Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

ok

i get it

so now what ?

what am i supposed to do tonight instead ?

is there in fact life without hockey ?

maybe i can catch an extra shift at work

for entertainment?

Sim every postponed NHL game in NHL 20 and report back with how the playoff race is going

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

If the nhl ends up cancelling the regular season I dont believe we make the playoffs if they use standings as of today.

I guess it depends if they average the points per game played vs the current standings.

If we are done for the year I would be fine if the Canucks are out of the playoffs. This is the first time I have typed this.

My reasoning is that we then get our 1st round pick this year and hopefully we get some very un Canuck like luck and get a lottery pick. Even if we did not get a lottery pick, JB would pick up another nice piece.

In my mind we can only get better next year so we could afford to not pick with a 1st in 2021.

14 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I guess it depends if they average the points per game played vs the current standings.

If we are done for the year I would be fine if the Canucks are out of the playoffs. This is the first time I have typed this.

My reasoning is that we then get our 1st round pick this year and hopefully we get some very un Canuck like luck and get a lottery pick. Even if we did not get a lottery pick, JB would pick up another nice piece.

In my mind we can only get better next year so we could afford to not pick with a 1st in 2021.

Yeah until next year petterson and hughes go down for significant amount of time. I'd rather not take the gamble 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah until next year petterson and hughes go down for significant amount of time. I'd rather not take the gamble 

If it's top 10 (maybe top 12) in 2020 I'd keep it, but if it's in that 12 -16 range I'd give it up just in case 20/21 is a disaster.  It shouldn't be but, like you said, if Petterson or Hughes go down.....

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I heard liquor stores are gonna shut down for at least two weeks.

That fine.  Liquor is the devil and I’ve never touched a drop.   Everyone should quit drinking!  

Just joking. I’m buzzed on my deck right now.   

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

That fine.  Liquor is the devil and I’ve never touched a drop.   Everyone should quit drinking!  

Just joking. I’m buzzed on my deck right now.   

With out liquor many of us would never have even been conceived.

3 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

You do know you can have booze delivered for $3 plus tip right? And technically you don't have to tip.

The pick it up from the liquor store, on the up side, went for some milk and checked the TP aisle and it has stock and even on sale.