The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, 6string said:

There was no effort to start the third, you're down two ffs.

I thought we actually played without passion (I do think guys make effort, except Loui:sick:) the whole game.  We get little sparks, but - unless we score - there is no flame.  And even then any flame goes out quickly.  IMO it’s a combination of older players who are just soft (that’s who they are) and a coach’s systems and philosophy that make for passive play.  Our young top players are getting more and more frustrated.  Now are they frustrated with the systems they have to play within?  Do they have confidence in those systems?  Do they have confidence in their coach?  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If we miss the playoffs, which there is a good chance. Who stays and who goes? GM? Coach?. One has to go If they dropout of the playoffs.

I think they will keep them both for atleast 1 more year.

• Haha 2

I'm still tracking this team. I check the out of town scoreboard multiple times a day, I'm here more than I probably should be, and I've watched more than I said I would. Despite all this I'm having a really hard time believing in this team. It feels like it goes back to the Boston loss, we've pissed things away these last twenty games or so. 

We're dependent on other teams losing and us somehow pulling things together before it's too late. With every regulation loss we get closer to it being too late. 

Few in the media saw us being in the mix at this point, so that in itself is a win. But it's hard for it to feel that way when we've allowed what seemed like a solid chance at a top divisional spot to slip away.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This is the area of the game where Boeser and Ferland thrived. Brock the beast is getting close. tumblr_n3uaivtFqj1qedb29o1_500.gif.fcbfef5dfdff377aeffc6faf8d03a3ca.gif

Hopefully Markstrom and Ferland are healthy soon, just in time for the playoffs. 

Ferland’s conditioning is going to be way off since he hasn’t played any minutes in a long time.  I wouldn’t count on his return this season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Green doesn't understand the Vancouver market. The mosr patient fans in the NHL. 50 years waiting for a cup. Twice to game 7.

There is an urgency the fans feel to compete again in the playoffs.  Green doesn't get this. He's too passive. His quotes: We played well. That's a good team over there. That's a big team. Sometimes you play well and lose...

Cmon Green. Figure out your fanbase is wanting results not excuses.  Get mad.  Show anger. Show passion.  Stop the passive aw shucks.  It's time to make the playoffs or get fired. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darkstar said:

Judd Brackett will buy Benning at least one more year.

And Bracket, the guy responsible for us finally having good young players/prospects (which he accomplished having limited picks, and in later rounds) is leaving.  Maybe Aquilini figures out who the real star is in his management group?   

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Frankly, the game was a success upon the culmination of that Pettersson goal. That was incredible. 

He’s going to flip into Arcade mode with Hughes in the final games. Add in Boeser drop Toffoli to Horvat’s line. 

Anything that prevents Eriksson from getting even one shift of top six time will be a plus for the team.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1