The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

40 minutes ago, falcons said:

Give it a month and if it all looks good to come back every team goes into the playoffs. Make every series a best of 5 .

All teams can get back some revenue in ticket sales aswell.

Would never happen.... you think NHL wants to put on a Red Wings v. Bruins series?

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Soooooooo....... there's no hockey tonight?

Not tonight, and not for 8-12 weeks if we are lucky.  This season is done.  Lots of stuff will need to be done over the summer to get ready for next season, like how will the draft happen, compliance buyouts, cap calculation.  Still going to be an interesting summer.  

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

TSN4 has the panel discussing it. 

It was brought up, if the league has to cancel the rest of the season. There could be either a freeze or adjustment of the salary cap because of the financial loss of the league. 

Oh boy. 

So I guess we payed for only 10 games from Tofu after all.. :(

• Cheers 1

What I don't understand is they canceled the NBA season because one player got infected and may have transferred it to other players etc. But I don't believe an NHL player has been affected (yet). So, couldn't they keep playing the games (without spectators), until someone contracts it? In basketball they're just wearing basically a tank top and shorts and use their hands to play with the ball. But in hockey, players are equipped head to toe and wear gloves?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Do we take our first rounder this year if we get to choose now?

Kinda depends on what happens to the season in the end. If it's suspended we may yet make the playoffs or miss them and then we don't have a choice but if it's cancelled I'd imagine we wouldn't decide until the draft lottery.

Looks like even if we play and lose to Arizona, our win % will be 0.564 the same as Calgary and we're in on ROW. In Calgary win, Winnipeg are on 0.543 and not playing tonight so we snag the last wildcard spot. So long as we don't play and lose to Arizona and Colorado, we're squeaking through into the playoffs if they have them.

Just now, Devron44 said:

Do we take our first rounder this year if we get to choose now?

There won’t be any more games this season, but there will still be lots of interesting things for discussion.  On that first, the league might say its up to the Canucks whether they want to give it up this year or keep it, considering (when the season got shut down) the team was by % of winning in the playoffs.  Even so, what spot in the draft would Jersey get? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, drdeath said:

Kinda depends on what happens to the season in the end. If it's suspended we may yet make the playoffs or miss them and then we don't have a choice but if it's cancelled I'd imagine we wouldn't decide until the draft lottery.

That’s true. I suspect the season will be postponed and eventually cancelled. It’s not going to be just a few weeks of suspension that’s for sure. This is just the tip of the ice berg. It’s going to get worse before it gets better more then likely 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There won’t be any more games this season, but there will still be lots of interesting things for discussion.  On that first, the league might say its up to the Canucks whether they want to give it up this year or keep it, considering (when the season got shut down) the team was by % of winning in the playoffs.  Even so, what spot in the draft would Jersey get? 

1st overall obviously lol

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Wow, this CoronaVirus is getting scary. At least the season's just postponed and not cancelled but if things get worse they may have to cancel.

It will be cancelled it’s not going to be better in a month