The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

20 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I think 2009-2010 was the best top-6:

D. Sedin (29G, 85 PT in 63 GP) - H. Sedin (29G, 112 pts) - A. Burrows (35G, 67 pts)

Raymond (25G, 53 pts) - Kesler (25 G, 75 pts) - Samuelsson (30G, 53 pts)

Art-Ross winning 1st line center in Henrik. If Daniel wasn't injured, he would've been closer to 35 goals himself as well. Everyone on the top 6 with atleast 25 goals each. A 35 goals burrows and a 30 goal Samuelsson to boot. They scored a lot of goals that year as a team and only Washington scored at a higher rate than the Canucks that season.

In 2011 we had 2 players with 41 goals but burrows only had 26 goals and Henrik dropped below 20. Both Samuelsson and Raymond didn't hit the 20 goal mark as well and I always thought the top 6 production overall actually dropped in our historical 2011 season.

I know it's not good to look back into the past too much but my god, those days were amazing.. can't wait for them to be back

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

i scratch my head when people say this.

I cant imagine a scenario where a team rep/manager/coach goes up to the player and says " yeah brock i know you are still in pain and the dr says you need 3 more weeks, but we think you need to suit up because we are in a playoff position fight, so get your gear ready"

does that sort of dictatorship form of management exist?  honestly asking here...

No. In the end it’s up to the player. Pain or no pain. Players play through it all the time. The real question is, will he be effective when he is back tonight? We will see. 

I sure hope so! :canucks: :towel:

• Cheers 1

QH needs to play better. Been fighting something, maybe a cold. Having been his usual self since Habs game.  When he is not on, the team suffers too. PP not as good etc. 

QHs play will be a bigger boost than BB return I think.  Regardless, just win.  

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

No. In the end it’s up to the player. Pain or no pain. Players play through it all the time. The real question is, will he be effective when he is back tonight? We will see. 

I sure hope so! :canucks: :towel:

Boeser himself said he will be taking shorter shifts,  since he hasn't played in a month he could be out of breath easily, but hey you got to start somewhere, excited to see him back

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Miller-EP-Toffoli

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen

Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser

Motte/MacEwan-Sutter-Eriksson

No sense rushing Brock too soon. Get him some more sheltered minutes and let him get his legs and timing back.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Roussell Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Macewan 

That's as healthiest the forward group will be this year, ferland and leivo are done.

I'd like to see what that top 9 can get going during this playoff battle.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, nzan said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is the most complete Top 6 the Canucks have ever had.

I know that seems ridiculous, but I don't know if the Canucks have ever had 6 legitimate Top 6 players on the top two lines since I started watching in '82.

Even 2011 we had maybe 5, the year prior maybe 6...I would count Raymond in 2010 but not in 2011.

I'd agree with you. I hope we find a way to retain Toffoli, I'd like this to stick. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Roussell Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Macewan 

That's as healthiest the forward group will be this year, ferland and leivo are done.

I'd like to see what that top 9 can get going during this playoff battle.

Was going to post the same thing.  That should be our lineup for the rest of the year barring injury.  

• Upvote 2