The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

52 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

4 games against bottom feeding Pacific teams should be 4 easy wins (but won't be for this team), the other 8 are against tough Playoff teams (2 against Arizona). If we win the winable ones we just need to go .500 to get 8/12 wins which should be enough for the playoffs.

Problem is that this team has excelled against top teams and struggled against bad teams.

There is no easy games and I hope the team doesn’t think the way you do. It won’t be easy to roll over the California teams. I’ve watched a bunch of LA games lately and there going down fighting and if you take a look you’ll see they’ve won 6 in a row. Ducks will play hard too. Canucks need a sense of urgency and need to outwork there opponent’s for the whole 60 minutes. Get pucks to the net and stop trying to make 5 passes to setup the perfect play. It’s amazing how many goals you score just by throwing the puck on goal. The Canucks team can still make the playoffs but they better be ready to go every night. 

Update

CGY:  79 pts 12GR: NYI, WPG, NYR, NYI, NJD, TB, SJS, ANA, VAN, WPG, VGK, EDM
VAN: 76pts 14GR: NYI, ARI, COL, WPG, TB, ANA,LAK, VGK, SJS, CGY,ANA,DAL, ARI, VGK
NSH: 76pts 14GR:  MTL, TOR, CBJ, MIN,COL,PHI, CHI, WPG,LAK,ARI, COL, MTL, PHI, MIN
WPG: 78pts 12GR: EDM, CGY, VAN, FLA, MIN, DAL,NSH,COL, VGK, CGY, COL, ARI
ARI: 74pts 12GR: VAN, NYR, DAL, VGK, DET,LAK, VGK,NSH, SJS, COL, VAN, WPG
MIN: 77pts 13GR:  ANA, VGK, PHI, NSH, CHI, CHI, WPG, COL, NJD, BUF, STL, NYI, WSH, NSH

ARI =  1 WPG, 1 NSH, 2 VAN:  Most points they can get= 10pts,OTL= 5pts
NSH= 2 MIN, 1 WPG, 1 ARI: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
WPG= 1 ARI, 2 CGY, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
MIN= 2 NSH, 1 WPG: Most pts they can get= 6pts, OTL= 3pts
CGY=  2 WPG, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 6pts, OTL= 3pts
VAN = 2 ARI, 1WPG, 1 CGY: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts

ARI MAX = 84pts, ARI MID = 79pts, ARI LOW=74pts GR= 9
CGY MAX= 85pts, CGY MID = 82pts, CGY LOW= 79pts GR= 9
NSH MAX= 82pts, NSH MID= 78pts, NSH LOW= 76pts GR= 10
WPG MAX= 86pts, WPG MID= 82pts, WPG LOW= 78pts GR= 6
MIN MAX= 83pts, MIN MID= 80pts, MIN LOW= 77pts GR= 11
VAN MAX= 84pts, VAN MIN= 79pts, Van Low= 76pts GR= 10

Current Standings:

CGY- 79 points- 12GR * playoff spot

WPG- 78 points- 12GR * playoff spot

MIN- 77 points- 13GR * playoff spot

VAN- 76 points- 14GR

NSH- 76 Points- 14GR

ARI- 74Points- 12GR

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, are you talking about the NBA champions? Great example to try an slam Green. :picard:

I am not trying to slam Green, I don't have enough hockey knoledge to do so, but I trying to understand how coach Nurse motivates his troops to give 110% every game, and if coach Green can do the same, that's all

4 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I am not trying to slam Green, I don't have enough hockey knoledge to do so, but I trying to understand how coach Nurse motivates his troops to give 110% every game, and if coach Green can do the same, that's all

Try reading without typing then.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Better make the Playoffs. Need a miracle.

I've found myself starting to get superstitious game days lately...you know avoiding ladders and mirrors...wondering if I should get my kids to wear my 94 western conference finals t-shirt (it's a gift that won't fit).  Broke my Canucks mug this year and my hot/cold carry mug too...penance has been paid by now I'd think. 

One thing i will say is this epic fail is going to end up near the top ten worst Canuck moments for me without a miracle.   

1. 94

2. 2011

3. Keenan/Messier

4. Bure leaving

5. Naslund injury 

6. Moore incident (ok that could be the same thing but at the time I felt it was our best shot at a cup with that team - now no Bertuzzi too)

7.  Otto kicked it in

8.  MIN comeback 

9.  McSorley/Brashear

10. MG contracts ruining chance of a getting loads of picks for us 

Honourable mentions.  Well let's just say I could find one for each of the 49 season's so far (lock-out means next year is our actual 50th season).  

11. Lidstrom scoring from center ice in 2002.

12. Neely

13. McLean backing up Ricther

14. Losing the lottery as an expansion team

15. Not signing Jovo an extension 

16. Not signing Ronning an extension 

17. Bure injured most of the time Mogilny was here 

18. New Lottery rules just when we need the old ones the most

Ok that's enough for now..

Going from 1st to? in our division this year...well let's just say it sucks major monkey balls.  And for anyone who's followed this team since the first cup final or even the second one...our "fan suffering index" is ranked at the top by THN and quite a few other writers that have delved into that sort of thing.  Two riots...hard not to understand the frustration. 

As for tonight- just win for chr!sts sake!  I will say a prayer for that miracle. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just heard the Sharks cancelled their home games - re the coronavirus.

Surprised it starts in California - would have expected Boston - New York to lead the way. Larger crowds and all.

Not that this is GCT related for tonight but........mods delete if not appropriate

16 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

Just heard the Sharks cancelled their home games - re the coronavirus.

Surprised it starts in California - would have expected Boston - New York to lead the way. Larger crowds and all.

Not that this is GCT related for tonight but........mods delete if not appropriate

I dont think they cancelled them. Just no fans allowed to go.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Jeff Paterson says Canucks have to win at least 9 out of the next 14 to ensure a playoff spot...

Dont see it happening this season folks..

I say Jeff Paterson needs to come up with one good question/statement in the next 14 to ensure he is an actual journalist

Don't see it happening....he needs to DOOOO something productive...

• Cheers 1