The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Constant complaints about the refereeing gets tiresome but the third period performance by the zebras last night was absolutely atrocious. I hope their ability to work post season games depends on how their regular season performances are graded, a little accountability would be nice.

That's post-season reffing. Not good, wildly inconsistent. Good experience if we make it in. 

The effort last night was what I expect out of this team. Win/lose that game and I'm fine with the outcome as long as there is compete. I don't expect to win every game but I expect the team to show up to play. 

The team worked hard and were rewarded with two points. Both teams I thought played well. Good forecheck, smart hockey, physicality, skating with a purpose... Can't ask for more. That is a playoff game right there. Keep the train rolling.

Sadly we've seen this before and then the next 4 games we don't play that way. Hopefully they can finally stick to it this time. 

1 hour ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Constant complaints about the refereeing gets tiresome but the third period performance by the zebras last night was absolutely atrocious. I hope their ability to work post season games depends on how their regular season performances are graded, a little accountability would be nice.

The other two periods weren't much better :lol:

I mean I get it, the little hooks, holds and what probably would have been roughing etc earlier this year get called less and less the further in to the season/playoffs we get. But I counted at least three BLATANT interference non calls that Stevie Wonder would have called.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, aGENT said:

The other two periods weren't much better :lol:

I mean I get it, the little hooks, holds and what probably would have been roughing etc earlier this year get called less and less the further in to the season/playoffs we get. But I counted at least three BLATANT interference non calls that Stevie Wonder would have called.

Definitely. The interference calls were impossible to miss. Two of those were so blatant where a guy goes left, and then right to impede the player it's an absolute no brainer. It's not even one stride out of the way it's like 4.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Yes I remember Miller trade and all the fans so upset???? You have to give up something very good to get a top player back...

Great trade Jim...Grade - A

Toffoli trade was similar response?? Madden and 2nd for Toffoli a very good trade... Taffoli 30 goal guy complete player..

Great Trade Jim.. Grade A

Sign Taffoli 5 yrs x 4 yrs.. will score 30 goals... 68-74 points complete player better then Boser..

Must trade for top # 2 D man,,

Boser to NJ --- Damon Severson 25, 6'2 -- Top #2 D man) and 3rd rounder..

Tanev 30, has real history of injuries,will want 4 yrs x 4.8 million

Edler 34 - still playing big minutes but we must bring in Veteran # 2 D man..

Nobody can fill #2 D spot in system so must go get a Severson or someone equal and age must be under 27....

Remember fans have to give up a good player to get another good player...

We have wingers coming along, Podkoizon 19, Hoglander 19, Lind 21.. Boser will bring us return we need...

first off we just got Boeser back after a month, he played well, did you happen to see the fans in the stands give him a standing ovation, no I think Benning intends to keep him. the team was buzzing last night with Boeser back in the lineup. 

1 hour ago, aqua59 said:

Not a playoff team

Whatever.  Sometimes I wish we could add the middle finger as a response instead of a confused face so consider that mine (and I rarely use it).   Doesn't that mean that neither is CAL, WNP, NSH and MIN?  We've had three cycles so far in the season where we've struggled - all but this one SO FAR we've followed up with winning a bunch of games - and all three have included key injuries.  Demko has played good, even great for us during this stretch of seven games since Markstrom went down.  Every game we could have won except the OTT game.   Still won three of them.   BB is back and we still have TT, that's all the difference this team needs to turn those close losses into wins or ties (OTL etc).   

The difference between a playoff team and a bubble team is razor thin - and yes we are absolutely one them.  Go look at the goal differential - ours is better then all the teams around us - plus we have a propensity to beat the contenders/best teams in the league.  Shouldn't be encouraging the trolls who are out in force.   We aren't out

yet, my take on this year is hell yeah.  It's a team that's easy to get behind, and win or lose I'm always behind them anyways.  

Maybe your just pointing out we'd lose tie breaker to WNP?  If so maybe clarify next time as this comes across as a post trying to get an emotional reaction to me.   Dangled some bait and this is my reaction.  Confused emoji = middle finger ha ha. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Got off a plane last night from the east coast, popped into my local downtown hangout for a beer in time to catch the last of the game. 

With Boeser back in the lineup and Markstrom now skating, Toffoli producing, imo, that changes their mental game from hopeless to hopeful. Plus Demko facing so many shots, stacking the pads in that final shot to get the win ... last night was definitely a game to build on mentally to keep momentum going. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

BB is not going anywhere anytime soon. End of story

We trade for TT and visions of Parayko appear on some fans horizon.   Yeah we should give up on a guy that scored at a 40 goal pace as a rookie as was the Calder runner up.  Maybe St Louis should give up on theirs too.  Boeser will be fine - not much different then Tarasenko once he finds his grove and stays healthy - a game changer and streaky.  He's part of our young core and a weapon at that.  A few more off seasons and some man strength will change everything for him.  Wouldn't at all surprise me if he gets 50 in his prime.  Even a reduced BB was fourth in scoring league wide when he went down for R wingers.   Perhaps Neal would be better? Ha ha.  Unless the return was a treasure trove (like the Butcher deal for Mommesso - Ronning - Courtnal) forget about it and it should'nt be done.  Cool with adding TT, but not if it means BB is going somewhere else, and not if he's paid more then Miller.  He hasn't earned that.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

They won.

They played a very good game, Demko had the best of his season and pulled the game out.

Back into a playoff spot.

Next up.

WHO just declared a Pandemic, this changes things. Urging more closures

Edited by Lazurus

16 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We trade for TT and visions of Parayko appear on some fans horizon.   Yeah we should give up on a guy that scored at a 40 goal pace as a rookie as was the Calder runner up.  Maybe St Louis should give up on theirs too.  Boeser will be fine - not much different then Tarasenko once he finds his grove and stays healthy - a game changer and streaky.  He's part of our young core and a weapon at that.  A few more off seasons and some man strength will change everything for him.  Wouldn't at all surprise me if he gets 50 in his prime.  Even a reduced BB was fourth in scoring league wide when he went down for R wingers.   Perhaps Neal would be better? Ha ha.  Unless the return was a treasure trove (like the Butcher deal for Mommesso - Ronning - Courtnal) forget about it and it should'nt be done.  Cool with adding TT, but not if it means BB is going somewhere else, and not if he's paid more then Miller.  He hasn't earned that.  

The old we filled a need and now let’s destroy that. JB always said he wanted another top 6 forward before BB was injured. So he goes out and gets one and all of a sudden it’s trade BB like goal scorers grow on trees :sadno:

• Cheers 3