Glug Datt

NHL Season Suspended

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, in light of there being no Hockey, Basketball, Baseball and now no Disneyland either, I've decided to try taking up knitting with my own back hair.

 

Anyone have any other weird hobbies they are hoping to cultivate??? 

 

:)

 

I have a feeling that job jar in the kitchen is going to be front and center for the next while.. 

 

 

- sigh - 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone want to play hocke.....

 

Or go to the movi....

 

How about going out drinking to a ba....

 

Weathers been nice...

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shorten the regular season or shorten the playoffs; one thing they certainly can’t do is delay the scheduled start date of the 2020-2021 season.
 

Every option should be  on the table. 

 

Best case scenario is a Delay of two weeks: the season resumes and the regular season  and playoffs are completed as usual. To cover the late start to summer, training camp is between 1-2 weeks shorter with a later start date. 2020 Season resumes as scheduled. 
 

 

Second Scenario would be that the delay is longer than 2 weeks limiting either the regular season schedule or the playoffs schedule. Which one do you make shorter? If the playoffs are shortened to 5 game series the lost time is recovered and teams get the chance to fight to get into the playoffs. Ultimately the NHL season plays out in the normal way. 
 

the next worst scenario is an interruption of more than a month. In this case, things start to get really interesting.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

So since this is about the NHL cancellation and we already have a virus thread, does anyone know what happens to our pick if the playoffs end up cancelled?

This is what I came on here to find out too. Ultimately I think no one knows at this point. The way I see it, it could play out a couple ways:

 

1. because we were technically in a playoff position, Tampa gets our first pick

 

2. because it was never officially determined whether we were going to make the playoffs or not, we retain our pick for this season and Tampa gets our first next year. 
 

I’m thinking that to determine the order of picks in the draft, they will calculate the points per game average. So even though we’re currently 12th from last place, after calculating the point per games average it drops us down three spots to 15th I believe. 
 

It’s a pretty simple calculation to determine the average: 78 points / 69 games played X 82 games = 92.70 points 

 

Using the equation above it would actually leap frog us ahead of the Flames, Rangers and the Jets despite those three teams having more points than us. Reason being is because we’ve played less games. The Flames and Rangers average out to 92.54 points and Jets average 92.39

 

I also wonder what they’ll do with the draft lottery?

Edited by YearoftheNuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this takes longer than 30days, they will probably cancel the season

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This shall give Markstrom time to heal, and for the rest of the team time to gel and practice together, albeit at minimal, informally.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 3:48 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this virus airborne? Like, if someone is unwell 10 feet from me, can I catch the virus? Or is it only transferred by touch?

 

Just thinking about opening the windows on the train and bus, would that help?


Latest research shows it can survive 3 hours in the air and 3 days on surfaces. Earlier information saying person to person contact spreading only looks to be false. 
 

https://time.com/5801278/coronavirus-stays-on-surfaces-days-tests/
 

If this follows the trajectory of Italy (2,000 new cases daily), Europe (France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Austria 100+ new cases daily) and the US (100’s new cases daily) then here’s what will happen here. First it’s only a few cases (Jan. 28 1st case in BC), then dozens (Mar. 7 27 cases), then hundreds (there is 53 cases as of Mar. 12 and we will hit 100 in the next week or so), then thousands. As infection rates increase so do the deaths from those who are most vulnerable: the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions. First it’s 1 death, then dozens then hundreds then thousands. No country has reached that point yet (Italy will cross 1,000 dead tomorrow), but that’s the trajectory.

 

Of course this could play out very differently here and I pray that this scenario does not come to fruition, but it’s wise imo for us to look at previous countries experiences with the virus given that this is something we know very little about.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, x00x said:

if this takes longer than 30days, they will probably cancel the season

Took 120 days fir China basketball to return.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YearoftheNuck said:

This is what I came on here to find out too. Ultimately I think no one knows at this point. The way I see it, it could play out a couple ways:

 

1. because we were technically in a playoff position, Tampa gets our first pick

 

2. because it was never officially determined whether we were going to make the playoffs or not, we retain our pick for this season and Tampa gets our first next year. 
 

I’m thinking that to determine the order of picks in the draft, they will calculate the points per game average. So even though we’re currently 12th from last place, after calculating the point per games average it drops us down three spots to 15th I believe. 
 

It’s a pretty simple calculation to determine the average: 78 points / 69 games played X 82 games = 92.70 points 

 

Using the equation above it would actually leap frog us ahead of the Flames, Rangers and the Jets despite those three teams having more points than us. Reason being is because we’ve played less games. The Flames and Rangers average out to 92.54 points and Jets average 92.39

 

I also wonder what they’ll do with the draft lottery?

 

F8C11692-20B9-4088-9C5D-2FBED9F6200F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dogcrazy said:

Can we get a refund on Toffoli?

Now why don’t you take a time out for a time. 
 

Blasphemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, stawns said:

It's airborne, washing hands and not touching your face isnt going to do anything

That wasn’t my point at all 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

 

F8C11692-20B9-4088-9C5D-2FBED9F6200F.jpeg

Season is over, so keeping our first is the best result.  

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

way I see it if the playoffs are cancled then the Canucks keep their first and send Tampa next year's. All the teams are given lotto odds based on their current standings. 

 

And with the 31st pick in the 2020 entry draft the canucks select. Helge Grans

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the season does come back, which I think is unlikely, I think they should come back into a divisional round robin tournament with all 31 teams and the champs moving on to conference and Stanley Cup finals of 7 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, x00x said:

if this takes longer than 30days, they will probably cancel the season

If this is the case, brace yourselves because the season will likely be cancelled. 

 

A worldwide pandemic won't magically go away in 30 days unless every country (and its general population) do their part.  Unfortunately, if you go over to the coronavirus thread, you can see there's plenty of self-centred and entitled individuals that have the mindset that if it doesn't affect them, it doesn't matter.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

If the season does come back, which I think is unlikely, I think they should come back into a divisional round robin tournament with all 31 teams and the champs moving on to conference and Stanley Cup finals of 7 games.

No, because that would mean pathetic teams like Detroit, gets a chance to win the cup (not saying they would, but the idea they get to play in a playoff round robin is bs). A line should still be drawn somewhere.

Edited by ruilin96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

No, because that would mean pathetic teams like Detroit, gets a chance to win the cup (not saying they would, but the idea they get to play in a playoff round robin is bs). A line should still be drawn somewhere.

I’m hopeful we get to keep our first this year.  I think we are even a better team (with new coach) next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m hopeful we get to keep our first this year.  I think we are even a better team (with new coach) next year. 

I would actually want to keep our first next year for a chance to get Quinn's youngest brother onto the team. He has the potential to be an even better Defenseman than Quinn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.