Sign in to follow this  
Templeton Peck

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:
10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why would Benning want Eriksson in? To increase trade value?

Maybe it’s coming from Aquilini?  I remember JB saying asking Aquilini for permission to send Gagne to the minors was the most difficult thing he’s done here.  Maybe Aquilini is saying he wants Loui playing because of his six million dollar contract?  We will never know, of course.  

Benning, the stuff is on the wall, he has to show Eriksson was not a total waste of air, millions and is an effective playoff player (NOT).

Of course JB has to ask if he can bury his mistakes in the minors, it was millions of dollars wasted away. That is why all things done this season scream that this is the final chance for him. Besides over 8 mil in the minors?

Looking at the last 6 games we have only scored more then 2 goals twice in a game. 1 game we won and the other we lost and let in 5 goals. JT has 8 points and Petey 6 points in those games so they are not the problem. Other then the good game from the Gaud/Rouss/Mac line and Pearson's empty netter, we have almost nothing for secondary scoring.

Bo and Pearson are 3rd and 5th in scoring on this team. They need to be secondary scoring! Yes they play a shutdown role but they need Boes or Jake to make them that legitimate offensive threat.

I know he has BB penciled in the top six but he does have a tendency to change things up midway through a game, especially if BB is a little rusty.

LE is a shutdown guy, I get it, then make a shutdown line from all of your overpriced veteran guys or bring in younger guys if they are unable to do the job.

We have offensive/defensive guys in Miller, Pearson, Toffoli , Bo and Jake and they don't need LE 's help. Boes is top 6 and if he is a little rusty, theres Jake.

I am afraid he is going to do what he did prior to BB getting injured, moving either Jake or BB to the 3rd line and leaving LE on the 2nd line.

I sure hope that we have seen the last of LE in the Top 6 on this team. GCG!!!:canucks:

59 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It is when you put on skates and glide on an ice or synthetic surface. Scotch is not recommended but is optional ;)

We talk about scotch so much on CDC...every friggin topic on here has some form of scotch talk in it one way or another lol....thanks Alf! 

• Haha 2

With Loui, if you were paying him $6,000,000 a year, would you bury him in the minors? Or would you try to get as much out of him as possible to help facilitate a trade? I can understand the Aqualini's wanting Loui playing because they're paying him a lot of money to play. Benning has to somehow unload Loui and his contract, but that's not an easy thing to do if he's not willing to give up a 1st and/or 2nd, or prospects such as Rathbone, Woo, Podkolzin and Hoglander. So, Loui plays. At least he's not terrible, he's just not worth $6MM. The team needs better defensive play from its players, Loui is pretty good at that.     

Hopefully this is the turning point for us. Hopefully ep can start playing better now with Boeser back. 

Got to think Green continues with Toffoli on Pearson's line to start the game:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Roussel - Gaudette - MacKewan

Motte - Sutter - Eriksson

I don't think Boeser will be ready for top line minutes and the chemistry won't be there (wasn't really there before he was injured) but Toffoli and Pearson were wrecking balls in the few minutes they were together at the end of the CBJ game, let's try to keep them together and roll two top lines. Forget about having a defensive 2nd line, Horvat can go head-to-head with any other top line and all 3 can play well defensively, but more importantly they can score some goals and hem opposing team's top lines in their defensive zone, not to mention knock them around and wear them down.

Yes! Boeser is back.

Looks like he'll be playing with Pearson and Horvat

• Like 2

On the radio, Boeser was practicing on Horvat's line. 

Also mentioned that Motte may be injured.

So maybe...

Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

JV - Sutter - Eriksson

16 minutes ago, rotiman187 said:

Hopefully this is the turning point for us. Hopefully ep can start playing better now with Boeser back. 

According to Green, we are (and have been) playing well.  He keeps saying the guys are playing well with the confines of his systems and philosophy of play.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Maybe it’s coming from Aquilini?  I remember JB saying asking Aquilini for permission to send Gagne to the minors was the most difficult thing he’s done here.  Maybe Aquilini is saying he wants Loui playing because of his six million dollar contract?  We will never know, of course.  

Real reason...

LE: Hey Jim.  I'm sick of being scratched.  Put me in.

JB: Sorry Louie, I'm not the coach.

LE: Put me in for the rest of the season and I'll retire.

JB: Travis!!!  Put LE in all remaining games.

:bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tbh im happy i get to watch this race go down watching these games u become so emotionally invested its crazy its great to be a fan right now....do u think all the other teams were in the chase with are just giving up on there team naw.... its been a few years since weve been this close to a playoff birth enjoy this s*** instead of beeing a pathetic bandwagon fan 

“sips tea” 

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Got to think Green continues with Toffoli on Pearson's line to start the game:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Motte - Sutter - Eriksson

Why would you bench Jake?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Why would you bench Jake?

He’s predicting what Green will do.  He forgot the double shifting of Loui though.  

3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

If Canucks win make sure to post this in PGT ,

+100 guaranteed 

• Haha 2
  • Burr 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He’s predicting what Green will do.  He forgot the double shifting of Loui though.  

You mean playing him in the top six for a couple of shifts before giving Virtanen those minutes?

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You mean playing him in the top six for a couple of shifts before

That's still a couple of shifts too many.:P

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You're one of my favourite posters here but this I have to disagree with you on. Aquilini doesn't care about 6 mill... The Canucks are about pride to him. He makes plenty of money in development and is only concerned about the team winning a cup and bringing it to its rightful home, Vancouver. 

He just wants the team to win. He let's the GM do his job and the coach to do his. He just signs the cheques.

Hes a good owner. Let's not go out doubting him. 

• Hydration 2

Aqua - So Jim, you signed Eriksson for $36 million over 6 years

Jim - Yes

Aqua - Make it work

Jim - I'll talk to Travis

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Aqua - So Jim, you signed Eriksson for $36 million over 6 years

Jim - Yes

Aqua - Make it work

Jim - I'll talk to Travis

This is pretty much it. And he's right to do that.

Aqua didn't get rich by throwing away money.