The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Season Suspended

Rate this topic

53 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Still could take a year until its released

Those vaccines are being made everywhere in the world. A very small percentage of these so called vaccines actually progress to the next stage it seems. 

19 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Damn Im bored already. Guess I should cancel my SportsNet Now subscription and get Netflix.

maybe they can replay old games from the season. Shortened format. I would watch.

Some classic games from the 70s/80s please.  Especially stuff like Summit Series, Canada Cup.

48 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

it's airborne now? 

Primary transfer is respiratory droplets. Vapour. Typical lung vapour is heavier than air so it falls to the ground before reaching 6 ft of distance. This is why cafes and such in Italy have been papering over every 2nd of their tables; it mimics 6 ft of seperation.  

Dickbags who cough or sneeze may project a bit farther, but it is society's duty to kick their groins into observing what we would call "good manners".  

Is it airborne? It always has been, but it doesn't float around freely like dust or pollen, it's attached to vapour expelled from lungs.

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Some classic games from the 70s/80s please.  Especially stuff like Summit Series, Canada Cup.

I dont know. I watched a classic game over the holidays, Gretzky setting some record, and the hockey was pretty bad. LOL!

There are some good international games on youtube. including Vancouver Olympics and World Juniors..

"The Gorilla out of the Cage" Match. Canada vs Russia (no commentators)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GkG5mc0jE&t=408s

Edited by AV's Coin

19 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Primary transfer is respiratory droplets. Vapour. Typical lung vapour is heavier than air so it falls to the ground before reaching 6 ft of distance. This is why cafes and such in Italy have been papering over every 2nd of their tables; it mimics 6 ft of seperation.  

Dickbags who cough or sneeze may project a bit farther, but it is society's duty to kick their groins into observing what we would call "good manners".  

Is it airborne? It always has been, but it doesn't float around freely like dust or pollen, it's attached to vapour expelled from lungs.

ok yah, that's what I thought - not truly airborne, like you could walk into an invisible covid19 cloud

Well guys I guess it’s time to take a break . Love coming here and chatting it all up with fellow fans , but I’ll be back when hockey is back . Time to get my icu training done.

Go canucks go always pceeee.

LE and sutter can &^@# off still

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, in light of there being no Hockey, Basketball, Baseball and now no Disneyland either, I've decided to try taking up knitting with my own back hair.

Anyone have any other weird hobbies they are hoping to cultivate??? 

:)

I have a feeling that job jar in the kitchen is going to be front and center for the next while.. 

- sigh - 

• Haha 1

shorten the regular season or shorten the playoffs; one thing they certainly can’t do is delay the scheduled start date of the 2020-2021 season.

Every option should be  on the table. 

Best case scenario is a Delay of two weeks: the season resumes and the regular season  and playoffs are completed as usual. To cover the late start to summer, training camp is between 1-2 weeks shorter with a later start date. 2020 Season resumes as scheduled. 

Second Scenario would be that the delay is longer than 2 weeks limiting either the regular season schedule or the playoffs schedule. Which one do you make shorter? If the playoffs are shortened to 5 game series the lost time is recovered and teams get the chance to fight to get into the playoffs. Ultimately the NHL season plays out in the normal way. 

the next worst scenario is an interruption of more than a month. In this case, things start to get really interesting.