The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Gaudette looked vacant without the puck much of the night - particularly on the winning goal. 

Not sure if he was converted to a winger there, but he looked like a lost one.

Likewise on the first goal - not sure if you should 'blame' Horvat or Stecher....but that was an ugly blown coverage.

Otherwise, a pretty tight game - with the usual Canuck puck luck. 

• Cheers 4

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

We need playoff experience for our youngsters right now, not more picks.

You really think we will make the playoffs? Lol

The way the team is playing the 1st round pick this year will be better imo.

No doubt in my mind we dominate the Pacific next year anyway. Well get our playoff experience then

Tough loss, a decent enough game. Tort's coached teams play hard. Not very many chances out there. The ones we did have hit the post or was Petey on a breakaway against a tired defense.

For those that think coaching isn't a problem they should look at Columbus. Tort's should be a Jack Adams favourite. If you think Green's job shouldn't be on the line you should look what Tort's is doing with a worse Columbus team than ours on paper. On top of that they have injury woes. What they are doing with the roster they have and the injuries they have is pretty amazing and I honestly think part of it is their coaching. Considering our division and the roster we have we should be comfortably in 2nd or 3rd in the division. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazycry said:

I fully expect Horvat to call a team meeting and get everyone on the same page. There is ZERO excuse to pull this $&!# while watching others catching up in the standings. So disheartening for fans. 

Horvat? Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Markstrom wouldnt even make the playoff the effort we have been putting in lately..

He is the reason we even have as many points as we do. This team needs a goalie who is capable of stealing wins for them (you can blame Baumgartner) 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

FIRE GREEN 

Green seems too relaxed with the team that might not make the playoffs. I love Torts, he is better than Green when it comes to defensive aspect of the game. CBJ kept blocking shots while our team just waves their sticks at the shooter or passer scared of getting their nuts in the way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Green has got to. Just listen to his post game conference. He will say he’s happy and they worked hard. Everything is just fine in his world. It’s garbage. He’s feeding us garbage and I am not eating anymore of his garbage. Just a losers mentality to lead this young team.

Playoff teams don’t lose to teams like Columbus twice in 7 days, playoff teams don’t lose 12 out of 17 in the stretch run. There better be some firings after this epic late season collapse is finished

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, crazycry said:

It's time for us to lower our expectations. The reality of missing the playoffs is real. 

Feel bad for Markstrom man....guy brought us so close..

dude this team will be lucky to finish 500 the rest of the stretch.  Marky had nothing to do with tonight.  You see the start of the 3rd and some of the saves Demko made.  This team thinks it is better than it is.  They beat the ava and then next game think they don't need to give it 100%.    Right now these guys do not deserve to be called a playoff team.   Far from it.    Good coaches figure a way out of this.   This is Green's fault tonight.

Edited by samurai

Just now, sedin26 said:

This was the last game I will ever watch!  I refuse to watch or listen to a Canucks game ever again, whether on TV, streaming, or any other form, current or not yet invented.  I will remain absolutely, 100% steadfastly committed to this - I will not be on this site again and this will be my last post.  Goodbye forever!

See you Tuesday.

• Upvote 1