The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes | TBD | What's Interference? Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

5 hours ago, Slegr said:

So sad that it's looking more and more like the rest of the season is done. I'm not ready to go without Canucks hockey for weeks on end.

Not weeks on end. We are looking at months or potentially cancellation of the 2020-2021 season. Next time we play again it could be an away game at  Seattle. This is not exaggeration boys. It’s getting more serious and won’t change until a vaccine or something is developed.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Not weeks on end. We are looking at months or potentially cancellation of the 2020-2021 season. Next time we play again it could be an away game at  Seattle. This is not exaggeration boys. It’s getting more serious and won’t change until a vaccine or something is developed.  

Easy there Mr sky is falling 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

League should "end" the season and base Divisional spots based off of points percentage. Afterwords have 4 of the highest teams outside the division in each conference compete for the last two wildcard spot in an win and you're in situation. Teams within the division would be safe and get a by. Would screw over a few teams though.

I'd rather just see a delay personally. Would give Marky the time he needs.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

League should "end" the season and base Divisional spots based off of points percentage. Afterwords have 4 of the highest teams outside the division in each conference compete for the last two wildcard spot in an win and you're in situation. Teams within the division would be safe and get a by. Would screw over a few teams though.

I'd rather just see a delay personally. Would give Marky the time he needs.

They aren’t going to reinvent the wheel.  The playoff format is established. They just need to determine who’s in based on win %.   The real concern is whether or not playoffs can even go ahead    at all 

5 hours ago, grandmaster said:

As of after tonight’s games the Canucks are in the playoffs if the NHL does a playoff only resumption later:

442F757B-D25D-47D6-AFAF-E24A489C5350.png

This standings overview is incorrect.

Nashville is ahead of Vancouver.  They've both played 69 games and each have 78pts.  The tie-breaker is no longer ROW this season but RW and Nashville has 28 regular wins to Vancouver's 27.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They aren’t going to reinvent the wheel.  The playoff format is established. They just need to determine who’s in based on win %.   The real concern is whether or not playoffs can even go ahead    at all 

They aren't reinventing the wheel. This issue calls for unconventional thinking since this is an unconventional problem.

The kicker that goes against what you say would be the games played. Teams that would be out could argue that had everyone played as many games that they could be in. Example being if team A lost their 2 games in hand of team B, team B would be in. It would be a very valid point.

Having the teams fighting for it literately fight for it would be a fairer option and entertaining.

Who knows if it happens though, it could just end the season for sure. Hard to predict.

Like I said though I would rather see a delay if at all possible.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They aren't reinventing the wheel. This issue calls for unconventional thinking since this is an unconventional problem.

The kicker that goes against what you say would be the games played. Teams that would be out could argue that had everyone played as many games that they could be in. Example being if team A lost their 2 games in hand of team B, team B would be in. It would be a very valid point.

Having the teams fighting for it literately fight for it would be a fairer option and entertaining.

Who knows if it happens though, it could just end the season for sure. Hard to predict.

Like I said though I would rather see a delay if at all possible.

China basketball stopped playing games 9 weeks ago.  They are starting up again at the start of April.  So they are continuing their play after 12 weeks.  Could we shut down the NHL for three months, come back and finish the season/playoffs, and start next season in October?  

30 minutes ago, mll said:

This standings overview is incorrect.

Nashville is ahead of Vancouver.  They've both played 69 games and each have 78pts.  The tie-breaker is no longer ROW this season but RW and Nashville has 28 regular wins to Vancouver's 27.  

That’s funny all the sights have the Canucks in the #8 spot. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Slegr said:

So sad that it's looking more and more like the rest of the season is done. I'm not ready to go without Canucks hockey for weeks on end.

Either am I.  

Sure seems like society is panicking for what appears to be a bit more aggressive "flu".  Who knows for sure though as it may take a number of weeks or even a few months to see how far this covid19 goes.

I guess we will know later today with respect to the NHL. 

Who cares about that wildcard spot, we are one point behind from being 3rd in the Pacific with a game in hand.

Big day today, put the Yotes away for good and hope for a Flames loss. Rest of the season is Nucks vs Flames for that last Pacific spot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coolboarder said:

If the NHL cancels the season, it is fine with me, to be honest.  Health and to stop the virus from spreading even further is more important.   I do not want players to be infected and impact their future career or even his life is not worth the risk.   I just read this page about keeping the 1st round pick if the season is cancelled with no playoffs or worrying about salary cap being lower is disgusting, health comes first before the sport.   If we ever come through and hockey is back in near future when pandemics has contained under control or there's vaccine available for this diseases then we can discuss on impact of the CBA between the owner and the PA.  This is not time or place for that, imho..  

Please explain the bolded.  How does cancelling the season stop covid19 from spreading? They could play in empty arenas and test players before they enter. Two teams along with their trainers etc would only be about 70 people.

If you actually believe keeping the teams away from each is the solution, then you would also be saying even small groups of humans could not be near each other.  That is not realistic and panders to the media fuelled fear mongering regarding this whole issue.

When health officials tell people "just stay home from work if you don't feel well", that is again unrealistic. Are they actually so naive they would tell people with no sick day benefits to stay home even though those same people must work to pay that high rent??

Society can't just grind to a halt. Civilization has gotten through these types of things before and will again. Unfortunately social media has screwed society up big time imo.

Anyway.....GCG!!!

I hope there is a game tonight but buttman will cave like the NBA did.

• Like 1