The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Season Suspended

Rate this topic

No...No...just no to playing with out fans. I watched the start of WWE Smackdown tonight without fans...quickly changed the channel. 
It was like pizza without toppings, an ice cream cone without ice cream or making out with a...oh wait I can’t say that. 

7 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Anyone already having hockey with-drawals? Re-watched some highlights from earlier this season just makes me really sad. I hope we get over this soon!

yes. At this point I'd even be happy to watch a Leafs game. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

If games without fans can be done safely, you'd rather no hockey in a time where most of us could really use something positive?

I wonder if we end up with a situation where Canada's outbreak is more like South Korea's, and the US is more like Italy... I wonder if the NHL would still be willing to play the games in Canada? might as well if there's not going to be anyone in the stands. 

Alright, I'm desperate. I still have this on my PVR. Got some cold ones in the fridge and I'm watching this at 700pm tonight. I'm guessing if I could fit you all in my living room I would have no shortage of guests. If I start posting about the game as if it's live it's because the beers are flowing oh so well, lol. Hurry back NHL. 

20200314_110052.jpg

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Alright, I'm desperate. I still have this on my PVR. Got some cold ones in the fridge and I'm watching this at 700pm tonight. I'm guessing if I could fit you all in my living room I would have no shortage of guests. If I start posting about the game as if it's live it's because the beers are flowing oh so well, lol. Hurry back NHL. 

20200314_110052.jpg

little bit jelly over here.. I'm cleaning the garage

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, rekker said:

20200314_110052.jpg

I still have the exciting wins over Colorado and Boston from last season on my PVR!

• Haha 1

Rocky Wirtz and Jerry Reinsdorf (owner of Chicago Bulls, and co-owner of United Center with Wirtz) have announced that all day to day employees and associated staff of respective teams will be paid for the entirety of the regular season.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Glug Datt said:

it seems like the Flames & the Jets are the only teams not paying.. 

Canucks aren’t either, are they? 

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/03/13/these-are-the-nhl-owners-who-have-not-agreed-to-pay-arena-staff-for-suspended-events/

Edited by Standing_Tall#37

Our 50th anniversary has been the most interesting season in our lifetimes:

- The emergence of Hughes;

- The potential of having 6 guys reach 20 goals or more;

- The team could reach the playoffs;

- Markstrom playing lights out.

- And the coronavirus shuts the season down indefinitely 

Classless act by any pro sports team that can’t cover their minimum wage employees 

I will make sure that any team pulling that crap does not directly get a dollar

what goes around around comes around and there is a reason some franchises are truly pathetic 

f all the teams that don’t pay up 

they don’t realize what social wrath is coming their way 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Classless act by any pro sports team that can’t cover their minimum wage employees 

I will make sure that any team pulling that crap does not directly never gets a dollar directly from me 

what goes around around comes around and there is a reason some franchises are truly pathetic 

f all the teams that don’t pay up 

they don’t realize what social wrath is coming their way 

Yeah, I am totally against mobbing people but the owners of the Flames and Jets deserve whatever they have coming. Flames owner invests in oil sands and has 1.5-2.5B in net worth but can’t fork out a million to support the staff that run his business. On top of that has the gulls to demand 300M of taxpayer money to build a new arena. Makes me sick. 

• Like 2