The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion: If you HAD to move Podkolzin....

On 5/11/2020 at 4:09 PM, NUCKER67 said:

IMO, both are generational players. I think they will be Top 10 within 2 years.

And I'd rather trade Boeser than Podkolzin. Better return, and it buys a little time before Podz gets paid the big bucks. Canucks have a lot of forward depth right now.

Top ten is still not enough for them to gain that handle...since they haven’t been tops in anything yet.   Kane has won hardware and I wouldn’t consider him generational...although he’s pretty close. - a maybe I guess.  Kessel was top ten several years in a row (4/5ish) ... does that make him generational?  BB was 4th in R wing scoring when he went down ... so yes he’d definitely get a better return then Podz.   But who replaces him?   And how with that affect EPs line?  TT - well it’s unsure if he will sign.  But it is a certainty that if we play career middle six guys with EP we shouldn’t be excepting stellar  results (and hope we look for better quality wingers once money is available - like Vegas did with Stone and Patches).    Maybe TT is the second coming of Marchand?   What’s happening in Boston is far from normal but it does show anything is possible.    Personally I think the team just needs to take a deep breath and work with what it has for the next two seasons.   Use it’s youth to replace veteran 3/4 liners that are holding us down payroll wise - and use the saved money to plug holes and provide raises. I’m grateful we shouldn’t have a top heavy team - rather a hopefully a well balanced one.   CHI hasn’t won anything since all their young star have been paid - a powerhouse disappeared in a few short years.   We do need some better quality D prospects...and an Edler replacement - we should use the next two years to see how well we do internally on that front.