Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

6 hours ago, Lazurus said:

All kind of logistics.

Contracts end

Free agency

The Draft

Clauses in trade deals

What ever they do, it has to be completed by July 1. Otherwise there is too much to do, some stuff just can't be delayed.

Playoffs ending in late August early September, players changing teams and then starting a few weeks later

Playoffs can be shortened but still have them.

First round a best of three or five with back to back games, one week and they are done.

Second round the same

One week off and then the conference finals with limited OT's and then 4 on 4 to shorten the games

Stanley cup finals just the regular series, best of seven with unlimited OT 5 on 5.

Then there would be the cap, with no games the cap goes down. For wome teams that is no big deal, even Toronto might have to jettison only one player to go down 4 million, they might have to let Barrie go.

But in Vancouver, 11 players needing raises? With only 8 to 11 million? Toffoli signs with LA or Anaheim who have loads of cap space now even if the Canucks let both Tanev, Stecher and Markstrom go for free they are still in cap hell, next year Pettersson and Hughes need an additional 14 million in cap space and that is conservative if they grind them down to 7 mil a season each.

Then this team is on the outside looking in depending upon the game number the league decides on, they might decide that game number 68 that all teams have played and then use tie breakers. This would be a failure to make the playoffs.

Hopefully they pause for no more than 3 weeks

To all the people who think the cap is going down, this will not happen, it might not go up as much as they said it may even stay the same, but if you look at how teams have been operating, more then half of them at the ceiling and using LTIR, it just doesn't work.

If the owners ask the players to take a decrease it will most likely trigger a re-opening of the CBA.

The easiest solution for both sides would have the cap increase by nothing or a small amount.

Keep in mind, this is a loss of revenue for this season, not a loss of revenue for next season (if the coronavirus goes into next season and they start the season somewhere at mid point then I could see salaries getting prorated.

My guess is that the players are not going to receive the remainder of their salaries unless the teams are insured for a case like this. Season ticket holders will be payed back for games missed and each team will suffer some financial loss some far worse then others. T.V revenue will be lossed  for the remainder of the season. Which means players will lose out on their escrow payments.

5 hours ago, coastal.view said:

ok

i get it

so now what ?

what am i supposed to do tonight instead ?

is there in fact life without hockey ?

maybe i can catch an extra shift at work

for entertainment?

Take flu and cold meds. Go out and find TP. that should cover the night's entertainment sufficiently. Have fun!

Funny story, i walked about 2 blocks to the store cause we actually did need toilet paper and i carried it home under my arm (just one package). People walking towards me we giving me a extra wide birth. This TP thing is insanity.

on a side note, if you get stuck in a long line try coughing and blowing your nose.

I'm hoping that the season gets cancelled, I really want to know how leagues like the NHL,and NBA deal with all of the issue

Don't get me wrong I do realize a cancelation of the season does mean things got a whole lot worse so I'm not rooting for it it's just a morbid curiosity 

For now I will just have to pretend it is the summer and there is no sports going on in this province