The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

Just now, King Heffy said:

Anyone would think we were losing.

Is because the way they are playing defensively is not sustainable. You can't expect to win giving up grade A chance after grade A chance. So fans are frustrated because its been a reoccurring theme. No lessons learned. Just do the same bad play over and over and expect different results.  At some point you need to learn from your mistakes. Honestly maybe they should just slap the puck down the ice if they don't want to play good, sound defense.

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Frustrating. Demko did make some good saves in the 2nd. Did not like that 2nd goal he let in and that 3rd....the NYI had no where to go. All he has to do is hug the left post.

The Canucks overall played a good period.

Stecher and Roussel were very good. The 1st line was good. Hughes makes crazy good tape to tape passes.

Hopefully the Canucks can pull out a win and avoid any more mistakes.

Edit; and a goal lol

If he had 6 decent Dmen, it would probably help! Geesh!

1 minute ago, whcanuck said:

Man I just do not like how Vancouver plays in its own zone. I see what you guys mean about it being too passive. It’s almost played like a PK. It’s 5 on 5, everyone just take a man and force him, take away time and space. Play physical.

I think what impresses me about their defensive play when they are humming is the quickness to the puck and the 2-3 short passes to get to the open areas and evade the forecheck. That almost makes the passivity moot. I find that they have been jamming it up the boards more than anything, which is predictable and easier to defend.

But agree that they just need to be aggressive and play more of a zone, instead of trying to play man-to-man.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Is because the way they are playing defensively is not sustainable. You can't expect to win giving up grade A chance after grade A chance. So fans are frustrated because its been a reoccurring theme. No lessons learned. Just do the same bad play over and over and expect different results.  At some point you need to learn from your mistakes. Honestly maybe they should just slap the puck down the ice if they don't want to play good, sound defense.

Not crazy about it either but I'm trying to enjoy the game without not crapping over our entire team.  We made a mistake, Bo got us the lead back. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They happen.  He's also made a ton of big saves tonight to bail out the team, especially on the 5 on 3.  Good to see Bo bail him out and get it right back.  That's what winning teams do.

Does making some big saves in a game mean it is okay to give up at least one soft goal per game?  If so, stop making those saves and just make all those you are supposed to save!

3 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Can someone explain to me how our soloution on D is a dude who bailed on us and is playing in the KHL

He's mean, can throw his weight around extremely well, and can stand up for our young guys.

IMO that's an upgrade and he can slot in on that bottom LD slot.

• Cheers 1