The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Great win but wtf is the 3rd and overtime period? Getting destroyed in shots and chances? Lol surely saw which team wants to be in the playoff

Lol. :P Isles couldn’t even beat our backup goalie. Shooting muffins at his crest all game. 
Canucks rang a few shots off the post. Otherwise there is no overtime. 
Isles been playing worse than the Canucks right now. Maybe they’ll get their sh$t together and beat the Lames for us.

:gocan:GCG 

Edited by PistolPete13

15 minutes ago, Canadian said:

Still too sloppy with defensive zone coverage. They’ve tried Myers with every imaginable partner, and they all look awful.  But Ben and Fantenburg are #7s. I look forward to another big summer with fixing the d-core. 

If the Canucks can rid themselves of Sutter/Eriksson/Baertschi and have the exact same forward lineup as tonight (Beagle replacing Sutter), it would be great. Just an improved defense.

I think we ought to focus on locking up Marky and TT first. Hopefully one of the prospects step up and replace one of the 7’s.  

Myers is here to stay. That contract is locked in. His mobility is crap but his size and stick are next level. He just needs good coaching and more confidence. I see flashes of greatness in him. Let’s hold off for now on casting him out as the next Del Zotto/Gubranson!

• Huggy Bear 1

28 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

No, he's wondering why Vancouver is ahead of Nashville in those standings.  They both have 69 games played and both have 78 points.

The answer is because it is a mistake.  Nashville should be ahead because they have won more games in regulation (28 compared to Vancouver's 27)

25 minutes ago, Frankie77 said:

Apparently it's a mistake? I only use the score so I took their standings as the right ones but apparently it's wrong

van has won  36 games and nash has won 35  with 2 loser point 

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Lol. :P Isles couldn’t even beat our backup goalie. Shooting muffins at his crest all game. 
Canucks rang a few shots off the post. Otherwise there is no overtime. 
Isles been playing worse than the Canucks right now. Maybe they’ll get their sh$t together and beat the Lames for us.

:gocan:GCG 

lol when you are getting out shot 20-6 over the  last period + OT in a game you are deperately needing a win.. i don't think that's something to brag about... i mean losing to backup goalies vancouver knows all about that... lol 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’ve never seen so many missed interference calls in one game.

Big reason the Isles were out chancing us was because of those interference and pick plays.

Refs were calling this game with a bias theres no way they weren’t.

This was reffed like a playoff game. Isles play a heavy game and the Canucks did well to fight through their bull crap. 

This was a valuable learning experience for our utes.

• Like 1

The flak that JB received in nabbing Miller for a PO-protected 1st. Four yrs remaining, a little over 5 mill cap.

Yet the Isles roll the dice on JG Pageau(only protection top-3, lotto cond); & might have egg on their face, only 2 mos later! Even signed him to a 30 mill deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

we are on the fast track of missing the playoffs if we continue to give up 45 or more shorts, I assure you.

unfortunately that's part of green's system.. giving up lots of low percentage shots or so they say.. we are near the top of the league for shots against per game ..i don't see that as a recipe for success..

6 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Didn't get to watch the game tonight (your welcome, every time I watch they lose) but uh What happened to Tanev? 

Does Tryamkin replace him temporarily 

Please stop watching. You should start rooting for the Flames. Just for 12 games please

45 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

That’s so funny, Complain when Canucks outshoot the opposition but fail to score on their backup goalies. 
Then complain when the opposite is true. 
Can we ever be happy? Lol, a win is a win. 
Right now every point counts, so I’ll be satisfied, if it’s all the same to you. Lol lol and double lol. 

Lol opposite is true? First off they scored 4 on us not 0 1 or 2 and 2nd I'm referring to we are badly outshot in the 3rd and ot in a must win game not a recipe for success. I never even talked about the goalies in my original post. So stop picking at bones 

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thank you Demko

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Wooooooo! Canucks win! Really entertaining back and forth game. Demko was solid and gave them a chance to win. Our clutch players came in clutch again. Huge 2 points! 

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Fantenberg and Myers are terrible together.

They don't seem to read off one another very well. 

Some quick late comments.

1. I don't suppose you can ever say a goalie "stole" a win when he gives up 4 goals, but Demko was very good tonight. He really was the difference. 

2. The Canuck D-system does give up a lot of low probability shots from the outside. But tonight the Canucks gave up too many high quality chances as well (obviously). The Islanders was ahead 19-13 in high danger chances. 19 high danger chances is a big number. 

3. Fantenberg and Myers were both -3 tonight and they deserved to be. They both played the 1st and 3rd NY goals poorly. On the first goal they just failed to clear the puck despite several chances. On the third goal, Fantenberg was beaten cleanly 1-on-1 by Nelson. Myers should have been coming over hard to get in the play but instead had his hand in the air complaining to the referee about a hand pass. The play was a legitimate play. Nelson made a hand pass to himself.  Those guys struggled all night. Hope Tanev is not seriously hurt. If he is hurt, Benn will come in. (Benn has been better on the right side than on the left side.)

4. The line of EP, Toffoli and Miller was obviously very good again, generating lots of chances. 

5. Great to see Boeser back. I don't think his timing looks 100% (which is expected). Hope he gets back to 100% in terms of timing and conditioning soon. 

6. Hughes continues to be excellent, although he is a better player playing with Tanev than with anyone else.

7. Finally, good to see Edler get his 400th point (and 401st), extending his record for most career pts by a Canuck D. 

It was an exciting game and it was good to get the win. And the Canucks are still in the thick of the playoff race. MoneyPuck has them at 52% to make the playoffs. But they need to play better than they did tonight if they are going to make it. Obviously they need tighter D. 

• Cheers 1

BROCK JUST NEEDS TO GET STRONGER..the skating will come i think but if he can get stronger waist down or both it would help him when he plays in front of the net..still young so ...virt needs to be more aggressive at times also...its hard every game cause so many but if he can ramp it up when its possible he will be a factor...

The price for Tyler Toffoli keeps going up. If he keeps up his current pace for the last 13 games then some GM out there will offer him $7m x 6yrs. My guesses at the most aggressive suitors are Bergevin, Guerin and Sakic (Botterill and Poile as dark horses). Can JB afford that kind of contract?