The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, 6string said:

See Vigneault in Philadelphia. A tougher conference with lesser talent in his lineup than ours.

I was waiting for someone to bring up Coach V. I find it amazing that so many people on here have bashed on him... Took Vancouver to the cup finals, then NYR and he's doing a tremendous job so far in Philly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

I thought we outplayed them in the first two periods. They got 2 goals we had none. Our legs stopped moving in the third. We had a goal they had none.

That's just how it goes sometimes

for sure

cuz nucks played last night in another city

and had to fly in and play today

other team did not play yesterday

and was well rested

unilke the nucks

who justifiably appeared to be tired

:bigblush:

14 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

how about we stop giving the other teams credit ffs. that team Bo is complimenting have 3 wins in their last 15... 2 of them are against us!

saying they defended well is embarrassing considering half of the Jackets roster is on the IR.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Was at the game and it felt like every second the game ticked away, it felt like my hopes and dreams for team to make the playoffs were being kicked, trampled, and stepped upon over and over again.

Man it hurts to follow this team sometimes, but I'm willing to follow this through even if it kills me.  Disappointing loss but I'm all in on this team to the bitter end no matter the result of the final 14 games.

Image result for michael scott ready to get hurt again

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, The_Cherry said:

Agreed, I thought this was going to be a turning point. 

Me too. The team needed to get the puck on his stick. Unfortunately, it didn't make it onto his stick often enough.

We actually played well CDC. The one thing that killed us was trying to make the pretty play instead of just shooting. This happened at the very least three times tonight with prime chances. There was one power play where we weren’t dicking around and it was great. Simplify the game a bit boys. Also Demko has gotten better each game he’s played. It’s been very evident since Markstrom’s absence that we needed to tighten up. Ultimately I think the team should and is (slowly) realizing their flaws. All in all I’d take this as a positive rather than a negative. It’s getting late in the season though for a learning curve so hopefully we can dig deep. Go Canucks go

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Yikes!  In this game we had multiple examples of more than one player going to the opposition player with the puck, thus leaving players open - this is how kids play when they don;t trust their teammates to make the play or do the right thing in their own end.  Most of the players are trying to do the other guy's job, probably with the idea that he is being supportive and helpful to his teammates.  Not so, not trusting his teammates to do their job is neither supportive nor helpful, it is a recipe for giving up easy goals to an underpowered, injury ridden, tired, hurting team that does not do that. In the opposition end it is characterized by trying to do too much, overpassing, holding the puck while skating oneself into a place where neither a pass, nor another move is possible. Pettersson scored on a play where he had no other option but to go to the net directly.
This type of play in our own end makes our D look awful... all of them.