Miller Petey Boeser
Pearson Horvat Toffoli
Virtanen Gaudette MacEwen
Motte Beagle Sutter

Roussel
Leivo

Tough to leave Rooster out but it's tougher to leave Motte or Sutter out, as that would leave us short on strong Penalty Killers, a crucial thing to have in the Playoffs. Leivo left out too. Just too hard to fit him in over anyone after sitting out for so long. Really solid depth though.

Edler Myers
Hughes Tanev
Trymakin Stecher

Fantenburg
Benn

Myers scares me on a shutdown pairing but what can you do. The bottom 4 are potentially the best bottom 4 in the league if Tryamkin lives up to the hype. And again, really solid depth 

With Marky and Demko as our tandem this team looks like it could deep, in my opinion.

A little too soon for this. The team hasn't made the playoffs yet and is still in a tough fight. Who will make it back from injury if they make the playoffs and who new might be out by then is impossible to predict really.

Nice effort, but this is the kind of thing to post when they have clinched a playoff birth, or for the Proposals and Armchair GM'ing forum.

• Like 1