The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Roussell Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Macewan 

That's as healthiest the forward group will be this year, ferland and leivo are done.

I'd like to see what that top 9 can get going during this playoff battle.

Green will never scratch little things

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Feeling a lot of positivity. I'm hoping for a huge week from this team. We need to outplay Calgary the rest of the way and I absolutely think this team is capable of it.

If we get on a decent run we still have a good chance at the 3rd division spot. Whoever is in 2nd is beatable in the first round. 

The run starts tonight with Boeser back!

• Cheers 2

I suspect that once Motte or Beagle comes back, MacEwen will be the extra. Once they both come back, maybe then Loui will be in the press box, while MacEwen goes back to Utica.

I just can't see Loui showing up for Canucks training camp next season. I sure hope Benning has a plan for him.  

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

No. In the end it’s up to the player. Pain or no pain. Players play through it all the time. The real question is, will he be effective when he is back tonight? We will see. 

I sure hope so! :canucks: :towel:

Yeah

He has been out since Feb and was struggling before that

Why not put him in a Utica game to get his conditioning game up to speed and, see how he holds up and performs?

What if he takes a few shifts and puts us down a  forward in an important game?

18 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Green will never scratch little things

Just now, Alflives said:

Green did for a while at the start of the season.  Direction from above now forcing 

Green’s hand? 

Forcing Greens hands to scratch little things should be some sort of sexual abuse.

Wait, what are we talking about?

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am hoping Hughes is over whatever seemed to be bothering him the last few games. He still looked good but not as dynamic and seemed a lot more concerned about taking a hit. He was clearly not 100% the last few games. 

Agreed a definite mystery injury is hampering him.

Shows the kind of heart and character he has to play through it though, at this time of year. he's all about winning (calder + playoffs)

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why would Benning want Eriksson in? To increase trade value?

Maybe it’s coming from Aquilini?  I remember JB saying asking Aquilini for permission to send Gagne to the minors was the most difficult thing he’s done here.  Maybe Aquilini is saying he wants Loui playing because of his six million dollar contract?  We will never know, of course.  

Playing Boeser seems to me to be a panic type move, he hasn't had practices.

Is this just a PR move to sell out the arena? I can't see him being very effective and I would be concerned he isn't in good enough shape to avoid a big hit.

A PR move because they also say Markstrom is skating, adding more hope for the fans.

Both teams are a point out but Lamoriello teams don't quit.

Should be a close game, both teams will be playing to get a point so maybe another SLLLLOOOOOWWWW no hitter again.

While both teams need 2 points they must get at least one.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

only person that deserves go out on a stretcher is boychuk

I’ll never forget him taking out Raymond in the finals away from the play and no suspension, not even a penalty. :picard:

Raymond ended up going out in that stretcher and was out for rest of the playoffs. :angry:

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1