The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We better win or this forum will be rampant with how we should have offered Trotz the keys to the bank accounts... he's one of the best coaches the past decade.  Reminds of Ruff, with the exception he won a cup.   NSH owes him a lot for what he did with some mediocre or even below average teams early, him and Poile seemed inseparable for a long time - talk about trust if Poile decided to quit on him early during bad spells maybe he wouldn't even be here now.

There are a lot more Yeo's out there - coaches that get a couple chances with usually bad teams and then let go and are basically done then guys like Trotz and Ruff (Buffalo) who's GMs give huge amounts of rope too (patient with).   So far I'm hoping TG can eventually become one of these guys - and do think if he's fired won't have a long wait to get another offer, it's mostly our fan base that thinks he's a bad coach.  Also hope he's not fired and bails this sinking ship out and plows us through a few rounds.

TG with the win.  

A lot of fans think TG is overrated on hf, reddit ect.. 

Edited by milk and honey
  • Cheers 1

If I'm being positive, they are a better team than last year. So, there is progress. Injuries with the forwards and Markstrom has been a bit of a problem, but the D has been mainly healthy all year. Every team has injuries though. Maybe this really isn't a playoff team, even though Benning tried his best to turn it into one with his trades. Not a playoff team yet anyway IMO. Still too many passengers. Not enough snarly grit, like a Raffi Torres type player to get the team going. Calling Captain Bo, you need to step up dude.  

• Cheers 2

we lost 2-1 last night, I don't know where a lot of you believe the Canucks didn't play hard,

Petey= 1goal and I hit

Toffoli= 5 sog

Edler =3sog 2 hits

Pearson =3 sog and 4 hits

Virtanen =3 sog and 2 hits

Miller  = 2 sog 3 hits 

Myers= 1 sog 2 hits

Horvat =1 sog  good on the face offs

Gaudette =1 sog and horrible on Faceoffs

Hughes =1 sog 

they lost 2-1 because Jackets goalie was hot and stopping everything, go look at the games in the last few days and you will see some of the best teams lose, it happens. we have a young team  that has never been to the playoffs and they are still trying. cheer them on!!! 

• Cheers 1

It has become painfully obvious this team struggles mightily when the opposing team plays the trap and very structured defense.

Kind of explains why they suck against bad teams that often deploy the trap and shot blocking galore and then be world beaters against top team that are often less defensively structured. 

This is on Green, he need to adjust for these kind of trap hockey.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

The schedule for the rest of the season.

IMHO we need 8 wins or combinations of loser points to make the playoffs with 92 points.

I can see 8 wins in there

spacer.png

We are lucky there are only 4 or so 4 point games likely to be in there.. I'm certain we will piss those away 

15 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

IMHO we need 8 wins or combinations of loser points to make the playoffs with 92 points.

spacer.png

I see 10.

We go 10-3-1 

• Cheers 1

Looks like jim might be busy on draft day....,

if I was a Brock fan I would enjoy probably his last season of a Canuck.....

his the only guy that has value you need to bring in a josh Manson or Shea Weber type for Hughes.....

anyone want to make a bet that Jim goes out and finds an enforcer like DD this off season? cause the pests arnt cutting it, reeves would be a nice add ha 

i haven't wrote the team off but if we make it to the playoffs , we wil be like pasted Canucks and out in the first round....

it would be good experience for the guys but we are playing meaningful games in March and that's all I can ask of a rebuilding team taking another step. 

17 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

spacer.png

7W - 5L - 2OTL

16 points

finish 92 points.... +/-2 points of the playoff bar...

12 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why does every player not seem concerned? It’s as if it’s ok as long as they were close enough to the playoffs. This is an epic fail. They are falling down the standings and  are almost out. I am really angry at the lack of displeasure for losing.

For years and years, the general culture around here is that this is their job/career. You don't get paid to play in the playoffs so who cares? Never ever seen Nazzy or Hank Pi$$@d off, ever. I have seen Bo slam his stick once or twice, which is an improvement, I guess.

12 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Are some thinking it was a mistake to name Bo instead of Sutter or LE captain?

.......Or wait to see who the natural leaders were on this team instead of jumping to having another "Celebration/Publicity stunt"  with it being the 50th Anniversary and all. ::D

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I would've thought the Canucks would've given more effort, like play their a**es off and give 100%. Isn't that what Green said?

He did.... against Colorado and he was right hehe.

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

There’s very little room to criticize Horvat as a player. That being said, revisiting the captaincy selecting issue/result will continue to be a thing until the team develops an identity beyond that of a vanilla, sportsmanlike one. I am not at all surprised that Horvat is leading the way he is and that the Canucks haven’t developed a team style and identity yet. 

Eh, a long long time ago there was a young captain who was getting ripped in this market as well - some dude named Linden.  Then 1994 happened...

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

.......Or wait to see who the natural leaders were on this team instead of jumping to having another "Celebration/Publicity stunt"  with it being the 50th Anniversary and all. ::D

That’s what it was. With no Stanley cups the Canucks need to celebrate something. We should have waited another year. I’m not saying I dislike Bo as a player but I am not fond of him being a captain. 

Edited by NeilColville

22 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

For years and years, the general culture around here is that this is their job/career. You don't get paid to play in the playoffs so who cares? Never ever seen Nazzy or Hank Pi$$@d off, ever. I have seen Bo slam his stick once or twice, which is an improvement, I guess.

oh come on now, you know that is not true for the most part. it is their job/career that part is true, but to say they don't care that is bogus!!!

• Upvote 1

Everyone still want to trade Boeser?

or do we sign Toffoli and put him with Bo and then Brock back on the top line.

or we can watch Bo continue to struggle to generate offence next year too.

trade Boeser trade Boeser :frantic::frantic:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2