The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noooo! Brewmeister Smith (Max Von Sydow) has passed away, at 90

Kragar

Forget what you saw in Bill & Ted challenging "Death" to Battleship....this was the original scene  (Max playing a knight returning from the Crusades in the middle of the Black Death ravaging the world....he ends up challenging "Death" to a game of chess):

Kind of a nutty coincidence, just last night I started reading a book with Max's face on the cover (he starred in the movie version), then today when I woke up there's the email from my mom saying that he had died ... Her favourite director is Bergman so we watched a tonne of Max and the gang growing up. She also once again told me how her best friend's dad used to sell fish from his boat to Max when he'd come down to the dock. Max never paid for it, he'd always say "oh I forgot my wallet, I'll pay you next time" and give a sly wink. Free fish for Max and great advertising for that fisherman. (lots of Swedes seem to lurk CDC so I'll mention that this was down in Råå)

And although I don't really believe in any hocus-pocus type stuff, I'll still definitely be exchanging my copy of McCarthy's The Road with Viggo Mortensen's picture on it. Don't want to lose that guy as well.