The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Are You Afraid If They Blow It Up? Should They?

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

or perhaps other 6 teams were too stupid ( hello mtl)not to pick hughes  before he " fell on bennings lap"  ,

Same as every year, there are players that GM's decide don't fit their team, some draft for position like Columbus did picking #3.

A good GM that gets a good draft is the one that picks off the board, a guy ranked 29th selected at #5. Pretty much a monkey pushing the "next" button would have done the same, except for Virtanen and Juolevi, I would not draft an injured player, they sometimes don't work out and OJ was a little bit off the board he was ranked high but other kids had caught up and were on worse teams. Still he ended up not working out and has been the poster child prospect for 4 years now, can't have that prospect list without including him year after year. Madden was an off the board guy.:picard:

Funny how Madden is perceived now, before he was a great prospect and then he is traded and "oh, he was only a prospect and not in the NHL", JB says he is a winger that oddly never plays wing or it sure looks like center; but JB says wing and the faithful follow.

Tyler Madden

Center -- shoots R
Born Nov 9 1999 -- Deerfield Beach, FL
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 150 [180 cm/68 kg]

8 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Same as every year, there are players that GM's decide don't fit their team, some draft for position like Columbus did picking #3.

A good GM that gets a good draft is the one that picks off the board, a guy ranked 29th selected at #5. Pretty much a monkey pushing the "next" button would have done the same, except for Virtanen and Juolevi, I would not draft an injured player, they sometimes don't work out and OJ was a little bit off the board he was ranked high but other kids had caught up and were on worse teams. Still he ended up not working out and has been the poster child prospect for 4 years now, can't have that prospect list without including him year after year. Madden was an off the board guy.:picard:

Funny how Madden is perceived now, before he was a great prospect and then he is traded and "oh, he was only a prospect and not in the NHL", JB says he is a winger that oddly never plays wing or it sure looks like center; but JB says wing and the faithful follow.

Tyler Madden

Center -- shoots R
[20 yrs. ago]

A rebuild/retool will only be as good as the first round picks (with the odd lucky get from 2 and on).  Misses like Jake, McCann, and OJ lessen the quality of the finished rebuild.  I don’t understand how anyone could argue different.  

• Huggy Bear 1

18 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ok what do you get with a new GM? 

Does it make it easier to move some bad contracts? No. 

Basically it puts Vancouver behind another 3-6 months or so when the new GM evaluates the team, and it's coaching. 

Why do we want Gallant? Might want to ask why two different teams dumped him the first chance they got first?

Something is wrong with that picture. I'd have a talk with Florida and Vegas first and maybe not just the GM's but other organizational members. 

Im ok if Benning makes changes by letting go of Brown and Baumer first in the offseason.

Make the moves that he can.

If by the 1/4 mark of the next season the team is not playing better defensively and more consistently. Then fire Green. 

If the team misses the playoffs next season, then fire Benning. 

A GM comes in with no commitments or baggage.

Usually a new guy gets a one to two year grace period, JB got 5 years.

Trading away firsts and seconds set back the rebuilld by one year minimum already and the players they haven't money for set them back as well.

The new GM decides his people and takes responsibility if they fail, how many coaches does JB get to make mistakes on? Two so far and Green is still here.

Maybe the new GM looks at spending the cap limit as not being the goal, how JB manages to spend all that money for all those losses, record number over 4 years, soon to be record for missed playoffs IF they lose to Arizona and 3 other games it is a certainty.

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Blowing it up would be trading BB, Horvat and Miller for picks and maybe a young talented RHD .... and expecting QH and EP to carry the torch.   It would be insanity.   Guess one could argue TO blew it up and the lucked out with AM so it's possible it could work - but almost certainly all it would mean is we waste a good thing and re-set the clock to four years ago...and miss the playoffs 9 out of a 10 year period.  Not going to happen.  For better or worse this is the core we have (and Miller is part of it for sure), we still have some great prospects that should give the team a boost - and most of the placeholders will get replaced internally (not all - will still need a few UFAs to fill the roster out) in the next one-three years (and that's assuming LE doesn't retire or get traded, otherwise 1-2 years).    What wouldn't surprise is in three years time Miller and Horvat get traded to move prospects behind Podz, Hogs, EP, Hughes and BB as a mini-re-tool - that's how good teams stay good longer.  

Something like what Colorado had to do, they had a great season and then had to jettison (tank) players to re-build again, that is one reason they are almost a year younger than the Canucks, under the cap and are competing for first overall

I don't think they have to trade all the young guys but IF they got 4 top six players back, through the draft, cap control and protection spots, it might necessary.

Edited by Lazurus

2 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Tyler Madden

Center -- shoots R
[20 yrs. ago]

so kinda like gmjb picking petey  right" the off the board pick  ", Madden again  , come on    podi and hoglander are much better , yep benning found a gem in the 3rd round  that had value as a trade chip that didn't fit with the team going forward. ,  all of 150 lbs of him , we have enough smaller players

.  so then what is it  , GMJB drafts off the board gets some good picks (petey ,hoglander  boesser trymakin ) not good enough , then a bad gm for trading one drafted player (Madden) . then a monkey pushing a button for drafting hughes , then blamed for a player that took 4 years to develop (Virtanen)  and finally a player that was drafted that ran into injury problems( like a gm can predict that )  ,   or is it not being able to develop players in Utica ,Like big mac , rafferty  or lind   ,  

• Like 3
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, the grinder said:

so kinda like gmjb picking petey  right" the off the board pick  ", Madden again  , come on    podi and hoglander are much better , yep benning found a gem in the 3rd round  that had value as a trade chip that didn't fit with the team going forward. ,  all of 150 lbs of him , we have enough smaller players

.  so then what is it  , GMJB drafts off the board gets some good picks (petey ,hoglander  boesser trymakin ) not good enough , then a bad gm for trading one drafted player (Madden) . then a monkey pushing a button for drafting hughes , then blamed for a player that took 4 years to develop (Virtanen)  and finally a player that was drafted that ran into injury problems( like a gm can predict that )  ,   or is it not being able to develop players in Utica ,Like big mac , rafferty  or lind   ,  

Petey WAS a bit off the board but was ranked the #2 European and generally #11 overall, so kudo.

He didn't like Madden, he said they thought he was competing against Miller and Boeser, more than once JB said he was a winger.

The scouting GM is paid to know if a player is ready or can play in the NHL, that is the mysterious insight he was paid millions for, it certainly wasn't for cap management or not giving out clause contracts like tic tacs, the 4 year development? At a #6 pick very few need 4 years to develop, some do but again he was supposed to know more than just a guess. Jake is doing good now but his name is coming up a lot around being an add on in a trade.

Rafferty has been a top player in Utica from game 4 on, that guy must be a genius OR it was all the time in college and that he is 25 already, it sure would be nice to see Lind, but JB did get Bailey instead so Lind drops down the list. Hey, how are those Euros that abandoned Benning's development team Utica?

Boy Torts was sure a bad coach, Man Willie sure didn't do very good, okay that is two fires ,Torts won coach of the year BTW just because you personally didn't like him you don't count the Sedins sure liked him but I guess nobody talked to them, about anything at all evidently, great communications skills there but no surprise after the Tryamkin fiasco of a lack of communication. No sense of taking care of the team's investments.

But on your side JB is responsible for the good. And the bad. Is 4 years losing over 230 games good? Now be careful, look at the team now, he could have signed a player like Miller, Pearson, Myers and traded for a Toffoli type players years ago.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Lazurus said:

Petey WAS a bit off the board but was ranked the #2 European and generally #11 overall, so kudo.

He didn't like Madden, he said they thought he was competing against Miller and Boeser, more than once JB said he was a winger.

The scouting GM is paid to know if a player is ready or can play in the NHL, that is the mysterious insight he was paid millions for, it certainly wasn't for cap management or not giving out clause contracts like tic tacs, the 4 year development? At a #6 pick very few need 4 years to develop, some do but again he was supposed to know more than just a guess. Jake is doing good now but his name is coming up a lot around being an add on in a trade.

Rafferty has been a top player in Utica from game 4 on, that guy must be a genius OR it was all the time in college and that he is 25 already, it sure would be nice to see Lind, but JB did get Bailey instead so Lind drops down the list. Hey, how are those Euros that abandoned Benning's development team Utica?

Boy Torts was sure a bad coach, Man Willie sure didn't do very good, okay that is two fires ,Torts won coach of the year BTW just because you personally didn't like him you don't count the Sedins sure liked him but I guess nobody talked to them, about anything at all evidently, great communications skills there but no surprise after the Tryamkin fiasco of a lack of communication. No sense of taking care of the team's investments.

But on your side JB is responsible for the good. And the bad. Is 4 years losing over 230 games good? Now be careful, look at the team now, he could have signed a player like Miller, Pearson, Myers and traded for a Toffoli type players years ago.

funny you should mention the sedins in your comment , because those 2 took just as long to develop as jake  has or have you conveniently forgotten that too , yep those guys with their number retired were once  just like jake ,  took 4 years before the sedins figured it out ,   those euros like palmu a 4th rounder or is it petey,s buddy that bolted back to Europe from san jose  , big deal a 4th rounder didn't work out  , you make it like we missed out on the next Crosby  or something,  

now it is coaching ?   lol    torts was hired by gillis/ ownership  , willie  was hired  by linden/ ownership /benning   ,  green was hired by benning  and groomed in the ahl  just like a draft pick ,   yep 4 years of losing  that happens when you are rebuilding  how else are going get hughes falling in your lap .right?,  how long did Edmonton lose for 9 years ?  buffalo 6 or 7 years ? nj 5or 6 years

, you cry about losing  , bitch about drafting , whine about a trade for a 2nd leading scorer , cry again for trading a 2nd and Madden for Toffoli at the trade deadline , and here I thought you wanted a winner but clearly  you just want draft picks and losing  

so I guess next it is the trainers or the doctor fault because marky got hurt  or ferland concussions issues , or pot city for trymakin leaving  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I don't.  Again, Hughes fell onto his lap and if he didn't Benning would've been canned by now as this team would be @#$%^&.  Benning, like the over priced plugs he signed, was brought in to turn this organization around prospect wise and he did.  Now we need management to take this team to the next level, something I truly believe Benning is incapable of.  And no one outside of Canuck fans think Green is a sub par coach.  Confused emojis are for the weak, 'I disagree with this post so I must downvote!'

It is known.

Sure pal. You are just another poster like the rest of us and no matter how loud you scream you are correct, it doesn't make it so.

Benning has built up the prospect pool for the Canucks better than it has ever been.

Your rant looks exactly the same as those on hfcanucks.  Hmmm......

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sure pal. You are just another poster like the rest of us and no matter how loud you scream you are correct, it doesn't make it so.

Benning has built up the prospect pool for the Canucks better than it has ever been.

Your rant looks exactly the same as those on hfcanucks.  Hmmm......

True, we have the best prospect pool I can ever remember.  But we already traded one away.  How many more will JB sacrifice to dump the crap contracts we have?  How many of these excellent prospects will actually be playing fir other teams?  Remember McCann?  

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Lazurus said:

Might as well have this thought expressed.

The team is a mess off the ice and a bit on the ice too.

Handcuffed with declining players with huge contracts with term and clauses.

Even though there is Horvat, Boeser, Hughes and Petersson that is not enough.

The cap situation is horrible even if the team had 20 million to spend they are in deep in another season.

The Seattle expansion is a great time if the team has cap space to trade for good players and if they have protection space.

After 6 years of whatever this group is struggling to make the playoffs, Markstrom is the primary reason they are even close but he was hiding a bunch of other problems by stealing so many games.

Other teams have rebuilt their prospect pools, have doubled or tripled their 1rst and 2nd round picks and been very entertaining and competitive in less than two years so it is not impossible.

Maybe they jettison Eriksson, Sutter, Beagle, Ferland (LTIR), Roussel and Baertschi. Maybe even Boeser. They will lose prospects hopefully "B" prospects to do this and draft picks, again hopefully only 3rds and up but they need to get a handle on the cap and open up roster spots for YOUNG players

Moving those players gives the Canucks over 33 million in cap space and one extra protection spot maybe two if Boeser moves.

For most of these moves it would cost the Canucks but a Boeser move could be a positive, he has very good marketability and reputation as a shooter, he would fit well with Eichel, in Minnesota or with New Jersey at least I think those teams would have the most to offer in return picks, prospects or both. Minnesota might want a center but that is not all they need, they are an team full of aging stars. To think that they would only trade for only one player is not reasonable, teams need many positons or to upgrade.

There will be some good UFA's available, younger or just fill ins for a season without clauses so they could be dealt at the TDL.

Sutter, Roussel, Baertschi and Beagle would not take much to move, maybe even just retention. Packaging up some of these players using retention and "B" prospects could get draft picks back.

The story here is rebuilding through the draft and doing it by increasing the number of 1rst round draft picks as each one equals a year of rebuilding.

This is not a total blowing up either but definitely shedding salary and setting up for two years from now as the target to not only try but succeed in getting to the playoffs by then Petersson and Hughes will have it figured out Horvat will be the new Miller and Miller and Pearson will be near the end of their prime but still effective, Gaudette will be the third line center, the team will know if Hoglander and what's left of the prospects can play in the NHL.

Playing lots of young guys hasn't killed Columbus, Colorado or the New York Rangers

IMO and I agree opinions are like A**h*s, everyone has one, but IF this happened and there was a solid statement like "we are going for the cup" or "in two years the team is not just a contender for a playoff spot" 

Okay, burn me, I know no topic that has anything to do with change is not rejected and ridiculed, but it is an opinion and now step up the "should not be thread", "you are a hater", "you are just trolling", "dimwit","you know nothing", "you are not a fan", the posters that actually believe everything is wonderful, perfect and planning the parade(s).:lol:

But think on it, IF they did, how bad could it be? Another 3 years?

Even with the bad contracts, we're fine. 

We have just over 16 mil. coming off the books and a projected cap raise of, at least, 3 mil. totalling 19 and change.

Imo, the keepers are Toffoli, Virtanen, Macewen, Stetcher, and Gaudette.

I'm all for letting Tanev, Motte, and Fantenberg walk.

Tanev has had a great run in a Vancouver uniform but I feel a change is needed on the blue line.

Motte has filled in admirably but Macewen has shown he belongs and space must be made.

Fantenberg, again, has filled in and done a good job but it's time to make aforementioned changes to our dcore. 

The one ufa I'd really like JB to go after aggressively is Joel Edmonson, Big, physical, defensively minded, and is showing he can put up some offence. I think he'd be a good fit with Tyler Myers who would be able to play a little more to his skillset in the offensive zone.

Although I've carried on a bit, my point is that, as rfa's come up, contracts will be ending. 

I see no reason to worry.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, Lazurus said:

The cap situation is horrible even if the team had 20 million to spend they are in deep in another season.

The Seattle expansion is a great time if the team has cap space to trade for good players and if they have protection space.

After 6 years of whatever this group is struggling to make the playoffs, Markstrom is the primary reason they are even close but he was hiding a bunch of other problems by stealing so many games.

Other teams have rebuilt their prospect pools, have doubled or tripled their 1rst and 2nd round picks and been very entertaining and competitive in less than two years so it is not impossible.

Maybe they jettison Eriksson, Sutter, Beagle, Ferland (LTIR), Roussel and Baertschi. Maybe even Boeser. They will lose prospects hopefully "B" prospects to do this and draft picks, again hopefully only 3rds and up but they need to get a handle on the cap and open up roster spots for YOUNG players

Moving those players gives the Canucks over 33 million in cap space and one extra protection spot maybe two if Boeser moves.

For most of these moves it would cost the Canucks but a Boeser move could be a positive, he has very good marketability and reputation as a shooter, he would fit well with Eichel, in Minnesota or with New Jersey at least I think those teams would have the most to offer in return picks, prospects or both. Minnesota might want a center but that is not all they need, they are an team full of aging stars. To think that they would only trade for only one player is not reasonable, teams need many positons or to upgrade.

There will be some good UFA's available, younger or just fill ins for a season without clauses so they could be dealt at the TDL.

Sutter, Roussel, Baertschi and Beagle would not take much to move, maybe even just retention. Packaging up some of these players using retention and "B" prospects could get draft picks back.

The story here is rebuilding through the draft and doing it by increasing the number of 1rst round draft picks as each one equals a year of rebuilding.

This is not a total blowing up either but definitely shedding salary and setting up for two years from now as the target to not only try but succeed in getting to the playoffs by then Petersson and Hughes will have it figured out Horvat will be the new Miller and Miller and Pearson will be near the end of their prime but still effective, Gaudette will be the third line center, the team will know if Hoglander and what's left of the prospects can play in the NHL.

Playing lots of young guys hasn't killed Columbus, Colorado or the New York Rangers

IMO and I agree opinions are like A**h*s, everyone has one, but IF this happened and there was a solid statement like "we are going for the cup" or "in two years the team is not just a contender for a playoff spot" 

Okay, burn me, I know no topic that has anything to do with change is not rejected and ridiculed, but it is an opinion and now step up the "should not be thread", "you are a hater", "you are just trolling", "dimwit","you know nothing", "you are not a fan", the posters that actually believe everything is wonderful, perfect and planning the parade(s).:lol:

First off Ferland is not part of the cap problem. He's an under 30 power forward with tons of playoff experience and is a proven 40 point player that hits hard and fights. His concussion situation is either retire or he gets healthy and the Canucks get him back. If he can't get healthy his cap hit is gone and he retires. It's not even affecting them right now as he's on LTIR. As for your concern for the core. Pettersson, Horvat, Hughes, Boeser is enough and lets give Brock a season to see if he can play 82 games healthy or stay relatively healthy and not have to be playing while dealing with his father having a stroke. You don't just trade a 23 year old forward like Boeser because of some injuries and one off year. You're also forgetting Virtanen, Gaudette, MacEwen, Motte in that future core mix and I'm sure Benning wants to keep them as they're all having solid breakout seasons. (Especially Virtanen and Gaudette offensively). They're all young pending RFAs, have upside, and play the aggressive style this team is building. Add in J.T Miller, T.Pearson, and T.Myers to that mix who are all only 27, 28, and 30 respectively, and all locked up beyond this season. And you need to do more research on our prospects. Besides the future core I just talked about, we still have even younger players showing alot of promise on the way in Podkolzin, Hoglander, Lind, Gadjovich, Jasek, Palmu, L.Karlsson, McDonough, Focht, Rafferty, Rathbone, Tryamkin, Woo, Utunen, DiPietro, Silovs. If L.Eriksson and Sutters contracts weren't here than no one would say anything about Roussel or Beagle especially since Roussel and Beagle are actually beneficial. This team just needs to get healthy and come together and they can compete now. And they can definitely do it next season. They're not 3 years away. The list for the off-season should be...

Dump Erikssons contract.

Re-sign UFAs: Markstrom, Toffoli, Stecher, Leivo, Domingue, Graovac

Re-sign RFAs: Virtanen, Gaudette, MacEwen, Motte, Ju.Bailey, Brisebois, Chatfield, F.Perron

Release UFAs: C.Tanev, Fantenberg, Bachman

Release RFAs: Goldobin, Boucher, Sautner, Pope

If Ferland retires or stays on LTIR than keep Roussel. Otherwise if Ferland comes back than trade Roussel for a pick or two picks.

Trade Baertschi and a 4th for a 6th

Trade Sutter at 25 percent retained for a conditional 5th

Trade Demko to Detroit for a 2nd, a 4th, and a prospect.

Sign Lockwood to an ELC.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Ferland or Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen/Leivo

Hughes-UFA/RFA/Prospect

Edler-Rafferty

Tryamkin-Stecher

Jo.Benn-UFA/RFA/Prospect

Markstrom

Domingue

• Wat 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

True, we have the best prospect pool I can ever remember.  But we already traded one away.  How many more will JB sacrifice to dump the crap contracts we have?  How many of these excellent prospects will actually be playing fir other teams?  Remember McCann?  

We used to have the best pool I can remember, now it's back to average already (EP and QH playing young NHL stars)...

I have similar concerns.  Which is why I'd rather just take our medicine and let the remaining place holders contracts run out - we need who's left to replace them otherwise we'd be right back to free agency to plug the roster holes and the cycle continues.   It's ok if we miss the playoffs next year - or even two more years if that's part of it.  

Noticed some posters thinking the cap will go up.  Well we can forget about that if fans get sent home like in SJ this month because of the cvirus.   Factually the cap might go down as a result.   TT needs to sign here to replace Madden's loss, otherwise that's all it is - a loss.  That said only if the cap hit is palatable and we can afford him plus EP and QH the following year.   Wouldn't want to be the guy making the hard decisions...there will be some for sure. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 2:38 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Some bold moves would be:

Trade Brock and Stecher to Minny for Dumba.

Keep Toffoli(5-6m) around to take Brock's spot.

Re-sign Tanev or let him walk and try to Sign Barrie...had to add it as JB has liked him in the past

Dump wasted cap hits in: LoserSSon(6m), Sutter(4+m), Sven(3+m). Yes have to add assets to clear that out but thats near 13.5m. That's Marky and Barrie potentially

Fire the Assistant coaches and bring in a solid veteran D coach who has had success. Find a new PP coach and move on from Newell Brown

JB drops GM title, Brackett gets the big promotion, JB remains involved with scouting. 

I agree with everything except how about Gaudette and Stecher for Dumba and a 4th. Or Boeser and Stecher for Dumba and a 2nd.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, Lazurus said:

Animated GIF

On March 17, 2020 at 7:09 PM, ZH96 said:

I agree with everything except how about Gaudette and Stecher for Dumba and a 4th. Or Boeser and Stecher for Dumba and a 2nd.

rather try and trade dumba to the sens for the Sharks pick + prospect 

cause we don't need a pmd , we need a josh Manson or Shea Weber type. 

Ship prospect and next years first to the ducks for Manson. 

Adding the the sharks pick could land us a forward as valuable as Brock or maybe another D man falls to us ha 

a top top four of 

hughes Manson 

edler myers 

has size and meanness  

7 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Adding the the sharks pick could land us a forward as valuable as Brock or maybe another D man falls to us ha 

a top top four of 

hughes Manson 

edler myers 

has size and meanness  

Dumba is a mean D man who can also move the puck and is a swift skater. He's physical and always looks for the big hit and closing the gap quick. Look up his hit highlìghts especially the ones on P.Kane and Kerfoot for example. Why not get a mean D man that also shown he can put up 50 points as Dumba has. Plus he's quite young still.

9 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

a top top four of 

hughes Manson 

edler myers 

has size and meanness  

What team other than Montreal doesn't need Shea Weber?

11 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Dumba is a mean D man who can also move the puck and is a swift skater. He's physical and always looks for the big hit and closing the gap quick. Look up his hit highlìghts especially the ones on P.Kane and Kerfoot for example. Why not get a mean D man that also shown he can put up 50 points as Dumba has. Plus he's quite young still.

I like Dumba but we have Myers and Myers can handle the big guys infront of the net. 

Dumba would be the perfect guy for edler but edler is getting any younger.....

We need a partner for Hughes and dumba isn't that imho. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2020 at 2:59 PM, RowdyCanuck said:

I like Dumba but we have Myers and Myers can handle the big guys infront of the net. 

Dumba would be the perfect guy for edler but edler is getting any younger.....

We need a partner for Hughes and dumba isn't that imho. 

The team also has Tryamkin for size.

It is draft picks this team still needs, top forwards that will be here and really good for the next 8 years.

I can see Horvat getting moved, it has to be getting to him that he has never been on a winning team in 6 years, well the one exception 5 years ago.

The covid shutdown may force the team to blow it up, all those LTIR's are healthy now and that puts the team 7+ mil over the cap, that is a lot of players to put through waivers or bury in the "imaginary" minors. And they will still be signed for next year too, most of them.

Benning has been very vague on how he plans to deal with the cap, he has been vague about how he is going to recoup the team's draft picks, it seems a lot of lip service with no guidance out of the fog, if anything is seems like creating more fog than clarity.

Boeser could help the team out of the cap problems quite a bit although a return of draft picks should be preferable both for the (cap) now and the future.