The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Didn't get enough shots when the game was even, couldn't get a PP goal, didn't get any bounces.

If just one of those 3 things goes the other way we could be in overtime right now. That's the margins this time of year.

Give CBJ credit they play a really greasy style. You aren't helping yourself when you pass up the chances you do get, because they limit opportunities very well. 

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Lost 5 out of our last 6 

had a team on back to back 

18 shots through 2 periods

came out flat once again after a big win

Loui playing on Bo’s line 

Starts a powerplay with his second unit 

why have we not fired Green yet? 

Loui only played on bo’s line for 2 shifts

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

At a time when every game matters we lose 5/6 and That’s  after our genius coach keeps talking about how happy he is with his team

And we wonder why we have a losing culture 

To the media. 

You say you played but seem to struggle to understand what happens in the room stays in the room. 

• Like 1

Just now, sedin26 said:

This was the last game I will ever watch!  I refuse to watch or listen to a Canucks game ever again, whether on TV, streaming, or any other form, current or not yet invented.  I will remain absolutely, 100% steadfastly committed to this - I will not be on this site again and this will be my last post.  Goodbye forever!

See you on Tuesday, my friend. You bringing the nachos this time or me?

• Haha 2

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Green seems too relaxed with the team that might not make the playoffs. I love Torts, he is better than Green when it comes to defensive aspect of the game. CBJ kept blocking shots while our team just waves their sticks at the shooter or passer scared of getting their nuts in the way. 

Agreed, when teams against the wall come out this flat for a game like this then yeah blame the coach. 

• Upvote 1

this is unacceptable!! 0 points out of a possible 4 against a team with half of it's players on IR. 

not enough urgency and hunger to start the game. too many passes trying to look for the pretty goal!!

Petey willed himself to score a goal after a bad penalty but the team couldn't feed on the momentum. 

Bo Horvat looking like a passenger. the second line had was dead aside from Jake.

I wish Bo would have the same mean streak Petey has and take the puck hard to the net.

this was a setback loss in one of the 'easier' games remaining in our damn schedule!! so frustrating!!

couldn't take the opportunity presented to us when the Lames choked earlier ffffffffffffffffffff!!

2 minutes ago, sedin26 said:

This was the last game I will ever watch!  I refuse to watch or listen to a Canucks game ever again, whether on TV, streaming, or any other form, current or not yet invented.  I will remain absolutely, 100% steadfastly committed to this - I will not be on this site again and this will be my last post.  Goodbye forever!

I'd suggest that you "relax" - but....the last person that told someone to relax....is an epic asshat.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Markstrom wouldnt even make the playoff the effort we have been putting in lately..

Markstrom is the only reason Canucks are in this position. Without Markstrom, we are just a more offensive Detroit with more washed up players on the roster. The vets aside from maybe beagle and markstrom are all dead weight right now.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

To the media. 

You say you played but seem to struggle to understand what happens in the room stays in the room. 

The players hear what he says and at best it’s a mixed message but let’s play along...,is what he is saying in the dressing room working? 

nope 

Green has lost this team 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, StiffStick33 said:

Love Bo, but wheres Capt when you need him? *Do somethin; Show some emotion... 

Millers doing all the talking and peteys doing all the skating. 

Bo is a cliche machine these days in interviews, but nothing to show for in the ice.

Edited by Trebreh

The boys were way to cute tonight. Just because they pumped 6 by Colorado doesn’t mean it’s gonna come that easy. Jackets played a perfect road game and capitalized when it mattered and their goalie didn’t have to play lights out. Too many squandered opportunities to shoot cost them tonight. I counted 7 great chances to shoot and they tried to force a low percentage play. Down by one and nobody wants to score. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, samurai said:

dude this team will be lucky to finish 500 the rest of the stretch.  Marky had nothing to do with tonight.  You see the start of the 3rd and some of the saves Demko made.  This team thinks it is better than it is.  They beat the ava and then next game think they don't need to give it 100%.    Right now these guys do not deserve to be called a playoff team.   Far from it.    Good coaches figure a way out of this.   This is Green's fault tonight.

Did you misunderstood my post? My main point was how the team is tearing away EVERYTHING that Marky has done for us this season. Did I say they deserved to be in the playoffs? lol...