The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

33 minutes ago, apollo said:

Very close indeed!

Such a gutsy season from him this year... we've seen multiple times he gets hurts, goes to the locker room, and comes back.

IIRC during a Winnipeg game on shot blocks from Laine... I thought he was destroyed, then he ended up playing fine the next game. The man feels no pain. He's one of the "bravest" guys in the NHL hands down. I anticipate he'll take a team friendly deal and a slight home town discount.

Chris is on contract year, I expect him to come back more focused than ever... he's gonna get that pay day.

If he had too he would stop to puck with his teeth to win a game. Just a true warrior. I couldn’t believe he came back from those ones either.

This is a tough loss for the PK and defence in general which hasn’t been great. Guys must step up somehow.

Gotta be fairly optimistic though. Week to week isn’t usually a good sign but BB coming back in half the time he was out makes me feel like Tanev could be back in the next few games. I suspect he’ll come back sooner then he’s suppose to and play through some of it.

A modest raise for 3 years would be ideal. Still need these guys for awhile as our defence becomes younger 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Benn's a known quantity at the NHL level who understands our systems, Rafferty isn't and doesn't. If we had some flex pointwise I could see it, but things are likely too tight for the coaching staff to want to throw an unknown out there.

System? What system? We have a defensive system? 

• Wat 1

15 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

System? What system? We have a defensive system? 

We do! Don't pressure the points whatsoever, and when the puck leaves the points everybody follows whoever has the puck like it's timbits hockey. 

We do have a system! It's just not particularly effective at being defence... 

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

We do! Don't pressure the points whatsoever, and when the puck leaves the points everybody follows whoever has the puck like it's timbits hockey. 

We do have a system! It's just not particularly effective at being defence... 

This is true 

aka .... tire fire 

Their arena can be empty and the piped in crowd noise will deafen the broadcast. You hear the same whistle every 35 seconds or so and sometimes the guy presses the cheer button when the other team scores or their player got rag dolled.

Another MUST win, there is still one more after this with the Yotes, it almost makes it look like it will be the last two games that will decide who is in the playoffs this year

They have a winning record at home and Tanev is out.