The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Isn't it time to give someone from Utica a chance instead of Eriksson?

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

This and only this!

Loui is better than Sutter, Beagle, and Rooster.  Beagle wins faceoffs, so he can stay.  But those other three (and their contracts) have to go.  We need cap room to sign Marky, Tanev, Tofu, and our RFAs.  What do those old guys’ cap dollars add up to if we add Baer? 20 million?  

Miller-EP-Toffoli

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwan

Sub in Gaudette maybe during some home games where Green can control his deployment and shelter him more. I think he is going to be a big piece of our contending team. Just needs more work on the finer points of being a center at the NHL level. I think he will get there though. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui is better than Sutter, Beagle, and Rooster.  Beagle wins faceoffs, so he can stay.  But those other three (and their contracts) have to go.  We need cap room to sign Marky, Tanev, Tofu, and our RFAs.  What do those old guys’ cap dollars add up to if we add Baer? 20 million?  

If you can move Eriksson and Baer especially I think that helps significantly. Roussel, Sutter, and Beagle I think still add necessary elements but the cap hits are a bit of an issue of course. 

I think Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffoli are all players that should be on this team next year procided the money and term isnt crazy.

If Eriksson was 3 mil like the others that conversation is tougher as I think he does add some versatility defensively. But at 6 mil its clear he has to be the main subtraction this offseason.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Miller-EP-Toffoli

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwan

Sub in Gaudette maybe during some home games where Green can control his deployment and shelter him more. I think he is going to be a big piece of our contending team. Just needs more work on the finer points of being a center at the NHL level. I think he will get there though. 

When Green went

PEARSON - HORVAT - TOFFOLI

the team picked up instant energy.

Thinking Boeser will get back on the Pettersson line.

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

ROUSSEL - SUTTER - VIRTANEN

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I was talking about this season...when Brock returns, but I agree that the team has plenty of boat anchor contracts; Loui's being the worst, due to cap hit.

Still, I would keep Rooster and possibly Sutter (or Beagle) over Loui.  I think we are now seeing Rooster fully recovered from the dreadful injury he had.  He's been playing really well in the last 3 games and if we make the playoffs, he will be needed.  Sutter/Beagle we might need as a C one more season.

I think Loui will be 'dealt with' this summer and Baer will be bought out.  There may also be a significant cap increase.  Everything is speculation right now, so we might as well just focus on the remainder of this season.

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

When Green went

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

awesome old school GIF

Except playing call-ups is not something the Canucks do. They like to call them up, just not play them. 7 call ups have played games for the Canucks this season totaling 35 games played. MacEwen and Graovac have played 24 of those 35 with little to no impact. No Utica player has had an impact (positive or negative) this season for the Canucks.

1 minute ago, GritGrinder said:

Except playing call-ups is not something the Canucks do. They like to call them up, just not play them. 7 call ups have played games for the Canucks this season totaling 35 games played. MacEwen and Graovac have played 24 of those 35 with little to no impact. No Utica player has had an impact (positive or negative) this season for the Canucks.

Actually the Canucks have seen a very healthy year so far. So not too many needs. At least not as much as the last almost ten seasons.

Even Tanev is on a career games played season.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

When Green went

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Nothing wrong with that option either.

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Nothing wrong with that option either.

I think Gaudette is another BIG game performer. Hopefully he doesn’t have the tendency to disappear for meaningless games. There are no more meaningless games.

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I think Gaudette is another BIG game performer. Hopefully he doesn’t have the tendency to disappear for meaningless games. There are no more meaningless games.

Gaudette as a winger with a center who can win draws and play a two way game would be a far better environment for him to play to his strengths.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Gaudette as a winger with a center who can win draws and play a two way game would be a far better environment for him to play to his strengths.

He is definitely part of the team next year. So is McEwen (as per Benning).

Gaudette’s game against Boston. It was nice to see a player on the Canucks play like a Bruins. As much as I hate the , the Bruins win Cups.

Edited by Me_

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

When Green went

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Green won’t like that lineup there’s no Eriksson in it.. 

• Wat 1

6 hours ago, rychicken said:

Eriksson is better than any of those candidates at this time

I agree. If Loui was making $2 a year instead of $6, he propbably wouldn't be bashed as often. He is way more experienced than anyone in Utica. He's responsible defensively, forechecks well, creates a bit of havoc around the net, not afraid to hit or take a hit. He does do some good things, unfortunately, no one really points it out. Too fixated on his salary, thinking he should score 30 goals a year. Maybe we shouldn't blame Loui, but the man who gave him all that dough.   

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree. If Loui was making $2 a year instead of $6, he propbably wouldn't be bashed as often. He is way more experienced than anyone in Utica. He's responsible defensively, forechecks well, creates a bit of havoc around the net, not afraid to hit or take a hit. He does do some good things, unfortunately, no one really points it out. Too fixated on his salary, thinking he should score 30 goals a year. Maybe we shouldn't blame Loui, but the man who gave him all that dough.   

FA? Afterall, it's his family's money.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He has ten hits this season.  He had three hits last year in 81 games.

The most hits he has ever given in a season in Vancouver is 11.

So...  He delivers one hit somewhere between every four and every 27 games...

I don't mind Loui all that much but let's not overstate his physicality.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

He has ten hits this season.  He had three hits last year in 81 games.

The most hits he has ever given in a season in Vancouver is 11.

So...  He delivers one hit somewhere between every four and every 27 games...

I don't mind Loui all that much but let's not overstate his physicality.

lol Okay, maybe I should've said "he doesn't shy away from gritty play", which is what I meant. He digs and battles for pucks in corners and along the boards, goes to the net.

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Green won’t like that lineup there’s no Eriksson in it.. 

What is this.

Seriously. 
If Green liked how Eriksson played so much he would’ve been in the other 19 games Eriksson didn’t play. 

Eriksson plays in the top 6 because Boeser is injured and no one else is better at this point. 

When Boeser is back, maybe Eriksson keeps a role. Maybe not. 

But to claim that Green is as infatuated with Eriksson as Desjardins was with Chaput and Megan is nothing short of a major stretch in imagination.

I feel as if all the bandwagon jumpers are here and calling for heads and they don’t know what’s going on with the rest of the year.

Edited by Me_