Sign in to follow this  
*Buzzsaw*

Isn't it time to give someone from Utica a chance instead of Eriksson?

Rate this topic

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree. If Loui was making $2 a year instead of $6, he propbably wouldn't be bashed as often. He is way more experienced than anyone in Utica. He's responsible defensively, forechecks well, creates a bit of havoc around the net, not afraid to hit or take a hit. He does do some good things, unfortunately, no one really points it out. Too fixated on his salary, thinking he should score 30 goals a year. Maybe we shouldn't blame Loui, but the man who gave him all that dough.   

Everyone was for the Eriksson signing at the time. He was the best player available. 

Here’s an absolutely novel idea.

Why don’t you do yourself a favour and enjoy the show instead of blaming Benning.

You know when we’re dying and we regret not enjoying life more?

This is it. This is the moment. Enjoy watching the tribulation and the growing pains of this freshly rebuilt Vancouver Canucks team.

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 1

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

When Green went

PEARSON - HORVAT - TOFFOLI

the team picked up instant energy.

Thinking Boeser will get back on the Pettersson line.

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

ROUSSEL - SUTTER - VIRTANEN

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

PEARSON - PETTERSSON - BOESER

ERIKSSON - HORVAT - TOFFOLI

BÄRTSCHI - MILLER - VIRTANEN

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Roussel, Sutter

This can be a way to have three lethal lines, scoring wise, when Boeser is back. 

Miller doesn't click with Petey so I would change it in some way. 

Don't focus on wich lines is 1st, 2nd and 3rd... 

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Roussel, Sutter

This can be a way to have three lethal lines, scoring wise, when Boeser is back. 

Miller as a third liner.

So that’s not gonna happen...

Since when does Miller not click with Pettersson?

When a player is a great as Pettersson is, its on them to get it. No one else can do anything for Pettersson but Pettersson. He’s proven that against the Blue Jackets where he was getting roughed up all game until his seemingly unfair penalty.

The penalty was a penalty. But to Pettersson it was “why me now and never them?”. Then he turned it on.

Pettersson will solve Pettersson regardless of who is on his line. 

Edited by Me_

8 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Roussel, Sutter

image.gif.15084da847391d8b763fe1a803f4e1f9.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

When Green went

the team picked up instant energy.

Thinking Boeser will get back on the Pettersson line.

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

ROUSSEL - SUTTER - VIRTANEN

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

One can dream :wub:  Green will not let Eriksson sit though.  

Wouldnt mind:

MILLER - PETTERSSON - VIRTANEN

ROUSSEL - SUTTER - GAUDETTE

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Until Boeser comes back. 

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

One can dream :wub:  Green will not let Eriksson sit though.  

Wouldnt mind:

MILLER - PETTERSSON - VIRTANEN

ROUSSEL - SUTTER - GAUDETTE

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Until Boeser comes back. 

Thing is, Eriksson kills a lot of time now. He’s hustling hard defensively. 

He’s excellent defensively and I would think the Canucks Would be even worse in that department should Eriksson not be playing. Eriksson may be the guy that scores in double overtime in the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Right now the team seems to be having issues with consistent goal scoring... 

I have to stop right there Mr Buzzsaw.  

Our goal scoring has been fine, we just can’t keep the puck out of our net.  

Listen to yourselves, you’re blaming all our problems on a forward that’s playing 4th line minutes and doing quite well as a DEFENSIVE forward.  

Didn’t we all watch the last two losses against Columbus? Breakdowns by Bo’s line with Jake on it led to two crucial goals against in both of the games.  

We also saw our 3rd line leave someone wide open in the middle of the ice for their second goal yesterday.  

We don’t need flashy offensive forwards like Goldy and Baer, we need better team defense.  

The time to complain about Loui has past. We’re stuck with his salary and he gives us a better chance to win then our 13th and 14th forwards because he plays good defense and is solid on the PK.  

• Hydration 1

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

This and only this!

I agree, but would swap Virtanen with Roussel. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Everyone was for the Eriksson signing at the time. He was the best player available.

I won't say I predicted the level of performance we have seen, and being healthy scratched 1/3 of the time after half the contract...

But when I saw the numbers I shook my head at the length of the contract.  6M a season was...palatable...for maybe three years.  When I saw the term, I had flashbacks to Rick DiPietro.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Hydration 1

19 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Eriksson may be the guy that scores in double overtime in the playoffs. 

I have a hard time believing the other team pulls their goalie in double overtime. :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

MOTTE - BEAGLE - McEWEN

Roussel, Sutter

What happened to Gaudette? He's having a really good year in hos first full season in the NHL.

I've been really impressed as I think he will be  very important player for this team in the upcoming years. 

LE could be an attractive option after the bonus is paid and could make a trade to any team looking just to make the cap floor and making only one million on base salary next season and 6 million on his final year but a lot lower on signing bonus.   He can still play on the defensive side of things.  If any team is rebuilding and if LE is willing to go to a new city despite his NTC but if he doesn't waive his NTC then he could easily retire if he wants to.  If any rebuilding team is looking to shelter their young player, LE is an option for them, giving them time is if teams is looking for a reliable veterans and Loui is a reliable veterans that any coach will trust.   He is no longer an offensive player.   Benning need to ask Loui if he still want to play for a new team and even if no playoff contender is interested in him but if a rebuilding team is looking for one and to reach the cap floor without breaking their bank, LE is one of the option if LE is willing to be a part of it.  

7 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I’ve been saying it for a while there is something more to it then what a fan can see.

Just look at it right now. LE has been starting on Bo’s line the last few games but JV has practically played most of the game on that line after the first shift. It hasn’t been adding up entirely. Not that Loui can’t hold his own. He just can’t provide offence at all! 

It tiring with the whole Green playing LE thing because frankly there is something else in the background going on and I don’t doubt it. If this is what we go through to not have him on the roster next year count me in 

Why should the whole team have to suffer because of some mysterious dealings with LE.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Why should the whole team have to suffer because of some mysterious dealings with LE.

So we don’t have to suffer next year or the year after

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

So we don’t have to suffer next year or the year after

We need more scoring from that spot. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We need more scoring from that spot. 

Very badly. I want Toffoli in that spot. But it remains a mystery why JV has played a lot more then LE in that spot recently yet LE is always starting there.

We saw it at the start of year. How long was LE in the press box for? Something happened. It’s almost like Green is playing along but doesn’t actually want him in the lineup let alone 4th line. But if he is in the lineup he’s shown marginal success with Bo. Green likes his forth line to have a little more speed and grit

Edited by Devron44

9 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Isn't boeser coming back.? 

Then won't Eriksson get demoted? 

Would like to see Eriksson gone asap 

And Beagle will return too....

6 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

You know this, how?

Because why would he come back? He clearly prefers the KHL. We soured a young, weak minded individual's experience. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Here’s an absolutely novel idea.

Why don’t you do yourself a favour and enjoy the show instead of blaming Benning.

You k so when we died and we regret not enjoying life more?

This is it. This is the moment. Enjoy watching the tribulation and the growing pains of this newly rebuilt Vancouver Canucks team.

Only the Kool-aid drinkers were okay with that signing.  The guy was 31 years old before he even played a game for us, go read the thread there were plenty of people unhappy with it.  

There's not many players around the league I would be okay with giving a 6 year deal to at the age of 31

Edited by The 5th Line
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1