Sign in to follow this  
Templeton Peck

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think we win trying to match a defensive game vs Trots. I'd like to see Zack in and sit Loui tonight. NYI has a few big bodies and i'd like to see Zack throw his weight around. 

I think Motte is in if healthy. Pretty sure Jake is on the 3rd line. I do think Green wants the 4th as a strictly defensive line so my money would be on Mac sitting and LE slotting in there. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not sure its that big of a deal, I suspect Brock isn't going to see a ton of minutes tonight. I do think him being on PP2 might turn out to be a great idea, he should get more chances facing other teams 2nd PK units, so that might be a way of generating some more offence. 

 

 

Toffoli reunited with Pearson on one line and a rusty Brock back with his linemates seems too obvious to me.

 

Well at least Loui to this hour has been removed from the top six.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 6string said:

Toffoli reunited with Pearson on one line and a rusty Brock back with his linemates seems too obvious to me.

 

Well at least Loui to this hour has been removed from the top six.

 

 

 

 

 

Green is making it an easier switch to put Loui up with Bo.  I can see Loui being double shifts.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Toffoli reunited with Pearson on one line and a rusty Brock back with his linemates seems too obvious to me.

 

Well at least Loui to this hour has been removed from the top six.

 

 

 

 

 

Getting really tired of the LE top six argument, he had the least ice time of any player last game even though he played PK. (Not pointing your post our, just a recurring theme...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

MUST...WIN.

is Brock back?

Does a bear $&!# in the woods ? 

  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-P said:

Getting really tired of the LE top six argument, he had the least ice time of any player last game even though he played PK. (Not pointing your post our, just a recurring theme...)

Did Loui play any shifts with Bo?  Yes.  That’s Loui in the top six, right?  It’s not the number of shifts, or minutes played.  It’s the message it sends to the rest of the team.  Jake plays great, and is demoted.  Loui plays terrible, and is prompted.  Guys want the best chance to win.  It’s pretty obvious our top young players are frustrated.  IMO they are losing confidence in their coach’s ability to make the tough decisions.  

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J-P said:

Getting really tired of the LE top six argument, he had the least ice time of any player last game even though he played PK. (Not pointing your post our, just a recurring theme...)

Do a friiggin article on it.

 

I wouldn't read it though.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John.Tallhouse said:

Does a bear $&!# in the woods ? 

Who doesn’t?  :towel:It’s a lot safer to use the woods, than a public washroom.  

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Sedinery 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right telethon night.  Should be a big night for that, lot of people watching from home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alflives said:

Who doesn’t?  :towel:It’s a lot safer to use the woods, than a public washroom.  

:metal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 6string said:

Do a friiggin article on it.

 

I wouldn't read it though.

If we lose again tonight, I wonder if Aquilini will call for a coaching change?  Is it too late?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did Loui play any shifts with Bo?  Yes.  That’s Loui in the top six, right?  It’s not the number of shifts, or minutes played.  It’s the message it sends to the rest of the team.  Jake plays great, and is demoted.  Loui plays terrible, and is prompted.  Guys want the best chance to win.  It’s pretty obvious our top young players are frustrated.  IMO they are losing confidence in their coach’s ability to make the tough decisions.  

I would guess Jake wants his 24 shifts and 14 mins of ice time over LE 13 shifts and under 10 mins. The numbers also clearly indicates LE is out if Beagle returns before any more injuries. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If we lose again tonight, I wonder if Aquilini will call for a coaching change?  Is it too late?  

Off season lynching....

 

He must turn it around tonight, three losses in a four game homestand will not go over well here in this city.

 

14 games to go, if you blow this one you will need outside help too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we lose again tonight, I wonder if Aquilini will call for a coaching change?  Is it too late?  

It’s an interesting thought. My guess would be Green is replaced in the off-season if we miss the playoffs, but if for instance they see Gallant as a long term fit you can definitely make a case for it to happen now if we lose this one. Making the playoffs this year is a vital step. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we lose again tonight, I wonder if Aquilini will call for a coaching change?  Is it too late?  

I think it’s too late, maybe aquaman has an eye on someone who is not yet available and is waiting for the end of regular season butchers bill. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.